Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails > Moab

Notices

Operation Moab Trail Listing

View Poll Results: What trails do you want to/plan on running?
Kane Creek 13 48.15%
Poison Spider 10 37.04%
Golden Spike 9 33.33%
Cliff Hanger 9 33.33%
Hells Revenge 9 33.33%
Fins & Things 10 37.04%
Behind the Rocks 9 33.33%
Elephant Hill 13 48.15%
Sevenmile Rim 9 33.33%
Top of the World 10 37.04%
White Rim 8 29.63%
Bull Canyon and/or Gemini Bridges 3 11.11%
Secret Spire 5 18.52%
Onion Creek 7 25.93%
Other... 10 37.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-31-2012, 09:27 AM   #1
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Operation Moab Trail Listing

REFERENCE:
TRAIL RUNS LISTED BELOW WITH "SIGNUP LIST" WILL LINK TO THE SET TRAIL RUNS WITH RUNNING LIST OF ATTENDEES.

IF YOU KNOW THE DAY YOU WANT TO RUN A TRAIL, LET ME KNOW AND WE CAN GET A LIST GOING FOR PEOPLE TO ALSO SIGN UP FOR.

THE POLL ABOVE IS A GENERAL IDEA OF WHO WANTS TO RUN WHAT. SO PICK A DAY FOR A TRAIL RUN AND LET'S SEE WHO WILL DO WHAT WHEN

here is a list of trails to select that seems like most people want to run...

i know there are many groups that already have their trail selections down and who they will be running with, but this can give everyone a chance to see who wants to run what and which trails will have the most trucks going...

so the list is built off the listing in the OP (main thread)...

This is more of a feeler to see who wants to run what, and the poll will be visible for all to see, so you can see who else wants to run similar trails...

These are just suggestions, keep in mind you are not restricted to only these trails.

BLM MAPS

Trails:

Ratings 6/7+
1.Kane Creek
2.Poison Spider
3.Golden Spike
4.Cliff Hanger
5.Hells Revenge
6.Fins & Things
7.Behind the Rocks

Ratings 4-5
8.Elephant Hill
9.Sevenmile Rim
10.Top of the World
11.White Rim

Ratings <=3
12.Bull canyon and Gemini Bridges
13.Secret Spire (3 on TD)
14.Onion Creek (3 on TD)

15.others...Delores River, Flat Iron Mesa, Steel Bender, Moab Rim, Gold Bar Rim, Hey Joe Canyon, White Wash Sand Dunes, Long Canyon, Tusher Tunnel

Trail runs...

Wednesday=early birds arrive
messing around in BFE all day
Flat Iron Mesa
Lockhart Basin>Chicken Corners>Hurah Pass

Wednesday night
Greenday or Poison Spider

Thursday=travel day & set up camp at BFE
Poison Spider>Golden Spike>Gold Bar Rim - SIGNUP LIST

Behind the Rocks
Elephant Hill & optional Devil's Lane
Flat Iron Mesa
Canyon Rim Overlooks

Thursday evening
afternoon trail runs on Green Day, Minor Threat, Strike Ravine, Dropkick and/or LockJaw
Area BFE Meet & Greet - test rigs out and organize trail leaders
La Sal Pass Sunset Run

Friday day
Ratings 6/7+
Hells Revenge
Behind the Rocks
Fins & Things

Ratings 4-5
Sevenmile Rim
Hey Joe Canyon

Ratings <=3
Bull canyon and/or Gemini Bridges
Onion Creek
Rock House
Hiking
Fisher Towers
Arches Nat Park
Canyonlands Nat Park

Friday night

Meet & Greet BBQ & Drinks
Area BFE
Greenday or Poison Spider

Saturday day
Ratings 6/7+
Cliff Hanger - SIGNUP LIST

Kane Creek
Poison Spider

Ratings 4-5
Elephant Hill
Delores River

Ratings <=3
Secret Spire
Long Canyon
Onion Creek>Thompson canyon

Saturday night

Meet & Greet BBQ & Drinks
*RAFFLE*
Area BFE

Sunday day
Ratings 6/7+
Ten Mile Wash

Ratings 4-5
Top of the World - SIGNUP LIST

Delores River
Sevenmile Rim

Ratings <=3
Tusher Tunnel
White Wash Sand Dunes
Tower Arch
Old 03-31-2012, 09:56 AM   #2
welcome to the incredibuild
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Twistedfreedom's Tacoma Gallery
voted
Old 03-31-2012, 10:05 AM   #3
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
SIGNUP LISTS...

White Rim - Monday May 14th - Tuesday May 15th
1.m3bassman
2.Digiratus

Sevenmile Rim - Wednesday May 16th
1.m3bassman
2.Whitecloud
3.Digiratus
4.IDtrucks

Hells Revenge - Wednesday May 16th

Poison Spider - Wednesday May 16th

Drop Kick - Wednesday May 16th
1.NYCO
2.lotsoftoys
3.jared's brokeback mountain chariot
4.CoTacoTRD
5.Slodgetto

Strike Ravine - Wednesday Night Run May 16th

Chicken Corners - Wednesday May 16th

Poison Spider>Golden Spike>Gold Bar (Trifecta) - Thursday May 17th
-8:30am @ Poison Spider lot off Potash Rd. CB Channel #22
1.Box Rocket
2.Whitecloud
3.m3bassman
4.Slodgetto
5.Twistedfreedom
6.JasoTaco
7.IDtrucks
8.Btnewman

Behind the Rocks - Thursday May 17th
1.NYCO
2.lotsoftoys
3.jared's my little pony express
4.CoTacoTRD
5.Jlee

Gemini Bridges/Bull Canyon - Thursday May 17th

Canyon Rim Overlooks - Thursday May 17th

Top of the World - Thursday May 17th
1.Digiratus

La Sal Pass - Thursday Sunset Run May 17th

Elephant Hill - Friday May 18th
1.m3bassman
2.Whitecloud
3.steve o 77
4.mh.meier
5.rockgecko03
6.Digiratus
7.IDtrucks

Hells Revenge - Friday May 18th
1.Slodgetto
2.jared maybe?

Long Canyon - Friday May 18th

Onion Creek - Friday May 18th

Hey Joy Canyon - Friday May 18th

Green Day - Friday Night May 18th
1.NYCO
2.lotsoftoys
3.jared's pink big wheel
4.CoTacoTRD
5.Jlee
6.Slodgetto

Sevenmile Rim - Saturday May 19th

Fins & Things - Saturday May 19th
1.Whitecloud
2.steve o 77
3.Twistedfreedom
4.mh.meier

Moab Rim - Saturday May 19th

Secret Spire - Saturday May 19th

Kane Creek - Saturday May 19th
1.m3bassman
2.rockgecko03
3.Digiratus
4.IDtrucks

Cliffhanger - Saturday May 19th
1.NYCO
2.lotsoftoys
3.jared's matchbox car
4.cshade
5.CoTacoTRD
6.Box Rocket
7.Jlee
8.Slodgetto

Top of the World - Sunday May 20th
1.NYCO
2.lotsoftoys
3.jared's hybrid
4.rockgecko03
5.cshade
6-7.Whitecloud & Jeep
8.steve o 77
9.mh.meier
10.CoTacoTRD
11.Jlee
12.Slodgetto

Tusher Tunnel - Sunday May 20th

Tower Arch - Sunday May 20th

note- groups >10 trucks suggested to split the pack up for permit purposes and to keep group sizes down
Old 03-31-2012, 10:10 AM   #4
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I can't do and big hikes any way... damn injuries
Old 04-01-2012, 11:59 PM   #6
Cloudy-fabricator of things
Whitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Johnathan
Whitecloud's Tacoma Gallery
Voted
Old 04-02-2012, 09:24 AM   #7
άber Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Most of the hard trails. I'll have to do a bit more research about em before i vote though..
Old 04-02-2012, 09:31 AM   #8
άber Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LOL!!! Hopefully........ If it's ready by then.....................
Old 04-02-2012, 10:57 AM   #9
άber Posre

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
Youve got 44 days
Tell me about it. Once I get my solid pinion spacers for my gears, things'll start moving again..... Hopefully they get here sometime this week.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:59 AM   #10

40 days for me
Old 04-02-2012, 11:16 AM   #11
άber Posre

Quote:
Lets hope. People are already flaking on the moab trip, we dont need any more dropping out. Just make sure if yoU make it, not topark next to my truck. Yours will dwarf mine lol
hahah Not promising anything! lol and I'm still planning on coming out, despite the state of my truck... i'd just stick to the easy trails or ride with other people if that's the case.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:36 PM   #13
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
what happened to the bfe trals? greenday, drop kick?
Old 04-02-2012, 02:39 PM   #14
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsoftoys View Post
what happened to the bfe trals? greenday, drop kick?
they are in our backyard..they were kind of a given i thought..

i plan on running the bfe trails a few time
Old 04-02-2012, 03:00 PM   #15
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slodgetto View Post
Most of the hard trails. I'll have to do a bit more research about em before i vote though..
I'd be selective about which "hard trails" you run. Not trying to be a wet blanket but a 2WD truck isn't going to get you through a lot even with lift, big tires and a locker. You could probably get through Hell's Revenge and Fins & Things. The other trails really require 4WD IMO, and if you decide to do those you might be a bit of a burden on the group if they have to drag you through a lot.

You can do what you want, it's your vacation so I'm not trying to rain on your parade. Just want to give you a realistic idea of what to expect.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:02 PM   #16
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
For those selecting Golden Spike, you will also run Poison Spider and Gold Bar Rim as part of the GS trail. Kinda nice 3 for 1 trail.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:28 PM   #17
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I figured the trails listed would be the ones you get up at dawn to wheel. come back in tha afternoon, fill up on food, then tool around BFE so that when it gets dark you wont have a long drive back to camp.
correct...these are the main trails that will take up most the day (some may take less, but most are at least half day).

then after the trail runs, i'm sure many of us will be found back at camp either working on their buzz for the night or squeezing in some evening trail runs...

i know jace and i had a few trails there we wanted to take on while we're out there which would mean most the evenings will be on one of the bfe trails
Old 04-03-2012, 07:46 AM   #20
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
i dont know what trails im doing lol im just gonna follow the crouds hahahah