Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails > Moab

Notices

Anyone from Moab Utah? Moab 4x4 Outpost

Old 08-16-2010, 08:37 AM   #1
MJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Michael
MJonesTrumpet's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone from Moab Utah? Moab 4x4 Outpost

So...I'm trying to complete my dual battery build. I have everything all worked out, except a tray that will correctly fit two 34/78 optima batteries. I found a tray online that is exactly what I'm looking for, I ordered a different one that put a half in space between the batteries, and Apparently there is litterally only enough room for the two batteries precisely side by side. Anyway, found this great tray, decent price even. But shipping is twice the price of the tray...they only ship united states postal service...there has to be a way to ship it far cheaper, ups? fedex?. The tray isnt that heavy and its really not even that big. Has anyone ever gotten anything from them? It looks like their shop is an actual shop, not just an online store.

M40 - Moab 4x4 Outpost

1805 South Hwy 191
Moab, UT 84532
435-259-1109

there website is http://www.moab4x4outpost.com/servle...ry-Tray/Detail

anyone know anything about them? Its even 66 dollars to ship to an address IN Moab...that seems a bit ridiculous to me...I know shipping heavy items through the USPS is never a cost effective choice...I'm going to email their sales people and see if they would consider UPS or FedEx.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:11 PM   #2
Manlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonesTrumpet View Post
So...I'm trying to complete my dual battery build. I have everything all worked out, except a tray that will correctly fit two 34/78 optima batteries. I found a tray online that is exactly what I'm looking for, I ordered a different one that put a half in space between the batteries, and Apparently there is litterally only enough room for the two batteries precisely side by side. Anyway, found this great tray, decent price even. But shipping is twice the price of the tray...they only ship united states postal service...there has to be a way to ship it far cheaper, ups? fedex?. The tray isnt that heavy and its really not even that big. Has anyone ever gotten anything from them? It looks like their shop is an actual shop, not just an online store.

M40 - Moab 4x4 Outpost

1805 South Hwy 191
Moab, UT 84532
435-259-1109

there website is http://www.moab4x4outpost.com/servle...ry-Tray/Detail

anyone know anything about them? Its even 66 dollars to ship to an address IN Moab...that seems a bit ridiculous to me...I know shipping heavy items through the USPS is never a cost effective choice...I'm going to email their sales people and see if they would consider UPS or FedEx.
I know it may be cheating and they may not like it, but they have their store setup kinda odd for shipping. No clue if they'll catch and/or complain about it, or if thats the way its meant to be.

Add in a cheap product to the cart as well, like http://www.moab4x4outpost.com/servle...y-Trail/Detail (costs $3.00 makes shipping $1.00), or http://www.moab4x4outpost.com/servle...-Straps/Detail ($15 but $0. shipping). See if there's something else you want from them that will reduce shipping drastically.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:23 PM   #3
MJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Michael
MJonesTrumpet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manlaan View Post
I know it may be cheating and they may not like it, but they have their store setup kinda odd for shipping. No clue if they'll catch and/or complain about it, or if thats the way its meant to be.

Add in a cheap product to the cart as well, like http://www.moab4x4outpost.com/servle...y-Trail/Detail (costs $3.00 makes shipping $1.00), or http://www.moab4x4outpost.com/servle...-Straps/Detail ($15 but $0. shipping). See if there's something else you want from them that will reduce shipping drastically.

REP TO YOU!!!!

You just had the freaking most amazing find ever. I went with the 3 dollar map thing with a dollar shipping, 4 bucks total, and ordered my battery tray, shipping for everything was 1 dollar! Charged my card accordingly. I'll keep my eye on my web banking to make sure they dont try to charge me for extra shipping, but you my friend, are amazing. Lots and lots of rep to you!
Old 09-08-2012, 02:19 PM   #4
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

I don't know about using Moab 4x4 Outpost's store, but my friend took his Jeep there for an inspection during the 2012 Easter Jeep Jamboree. The staff was helpful, and considering the demand, service was very fast. The old Jeep started making a lot of interesting suspension noise after a day on the trail, so we dropped it off for the shop to look it over while we did some laundry. We picked it up a few hours later. They said the noise wasn't a problem (just a rusty Jeep suspension getting a serious workout), and even greased a few points for free.

I know this is an old thread, but I thought this might help someone that needed to visit a shop while in Moab. I'd recommend giving them a try.