1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Moab Veterans...what trails have you done with your Taco?

Discussion in 'Moab' started by Richard Cranium, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Feb 9, 2011 at 1:19 PM
    Richard Cranium

Richard Cranium [OP] The lice...they hate the sugar

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    Omaha, NE
    Vehicle:
    2013 Raven FR-S
    Forever sideways and smiling :D
    In highschool, my dad, brother and I went to Moab two late-April's in a row and camped and ATV'd the areas just west of Moab. We covered a hell of a lot of ground in the area between Hwy 313 and Moab - a boat load of the entire Gemini Bridges area, Golden Spike trail, Bull Canyon and some others. We also went down to the Green River to Hey Joe Canyon and the depleted Uranium mine on the west side of Hwy 313. This last stretch was my favorite.

I was 16 and 17 during the two trips and was so focused on the 4-wheelers, I never really paid much attention to the 4x4 trucks that were out there, let alone if the trails we were on could accomodate a Tacoma or anything.

Anyone else been on these trails (specifically the Hey Joe route) with their Taco or any other 4x4? I'm in the very early stages of trying to plan a trip to either Moab or the San Juan's in CO. Just trying to see what others have experienced in the Moab area.

2. Feb 15, 2011 at 12:06 AM
    06rubi

06rubi Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenney
    Pueblo West, CO
    Vehicle:
    10 MGM (wife's truck)
    Debadged, tinted windows, 7 pin relocated, bed lights, 12 volt socket in bed of truck, on board air, auxiliary fuse box, grill craft, hella 500's, t-rex eyelids, pink budbuilt skids, icon remote resi coil over, camburg uca, alcan rear springs, ubolt flip, icon 2.5 remote rear resi shocks
    I'm curious too. Went a couple years ago in the Jeep and am planning on a spring trip next year. I'd like to know what mods you had done when you ran the trail and if you had any issues.
    To the OP its a tough choice between Moab and the San Juans! I've been to both and think they are must do's if you are into wheelin.

Products Discussed in

To Top