Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails > Moab

Notices

Taco in Moab April 15-21 2012

Old 04-24-2012, 09:26 AM   #21
Monohan89 is on a distinguished road

Army: infantryman 101st airborne division
Name: Kristian
Monohan89's Tacoma Gallery
I'm from Colorado springs,co.. I've never heard of moab... Where is it? And how far do you think it is from co springs?
Old 04-24-2012, 10:57 AM   #22
Your Unique, Just Like Everyone Else
TacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
TacoBran's Tacoma Gallery
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+far+is+moab...+springs%2C+co

haha

its a 4 wheelers paradise, well not only 4wheeling but mountain biking, hiking, etc. such a cool place to check out.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=moab
Old 04-24-2012, 07:40 PM   #23
Brandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Brandon###'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monohan89 View Post
I'm from Colorado springs,co.. I've never heard of moab... Where is it? And how far do you think it is from co springs?

It's pretty much the undisputed mecca of outdoor enthusiasts. Mountain biking, cycling, hiking, rapelling, rafting, kayaking, camping, dirt biking, atv'ing (sp), etc... you name it this place has an endless amount of places to do it.

Check out youtube. Look up some of the famous trails:

Hell's Revenge
Potato salad hill
Top of the world
the lion's back
white rim trail
etc.. there are many more
Old 04-25-2012, 05:28 AM   #24
06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kenney
06rubi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It's about 8 or 9 hour drive depending on what way you go.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:55 AM   #25

Awesome, I might be making a trip there this summer... Thanks for the info
Old 04-25-2012, 08:28 PM   #26
Brandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Awesome, I might be making a trip there this summer... Thanks for the info

It gets really hot there during the summer, that's why we went in the spring.

We took a trip to the Durango, Silverton, and Ouray area in the summer a couple of years ago and the weather was absolutely perfect. I would highly recommend it for a summer trip if you're looking to venture off road.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:26 AM   #27

Durango and silverton are very nice and can be extremely fun . I have a cousin and a couple friends living there
Old 06-07-2012, 05:42 PM   #28
kehchiang is on a distinguished road

kehchiang's Tacoma Gallery
Is it a stock Taco that made the Moab Rim Trail? Any mods? I am thinking going there with my stock DC TRD off-road 4x4. Will I make it? Thank you for the tips.
Old 06-08-2012, 05:16 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehchiang View Post
Is it a stock Taco that made the Moab Rim Trail? Any mods? I am thinking going there with my stock DC TRD off-road 4x4. Will I make it? Thank you for the tips.

A stock Taco wouldn't have any trouble with the White Rim Trail. I would buy a trail guidebook and just avoid the "difficult" rated trails and you should be fine.

http://www.funtreks.com/utah-books/g...ls-2nd-edition

(buy the spiral bound version, it will hold up better)

Rent a Polaris Rzr when you get there and tackle some of the difficult trails. You'll blow through them with ease, and wont risk breaking your ride home.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:34 AM   #30
kehchiang is on a distinguished road

kehchiang's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you for your advice!