Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails > Moab

Notices

Moab Veterans...what trails have you done with your Taco?

Old 02-09-2011, 01:19 PM   #1
The lice...they hate the sugar
Richard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ted
Richard Cranium's Tacoma Gallery
Moab Veterans...what trails have you done with your Taco?

In highschool, my dad, brother and I went to Moab two late-April's in a row and camped and ATV'd the areas just west of Moab. We covered a hell of a lot of ground in the area between Hwy 313 and Moab - a boat load of the entire Gemini Bridges area, Golden Spike trail, Bull Canyon and some others. We also went down to the Green River to Hey Joe Canyon and the depleted Uranium mine on the west side of Hwy 313. This last stretch was my favorite.

I was 16 and 17 during the two trips and was so focused on the 4-wheelers, I never really paid much attention to the 4x4 trucks that were out there, let alone if the trails we were on could accomodate a Tacoma or anything.

Anyone else been on these trails (specifically the Hey Joe route) with their Taco or any other 4x4? I'm in the very early stages of trying to plan a trip to either Moab or the San Juan's in CO. Just trying to see what others have experienced in the Moab area.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:06 AM   #2
06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kenney
06rubi's Tacoma Gallery
I'm curious too. Went a couple years ago in the Jeep and am planning on a spring trip next year. I'd like to know what mods you had done when you ran the trail and if you had any issues.
To the OP its a tough choice between Moab and the San Juans! I've been to both and think they are must do's if you are into wheelin.