Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails > Moab

Notices

Operation Moab Trail Listing

View Poll Results: What trails do you want to/plan on running?
Kane Creek 13 48.15%
Poison Spider 10 37.04%
Golden Spike 9 33.33%
Cliff Hanger 9 33.33%
Hells Revenge 9 33.33%
Fins & Things 10 37.04%
Behind the Rocks 9 33.33%
Elephant Hill 13 48.15%
Sevenmile Rim 9 33.33%
Top of the World 10 37.04%
White Rim 8 29.63%
Bull Canyon and/or Gemini Bridges 3 11.11%
Secret Spire 5 18.52%
Onion Creek 7 25.93%
Other... 10 37.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-03-2012, 08:34 AM   #21
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsoftoys View Post
i dont know what trails im doing lol im just gonna follow the crouds hahahah
x2 lol. even though i voted i dont REALLY know what im doing. i figure ill follow around with the NW crew for a lot of runs, and for some trails ill just ask if my truck could make it and go from there lol. ill really be flying by the seat of my pants
Old 04-03-2012, 11:56 AM   #22
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
x2 lol. even though i voted i dont REALLY know what im doing. i figure ill follow around with the NW crew for a lot of runs, and for some trails ill just ask if my truck could make it and go from there lol. ill really be flying by the seat of my pants
amen brotha we're on the same page
Old 04-03-2012, 11:59 AM   #23
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
I'd be selective about which "hard trails" you run. Not trying to be a wet blanket but a 2WD truck isn't going to get you through a lot even with lift, big tires and a locker. You could probably get through Hell's Revenge and Fins & Things. The other trails really require 4WD IMO, and if you decide to do those you might be a bit of a burden on the group if they have to drag you through a lot.

You can do what you want, it's your vacation so I'm not trying to rain on your parade. Just want to give you a realistic idea of what to expect.
He'll likely be 4x4 by then...
Old 04-03-2012, 01:06 PM   #24
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
He'll likely be 4x4 by then...
Cool. Then disregard my comments.

Since I won't be camping at BFE, coordinating trails is going to be more difficult for me. At this point there is only one trail that I'm planning for sure. I am planning on running Golden Spike on Thursday the 17th. I'm even happy to lead it if there are others that want to come along.

My recommendation for those considering GS is 32" tires minimum, and at least one locker. Less than that could still complete the trail but the challenge will be much higher. Plan on 8hours on the trail, without any breakdowns.

If you'd like to join me on Thursday quote this message and add your name to the list below and we'll get this run organized.

Golden Spike - Thursday May17th
Box Rocket
Old 04-03-2012, 01:12 PM   #25
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
^thanks for taking the lead on that trial run...

you plan on doing the full "trifecta"? poison spider>golden spike>gold bar?
Old 04-03-2012, 01:14 PM   #26
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
^thanks for taking the lead on that trial run...

you plan on doing the "trifecta"? poison spider>golden spike>gold bar?
Yes the trifecta. Starting on Poison Spider and finishing with GoldBar Rim.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:18 PM   #27
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
very tempting...

been thinking about running behind the rocks thursday as an all day trail run...those would be a great alternative
Old 04-03-2012, 01:25 PM   #28
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like Jace and I will be running cliffhanger on saturday

Saturday 5/19 - Cliffhanger
NYCO
lotsoftoys
jared and his panzy truck
cshade
Hoyal

and top of the world on sunday on the way out of town

Sunday 5/20 - Top of the World
NYCO
lotsoftoys
rockgecko03
cshade
Hoyal
Old 04-03-2012, 01:29 PM   #29
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
i have updated the OP in this thread to include the tentative schedule that was in the main thread..these are not set on the days, this will be shifted between now and May...roughly laid out to spread out the trail runs and give suggestions

you will notice next to the trails that are being set for certain dates, like Box had started, will have a "SIGNUP LIST" reference that will link you to the post where the list started

if you know what day you want to run a certain trail, post up a signup list and we'll get this developed...
Old 04-03-2012, 01:31 PM   #30
rockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
rockgecko03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh I wanna...but I has no locker...

I have big tires, though
Old 04-03-2012, 01:33 PM   #31
rockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
rockgecko03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sunday - Top of the World
NYCO
lotsoftoys
Please add me to that one for sure. I've heard that's one of the best trails to say goodbye to Moab on with the sweet views.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:56 PM   #32
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
for another resource for trail listing...EJS's trail listing and you can click into the trails for more descriptions

http://www.rr4w.com/trail-list
Old 04-03-2012, 01:58 PM   #33
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

WHATS STEEL BENDER?
Old 04-03-2012, 01:59 PM   #34
pavement is boring....

i looked at that list im thinking we're looking at the 6-7 range.... there are alot of them. can we tackle moab rim or no?
Old 04-03-2012, 02:03 PM   #35
cshade is one of the sharper tools in the shedcshade is one of the sharper tools in the shedcshade is one of the sharper tools in the shedcshade is one of the sharper tools in the shedcshade is one of the sharper tools in the shedcshade is one of the sharper tools in the shedcshade is one of the sharper tools in the shedcshade is one of the sharper tools in the shedcshade is one of the sharper tools in the shedcshade is one of the sharper tools in the shedcshade is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: cameron
cshade's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

NYCO
lotsoftoys

NYCO
lotsoftoys
rockgecko03
ill be running whatever you guys are running if thats ok. so count me in for everything
Old 04-03-2012, 02:29 PM   #36
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cshade View Post
ill be running whatever you guys are running if thats ok. so count me in for everything
Old 04-03-2012, 02:48 PM   #37
Neighborhood Know-it-all

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsoftoys View Post
i looked at that list im thinking we're looking at the 6-7 range.... there are alot of them. can we tackle moab rim or no?
Pretty sure you could handle Moab Rim just fine with how your truck is set up. My one suggestion for anyone runing Moab Rim is to not get careless with your lines, especially on the way back down the trail. The climb up the rim is almost entirely off camber so if you aren't paying attention its possible to roll and when you start rolling you just keep rolling.

Not saying this to scare anyone, its just a trail you need to pay attention on. Its easily one of my favorites. Some really fun stuff on that trail.

It's the long drop to the River that makes you nervous.

Going down the Devils Crack

coming down the Z turn

more Moab Rim
Old 04-03-2012, 05:23 PM   #38
pavement is boring....

man thats alot of tires off the ground :-) udo it in the taco or cruiser
Old 04-03-2012, 05:28 PM   #39
Neighborhood Know-it-all

I have not run it in my Tacoma yet. But I've been on the trail with Tacomas. I've run it several times in my old FJ40 and in my FZJ80

These shots are all on Moab Rim. The white 80 is mine, the silver 40 is my buddies, I'd have to looking for pics of my 40.

Old 04-03-2012, 06:00 PM   #40
Cloudy-fabricator of things
Whitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Johnathan
Whitecloud's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'll be down to run this with you.

Quote:

NYCO
lotsoftoys
cshade
Hoyal

NYCO
lotsoftoys
rockgecko03
cshade
Hoyal
Whitecloud and Jeep
How much time will cliffhanger take, all day or would I be able to run this and then still have some time for another trail?