Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails > Moab

Notices

Operation Moab Trail Listing

View Poll Results: What trails do you want to/plan on running?
Kane Creek 13 48.15%
Poison Spider 10 37.04%
Golden Spike 9 33.33%
Cliff Hanger 9 33.33%
Hells Revenge 9 33.33%
Fins & Things 10 37.04%
Behind the Rocks 9 33.33%
Elephant Hill 13 48.15%
Sevenmile Rim 9 33.33%
Top of the World 10 37.04%
White Rim 8 29.63%
Bull Canyon and/or Gemini Bridges 3 11.11%
Secret Spire 5 18.52%
Onion Creek 7 25.93%
Other... 10 37.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-03-2012, 06:37 PM   #42
άber Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
I'd be selective about which "hard trails" you run. Not trying to be a wet blanket but a 2WD truck isn't going to get you through a lot even with lift, big tires and a locker. You could probably get through Hell's Revenge and Fins & Things. The other trails really require 4WD IMO, and if you decide to do those you might be a bit of a burden on the group if they have to drag you through a lot.

You can do what you want, it's your vacation so I'm not trying to rain on your parade. Just want to give you a realistic idea of what to expect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
He'll likely be 4x4 by then...
Yup, I totally agree, Box. And Steven is right--the plan is to be 4wd, geared w/ 5.29s and locked f/r by Moab. If I'm not 4x4 by then, I definately will NOT be running the hard trails as I do not want to be a burden on anybody.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
for another resource for trail listing...EJS's trail listing and you can click into the trails for more descriptions

http://www.rr4w.com/trail-list
Good link, Thanks!!
Old 04-03-2012, 06:58 PM   #43
άber Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
who said you wouldnt be a burden if you had 4wd

just kidding

I seriously cruise your build every day waiting to see that thing join the 4x4 club.
lol Hopefully soon, man! Hopefully soon........
Old 04-03-2012, 06:58 PM   #44
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
I just voted for all of them I'm pumped!
Old 04-03-2012, 07:06 PM   #45
άber Posre

Quote:
Since I won't be camping at BFE, coordinating trails is going to be more difficult for me. At this point there is only one trail that I'm planning for sure. I am planning on running Golden Spike on Thursday the 17th. I'm even happy to lead it if there are others that want to come along.

My recommendation for those considering GS is 32" tires minimum, and at least one locker. Less than that could still complete the trail but the challenge will be much higher. Plan on 8hours on the trail, without any breakdowns.

If you'd like to join me on Thursday quote this message and add your name to the list below and we'll get this run organized.

Golden Spike - Thursday May 17th
1. Box Rocket
2. m3bassman
3. Slodgetto
Sounds good to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post

this is a trail i want someone experienced leading the way.
x2!
Old 04-03-2012, 07:51 PM   #46
welcome to the incredibuild
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Twistedfreedom's Tacoma Gallery
Add me to that run please!

never mind i don't have a locker and don't want to hold up the group.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:52 PM   #47
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone run behind the rocks before?

wondering if high dive is IFS friendly and how white knuckle is with a tacoma
Old 04-03-2012, 08:42 PM   #48
rockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
rockgecko03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Since I won't be camping at BFE, coordinating trails is going to be more difficult for me. At this point there is only one trail that I'm planning for sure. I am planning on running Golden Spike on Thursday the 17th. I'm even happy to lead it if there are others that want to come along.

My recommendation for those considering GS is 32" tires minimum, and at least one locker. Less than that could still complete the trail but the challenge will be much higher. Plan on 8hours on the trail, without any breakdowns.

If you'd like to join me on Thursday quote this message and add your name to the list below and we'll get this run organized.

Golden Spike - Thursday May 17th
1. Box Rocket
2. m3bassman
3. Slodgetto
4. rockgecko03
Please add me to the list.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:45 PM   #49
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not going but Kane Creek was a blast. Sierrahsky made it through with no plate bumpers and just sliders and an IFS skid I think on 33s with a locker, without much trouble. I made it through with front ARB and IFS skid and sliders on 33s rear locker no problem. Theres an optional wash that I did dent my rear bumper on but you can drive around (later I got my HC rear).

Lot's of fun, pretty, a few hard spots, water, close to town.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:50 PM   #51
no time for d-bags
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Anyone run behind the rocks before?

wondering if high dive is IFS friendly and how white knuckle is with a tacoma
I've run Behind the Rocks in my Cruiser. High Dive will be fine with IFS. The only real flexy spot is the last drop at the bottom. You might lift a rear tire here but just have someone there to hang onto it and you'll be fine.

White Knuckle shouldn't be too bad either. It's kinda scary cuz it's a hella steep drop, but the long wheelbase of a Tacoma will help. I see a lot of people throw a strap on the back end just in case it wants to go end over end. Also, you'd probably want a decent belly skid in a IFS Tacoma since the bellies are lower and not the best breakover angle.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:53 PM   #52
άber Posre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
I need to find a way to never look at these threads
Poor, Kona... Just make a raft for you and your truck and 2 months worth of food and water and start paddling!!!!! You should make it by Moab I think......
Old 04-03-2012, 09:20 PM   #53
cshade is on a distinguished road

Name: cameron
cshade's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
also i dont know if you will know this or if anyone knows, will we be able to leave our camping gear at the site during the days while wheeling or do we have to pack it up everyday?
Old 04-04-2012, 12:49 AM   #54
Dolan Plz
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twistedfreedom View Post
Add me to that run please!

never mind i don't have a locker and don't want to hold up the group.
its ok, 8 hours is a long ride for me i thinks, we can go have out own fun!

Quote:

coming down the Z turn

huuuhh. fuk dat noise. i cant bring myself to do that to my poor truck quite yet
Old 04-04-2012, 07:14 AM   #55
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I've run Behind the Rocks in my Cruiser. High Dive will be fine with IFS. The only real flexy spot is the last drop at the bottom. You might lift a rear tire here but just have someone there to hang onto it and you'll be fine.

White Knuckle shouldn't be too bad either. It's kinda scary cuz it's a hella steep drop, but the long wheelbase of a Tacoma will help. I see a lot of people throw a strap on the back end just in case it wants to go end over end. Also, you'd probably want a decent belly skid in a IFS Tacoma since the bellies are lower and not the best breakover angle.
good to know...yea that last drop on high dive is what i'd be worried about but i think if you take it easy and take a good line you'd be ok some some good flex

should have a new bumper by moab which will give me a few more inches in the rear but still expect to drag it on the way down..should also have ato tranny and tcase skids in by then so i'll have a nice belly to slide on...reassuring to hear you say that..thanks!

JACE YOU DOWN?!

if we don't run behind the rocks, we maybe over on the trifecta with ya...both trails seem like a must do out there, but THERE ARE SO MANY MUST DO'S! haha
Old 04-04-2012, 07:16 AM   #56
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cshade View Post
also i dont know if you will know this or if anyone knows, will we be able to leave our camping gear at the site during the days while wheeling or do we have to pack it up everyday?
we'll be leaving the main gear there...i'd bring any valuables though

i'll be leaving my tent and sleeping gear...drinks and valuables will be going with me...may even keep my grill and food with me too for trail lunches...

but gotta try and keep the truck weight down as much as possible...

leaving our tents setup will help keep the area claimed as these are not reservable spots
Old 04-04-2012, 07:31 AM   #57
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
consolidated the trail run signup lists to the first page... HERE

there is quite a bit of interest in some trails already...please post up days interested for these runs and we'll get a list going...

those who are interested so far in the trails...

Kane Creek
Blackdawg, cshade, Digiratus, IDtrucks, JLee, m3bassman, maxamillion2345, rockgecko03, Twistedfreedom, Whitecloud

Poison Spider
Digiratus, JLee, m3bassman, mh.meier, Whitecloud

Golden Spike (TRIFECTA) SIGNUP LIST FOR THURSDAY
Box Rocket, cshade, JLee, m3bassman, Twistedfreedom, Whitecloud

Cliff Hanger SIGNUP LIST FOR SATURDAY
cshade, franhoser, JLee, lotsoftoys, NYCO, Whitecloud

Hells Revenge
cshade, franhoser, IDtrucks, JLee, rockgecko03, Whitecloud

Fins & Things
Blackdawg, cshade, Digiratus, franhoser, JLee, mh.meier, Twistedfreedom, Whitecloud

Behind the Rocks
JLee, mh.meier, NYCO, Whitecloud

Elephant Hill
Blackdawg, Box Rocket, Digiratus, IDtrucks, JLee, m3bassman, mh.meier, rockgecko03, Twistedfreedom, Whitecloud

Sevenmile Rim
Blackdawg, Digiratus, JLee, m3bassman, mh.meier, rockgecko03, Whitecloud

Top of the World SIGNUP LIST FOR SUNDAY
Blackdawg, hansdoward, JLee, mh.meier, NYCO, rockgecko03

White Rim
Blackdawg, DigB, JLee, m3bassman, mh.meier, Whitecloud

Bull Canyon and/or Gemini Bridges
JLee

Secret Spire
JLee, Twistedfreedom, Whitecloud

Onion Creek
JLee, NYCO, rockgecko03, Whitecloud

Other...
Box Rocket, IDtrucks, JLee, lotsoftoys, NYCO, Whitecloud
Old 04-04-2012, 09:46 AM   #58
cshade is on a distinguished road

Name: cameron
cshade's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
we'll be leaving the main gear there...i'd bring any valuables though

i'll be leaving my tent and sleeping gear...drinks and valuables will be going with me...may even keep my grill and food with me too for trail lunches...

but gotta try and keep the truck weight down as much as possible...

leaving our tents setup will help keep the area claimed as these are not reservable spots
ok cool that sounds good i just really didn't want to have to try and mess with everything every day.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:58 AM   #59
no time for d-bags
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
its ok, 8 hours is a long ride for me i thinks, we can go have out own fun!
Even if you don't have lockers you could try GS if you want. There will be a few spots that you'll probably need a strap, i.e. the golden crack. Up to you guys.

Quote:
good to know...yea that last drop on high dive is what i'd be worried about but i think if you take it easy and take a good line you'd be ok some some good flex

should have a new bumper by moab which will give me a few more inches in the rear but still expect to drag it on the way down..should also have ato tranny and tcase skids in by then so i'll have a nice belly to slide on...reassuring to hear you say that..thanks!

JACE YOU DOWN?!

if we don't run behind the rocks, we maybe over on the trifecta with ya...both trails seem like a must do out there, but THERE ARE SO MANY MUST DO'S! haha
Love to have you guys join us on GS on Thursday!

Friday I'll probably be doing something in Arches or elsewhere since that day is my anniversary. I'll be relaxing with my wife somewhere. I'm still undecided for Saturday, but if there are a few interested in Moab Rim on Saturday, I could be talked into leading that one too if there is enough interest.

Oh, and if I can get there early enough on Wednesday I think I'm going to either run Hells Revenge or Fins and Things on Wednesday afternoon if anyone wants to tag along.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:02 AM   #60
welcome to the incredibuild
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Twistedfreedom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Even if you don't have lockers you could try GS if you want. There will be a few spots that you'll probably need a strap, i.e. the golden crack. Up to you guys.

Love to have you guys join us on GS on Thursday!
I'm going to do it without a locker worst case I have to get the winch out or mess up a bedside. It's all in the name of fun and challenging myself.