Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails > Moab

Notices

Occupy Moab Attendee List/Poll

View Poll Results: Attending? Camping? Hotel?
Attending 48 67.61%
Camping 60 84.51%
Camping, but not at main campsite 7 9.86%
Hotel 4 5.63%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-16-2011, 02:39 PM   #21
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
I'll be sleeping in the truck. Main campsite I guess.
u guess????????
camping for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-18-2011, 07:08 AM   #22
Benjamin Newman
Btnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Benjamin
Btnewman's Tacoma Gallery
Attending, probably camping... Dependent on th ol' lady
Old 12-18-2011, 07:49 PM   #23
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
negative rep from some derp...

""occupy" only keeps me away from your meet... derp"

really?!

it's a joke...pretty sure with a comment like that we don't want you there anyway...
Old 12-18-2011, 11:00 PM   #25
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsoftoys View Post
u guess????????
camping for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wasn't sure if there were other campsites available? I haven't been paying attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post

it's a joke...pretty sure with a comment like that we don't want you there anyway...
x2... that's funny as hell though.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:11 AM   #27
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiratus View Post
Maybe he's a 1%er.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
yea doesn't sound like a guy worth having around
yea sorry to vent about that rep posting, but seriously?!

yea maybe he is a 1%er butt hurt on some personal issues who can't take a joke, but if they were to keep up with the whole moab meet, he'd realize that it was made as a joke and that most of us have had our fun with it but realize it's not the best option...

Taco Takeover i think maybe our best option so far...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
I wasn't sure if there were other campsites available? I haven't been paying attention.

x2... that's funny as hell though.
there are many options in moab if anyone chooses not to camp at the main site...

the main site will have at least one toilet i will have dropped off on thursday and activities going on all day and night i'm sure...Area BFE is gracious enough to let us use this area so we will need to be anal about keeping the place cleaner than you would keep your own property, but it's free for our use.

there are some other options on the first page of the main thread near the bottom of the first post..

another member had these suggestions...

"theres a bunch of camping right where the main ohv trails are.. like fins n things and slickrock if ya mtn. bike. I think you've been there, but theres what i call normal camping.. just small dispersed sites with no amenities. These are the best and cheapest sites in my opinion.

Also theres Fishers towers, like 20 miles north of moab and ummm... i forget the one slightly closer. they dont get as full.

All the sites by the river are pretty gross and trashed, it was always worth it for me to travel.

Also you might want to check in with the blm on this, but most of the camping restrictions are just along the river, so if you are going to do some trails, you might be able to just camp in the backcountry."
Old 12-20-2011, 06:43 PM   #28
Legend of the UG
Kappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 307th Expeditionary Sig BN
Name: Mike
Kappes03's Tacoma Gallery
Oh thanks for planning this 10 days AFTER I ship out ya jerk
Old 12-20-2011, 08:57 PM   #30
Modified Glamper Extraordinaire
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappes03 View Post

Dude, tell me you are kidding about calling anyone a jerk. That is so unfair. The date of the meet was determined by a poll. That poll was open for weeks, you had every opportunity to say what worked for you.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...et-2012-a.html
Old 12-21-2011, 07:45 AM   #32
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappes03 View Post
well looks like you need to admit to your sergeant that you're a gay racist terrorist so you can make the trip

then when you come back you can tell him you were just yankin his chain..haha
Old 12-21-2011, 11:11 AM   #33
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
lol^
Old 12-21-2011, 01:01 PM   #35
άber Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
well looks like you need to admit to your sergeant that you're a gay racist terrorist so you can make the trip

That would not end well...... NEVER yank the first shirt's chain.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:57 AM   #36
Legend of the UG
Kappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 307th Expeditionary Sig BN
Kappes03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiratus View Post

Dude, tell me you are kidding about calling anyone a jerk. That is so unfair. The date of the meet was determined by a poll. That poll was open for weeks, you had every opportunity to say what worked for you.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...et-2012-a.html
Whoa take it easy... guess I left out the sarcasm smiley.
Plus I didn't know if I was shipping in October or next August, so my input would have done no good. I just found out I was leaving in May. Thanks for your concern though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
lol no need to explode on the guy Mike haha i sense he is being half joking and bout the jerk part..
Internet is serious business... if it's on the internet, it must be true.

Quote:

Haha yea I dunno how well that will go over...
Old 12-31-2011, 06:35 PM   #37
TurtleGuy
modsquad will become famous soon enoughmodsquad will become famous soon enough

Name: Andrew
modsquad's Tacoma Gallery
NYCO, I'll be coming in with some of the southern NV crowd. I'll probably be camping at the main site one night with the group and away somewhere another night. Just wanted to make sure you knew, I did the poll but didn't see my UN on the attending list. Looking forward to a great time and meeting some of you guys!
Old 01-08-2012, 01:38 PM   #38
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Put me down as a maybe, camping at main site.
Old 01-08-2012, 02:13 PM   #39
Git-r-Done
muleyhunter is on a distinguished road

Name: Trevor
muleyhunter's Tacoma Gallery
Location at campsite for 13 ft fiberglass bubble, burro camper?
Old 01-08-2012, 02:18 PM   #40
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
You should be fine ...dk how flat or easy it will be to find a solid spot but from what I gather you will be fine...

If things get crowded, bfe said we could set some campers up in the upper lot