Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails > Moab

Notices

"Unofficial" 2012 moab meet photo thread

Old 05-19-2012, 09:09 PM   #22
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99taco27505 View Post
Does anyone have pics of "The Little Taco That Could" doing Wipeout Hill?
I do but photobucket is going full retard and taking forever to upload.
Old 05-19-2012, 09:18 PM   #23
Little Taco that could
99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B <-Grunt.
Name: Chad
99yodataco's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Jim, thats more than I took. Wish I had a video of it. Open diffs can make it.
Old 05-19-2012, 09:28 PM   #24
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Super man!

Old 05-19-2012, 09:56 PM   #25
braaap

the rest are here http://s577.photobucket.com/albums/s...012/?start=all
Old 05-19-2012, 10:34 PM   #26
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like an awesome time. We need more pics.
Old 05-19-2012, 11:10 PM   #27
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
http://youtu.be/WGAN8OOCv3w
Old 05-20-2012, 08:33 AM   #28
no time for d-bags
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for posting pics from the Thursday Golden Spike run. I didn't get a single photo from that day. I have lots from Cliffhanger yesterday that I'll try to get posted up soon.

I'm home now and had a great time. Nice to get to know a lot of you a little bit better.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:44 AM   #29
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
I dont get why people always try to use their body weight to help a truck get traction (especially in front of the truck when those tires could grab at any time) sorry if that's someone on here. derp
nice video
Old 05-20-2012, 08:47 AM   #30
alexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud of
Name: Eric
alexander323bc's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone running a manual on this terrain? I have not stalled it out on steep roads but man I think I would die on this stuff
Old 05-20-2012, 10:17 AM   #31
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jace in the white Taco above is in a manual, that was pretty good clutch work, having been in that exact same spot/situation myself It's a bitch and he handled it like a champ.
Old 05-20-2012, 10:23 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rucas View Post
I dont get why people always try to use their body weight to help a truck get traction (especially in front of the truck when those tires could grab at any time) sorry if that's someone on here. derp
nice video
Thats Jace's Tacoma, lotsoftoys.

It's very steep and he ran no risk of getting run over IMO.

Glad you enjoyed, thanks
Old 05-20-2012, 10:50 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasoTaco View Post
I wish I could have made this trip.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:13 AM   #35
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander323bc View Post
Anyone running a manual on this terrain? I have not stalled it out on steep roads but man I think I would die on this stuff
Remember, you are in 4lo and that helps a lot.

But you need to be confident and capable in your clutch/brake/gas pedalwork. And using the parking brake to hold while starting.

Like driving the terrain itself, all doable but not the bunny slope.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:15 PM   #36
Benjamin Newman
Btnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Benjamin
Btnewman's Tacoma Gallery
Canadians eh
Attached Thumbnails
"Unofficial" 2012 moab meet photo thread-uploadfromtaptalk1337541279480.jpg  
Old 05-20-2012, 12:18 PM   #37
Benjamin Newman
Btnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Benjamin
Btnewman's Tacoma Gallery
Beginning of kane creek
Attached Thumbnails
"Unofficial" 2012 moab meet photo thread-uploadfromtaptalk1337541463076.jpg  
Old 05-20-2012, 12:57 PM   #38
alexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud of
Name: Eric
alexander323bc's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for all the info on the manual tranny!
Old 05-20-2012, 01:16 PM   #39
no time for d-bags
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ok here's a batch of photos mostly from Saturday on Cliffhanger. But first I'll show a few from Friday. It was my anniversary on Friday so my wife and I chose not to run a trail and do our own thing so we hit Arches National Park. It was an awesome day. We did a couple hikes in the park but they were a little crowded. There is a really fun little trail that is 4WD only so you don't get the tourist crowd. First you drive the Salt Valley Road (just a dirt road) for about 10 miles and then you get on the Tower Arch road (4wd only road) that goes toward Klondike Bluffs. It has a few little challenges and lots of nice sandy sections too. It was a blast and Tower Arch was really cool and we were totally by ourselves out there. Made for a perfect day.

Road out to Tower Arch

Inside Tower Arch

We also hiked out to Delicate Arch just as the sun was setting. That was pretty awesome too.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:29 PM   #40
no time for d-bags

Here's pics from Saturday on Cliffhanger.

We had:
Box Rocket
NYCO
lotsoftoys
Slodgetto
nOrth
and Eric (sorry I forgot your username)

Not far into the trail we had a visiter

Pirate Mode

When my wife got out some grapes he flew straight to her and she wasn't as excited about it.

on to the wheeling pics

starting down the big ledge on the cliff