Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails > Moab

Notices

Operation Moab Trail Listing

View Poll Results: What trails do you want to/plan on running?
Kane Creek 13 48.15%
Poison Spider 10 37.04%
Golden Spike 9 33.33%
Cliff Hanger 9 33.33%
Hells Revenge 9 33.33%
Fins & Things 10 37.04%
Behind the Rocks 9 33.33%
Elephant Hill 13 48.15%
Sevenmile Rim 9 33.33%
Top of the World 10 37.04%
White Rim 8 29.63%
Bull Canyon and/or Gemini Bridges 3 11.11%
Secret Spire 5 18.52%
Onion Creek 7 25.93%
Other... 10 37.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-01-2012, 09:27 AM   #261
RAGEAHOLIC
mh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 12th MAR HQ BTRY TAP
Name: HARRISON
mh.meier's Tacoma Gallery
2 weeks FTW!!!!!
Old 05-01-2012, 09:57 AM   #262
welcome to the incredibuild
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Twistedfreedom's Tacoma Gallery
Less than 2 weeks... 10 days
Old 05-01-2012, 10:02 AM   #263
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
this may seem as an obvious thing to do, but may not be for some, but..

PLEASE DO YOUR HOMEWORK ON THE TRAILS YOU PLAN ON RUNNING

IF YOU DON'T THINK YOU CAN MAKE IT THROUGH THESE TRAILS, PLEASE RETHINK YOUR OPTIONS SO YOU DO NOT BECOME A BURDEN TO OTHERS ON THE TRAIL

THERE IS AN OVERWHELMING AMOUNT OF INFORMATION ALREADY DISPLAYED AMONG THE THREADS AND ON THE INTERNET FOR PROPER RESEARCH

there is room for improvement in everyone's skill set and abilities that will be enhanced while on this trip, but if you are a beginner, do not try the hardest trails. those with more experience behind the wheel know how far they can push their trucks and are comfortable in trying trails that will push their limits and their truck's limits.

a lot of these trails have bypasses which will allow you to try a harder trail and back down to take a bypass, but some of these trails do not have the option. this is where doing your homework comes in handy.

not trying to scare people away from trying new trails and furthering their skill sets, but be informed and be prepared for the trails you plan on running.

this also goes for trails like white rim. it is not hard, but you will be camping over night with the group that is going, so make sure you have all the supplies needed for the overnight. (most the group sounds like they are set, but just a reminder)

just because you have 9 others on a trail with you, that does not mean you have 9 babysitters to limp you through every obstacle. we are all adults here and are responsible for our own actions. this does not mean you will be f'd if you break or cannot get through an obstacle, but just as a reminder to make sure you can handle yourselves and your trucks.

but enough disclaimer and parenting...

2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wait...... you mean that I'll be staying over night on white rim?!?

JK! I can't wait!!!!! Should be rolling into Moab by 1PM on monday
Old 05-01-2012, 11:51 AM   #264
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, one last try..... I'm currently signed up to run Cliffhanger on Saturday, but I am still willing to lead a group up Moab Rim instead if anyone wants to. So far no one has signed up for Moab Rim which is why I got on the Cliffhanger list. If no one wants to that's cool, Cliffhanger will be fun. I'm just throwing it out there.

Back to Cliffhanger. Are there plans yet for a meeting time and place for Saturday morning? Since i'm not camping with everyone else, I need to plan ahead so I know where to be.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:52 AM   #265
BRT
BigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
BigRedToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
this may seem as an obvious thing to do, but may not be for some, but..

PLEASE DO YOUR HOMEWORK ON THE TRAILS YOU PLAN ON RUNNING

IF YOU DON'T THINK YOU CAN MAKE IT THROUGH THESE TRAILS, PLEASE RETHINK YOUR OPTIONS SO YOU DO NOT BECOME A BURDEN TO OTHERS ON THE TRAIL

THERE IS AN OVERWHELMING AMOUNT OF INFORMATION ALREADY DISPLAYED AMONG THE THREADS AND ON THE INTERNET FOR PROPER RESEARCH

there is room for improvement in everyone's skill set and abilities that will be enhanced while on this trip, but if you are a beginner, do not try the hardest trails. those with more experience behind the wheel know how far they can push their trucks and are comfortable in trying trails that will push their limits and their truck's limits.

a lot of these trails have bypasses which will allow you to try a harder trail and back down to take a bypass, but some of these trails do not have the option. this is where doing your homework comes in handy.

not trying to scare people away from trying new trails and furthering their skill sets, but be informed and be prepared for the trails you plan on running.

this also goes for trails like white rim. it is not hard, but you will be camping over night with the group that is going, so make sure you have all the supplies needed for the overnight. (most the group sounds like they are set, but just a reminder)

just because you have 9 others on a trail with you, that does not mean you have 9 babysitters to limp you through every obstacle. we are all adults here and are responsible for our own actions. this does not mean you will be f'd if you break or cannot get through an obstacle, but just as a reminder to make sure you can handle yourselves and your trucks.

but enough disclaimer and parenting...

2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well said.

I wanted to add that right now is a great time to catch up on maintenance for your truck. Either check it out yourself or ask the person who works on your truck to go over everything.

I have been in Moab with a guy on 42"s that didn't have oil in his engine... check your shit!
Old 05-01-2012, 05:23 PM   #266

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedToy View Post
Well said.

I wanted to add that right now is a great time to catch up on maintenance for your truck. Either check it out yourself or ask the person who works on your truck to go over everything.

I have been in Moab with a guy on 42"s that didn't have oil in his engine... check your shit!
Good call.

oil change, tire rotation and balance for me this weekend.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:33 PM   #267
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twistedfreedom View Post
Good call.

oil change, tire rotation and balance for me this weekend.
good man.... i changed my oil, rotated tires and lubed driveshafts last week. day before i leave i will be topping off my oil 1/2 quart overfilled
Old 05-01-2012, 06:09 PM   #268
άber Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedToy View Post
Well said.

Dang! And yeah, I'll be changing all the oil and gaskets in my truck the week before.... Engine, tranny, t-case, diff(s)...
Old 05-07-2012, 04:45 PM   #269
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Changed the oil today. Everything else is in good shape except for a torn CV boot but it isn't bad yet. I'll just bring a spare just in case, but I'm not swapping it out before the trip.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:46 PM   #270
Neighborhood Know-it-all

Guess everyone is scared to run Moab Rim?
Old 05-07-2012, 05:54 PM   #271

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
Guess everyone is scared to run Moab Rim?
let me google that and get back to you.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:23 PM   #272
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Hahaha. One of these days I'll hit Moab rim. It would have to replace the behind the rocks trip for me to hit it this year. So many choices so little time.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:36 PM   #273
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
i have a print out of most the trails (traildamage print outs) and organized for those who don't have book. I will have them at my camp if you want to look through the trail descriptions and ratings to get an idea of the trail before heading out (if you have not done so already)