Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails > Moab

Notices

The Open Diff Crew + The Crawler go to the Dunes and Behind the Rocks

Old 05-21-2012, 10:25 PM   #1
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
The Open Diff Crew + The Crawler go to the Dunes and Behind the Rocks

Adam (and frank), Mike (and that one hot chick) and myself led by Jared and Evan in the crawler set out to go find the dunes and prichett. After bull shitting in the parking lot for a while we set out across the road from BFE to go find the dunes. We find some small sand dunes and start playing around there. Adam gets ballsy and starts jumping his truck, some great sounds were made from the taco. After exploring for a little while we stop at the end of the trail and the crawler climbs up a wall 4 ft high and we shoot guns and talk about guns for over an hour.

After that we head back to find some trail to run and accidentally find Behind the Rocks. It was a great trail with some challenging obstacles thrown in there. The open diff crew really got a good first hand look at how capable an open diff really is. After all of us got up a rather challenging obstacle I asked Jared how he felt about leading all of the open diff trucks at the meet and he just stared at me blankly and asked if all of us were really open diffs...he was rather surprised lol. It was the most fun day of the week for sure because there was so much bull shitting and joking going around, it was hilarious. Truly a great day with a great group of guys. GET THE PICS IN HERE

Achieved one of my goals of the trip: Get stuck and have to be winched out.
I buried my self in this sand berm and ended up with my bumper 3" from the wall behind me and my front just hopping about when i tried to get out. Adam got to use his winch for the first time also. Thanks for the pull!

The lawn gnome walks the honey badger up this crazy obstacle

Probably the single most challenging obstacle we did this trip. After evan went first. Adam tried it next and he got up it with some good spotting, so of course me and mike had to get up it too.

Mike's Turn, made it look easy

After they did it I had to go, I was a little worried about my front bumper since adam had a plate bumper and mike had no bumper but i never touched it and just slammed my slider a bit

Onto the next set of obstacles that I dont have many pics for. Did get a vid of adam getting hung on the cross member though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=lAZOV7e29gk

Little shot at the turn around point. We ate some of Evan's sausage and me and adam threw trash at each other. Adam hucked a non opened can of shitty soda in my bed at my feet and it exploded all over my legs. Thank god it was diet and was not too sticky.

I think this is all I got of the trail, everyone else throw what you have in here!!
Old 05-21-2012, 10:27 PM   #2
Out for a rip eh!
lunchboxhero is one of the sharper tools in the shedlunchboxhero is one of the sharper tools in the shedlunchboxhero is one of the sharper tools in the shedlunchboxhero is one of the sharper tools in the shedlunchboxhero is one of the sharper tools in the shedlunchboxhero is one of the sharper tools in the shedlunchboxhero is one of the sharper tools in the shedlunchboxhero is one of the sharper tools in the shedlunchboxhero is one of the sharper tools in the shedlunchboxhero is one of the sharper tools in the shedlunchboxhero is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aleks
lunchboxhero's Tacoma Gallery
God, kinda mad I missed that day, but kinda not because I got to go derp around on elephant hill.

Looks like you guys had a fucking blast.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:32 PM   #4
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice! Looked fun!
Old 05-21-2012, 10:39 PM   #6
Out for a rip eh!
lunchboxhero is one of the sharper tools in the shedlunchboxhero is one of the sharper tools in the shedlunchboxhero is one of the sharper tools in the shedlunchboxhero is one of the sharper tools in the shedlunchboxhero is one of the sharper tools in the shedlunchboxhero is one of the sharper tools in the shedlunchboxhero is one of the sharper tools in the shedlunchboxhero is one of the sharper tools in the shedlunchboxhero is one of the sharper tools in the shedlunchboxhero is one of the sharper tools in the shedlunchboxhero is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aleks
lunchboxhero's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
After the trail the hilarity ensued when jared had to climb a gnarly obstacle in BFE, that was fun to watch! But i think the yoda on 40s should get its own thread.
I think that each owner should have a thread, and then a trail thread for each should be made. Organization FTW.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:43 PM   #7
welcome to the incredibuild
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Twistedfreedom's Tacoma Gallery
I have a million pictures from that day!!

Old 05-21-2012, 10:47 PM   #9
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old 05-21-2012, 10:49 PM   #10

Old 05-21-2012, 10:49 PM   #11

Old 05-21-2012, 10:51 PM   #12

Old 05-22-2012, 07:29 AM   #15
The Big Dick
YotaCool is a name known to allYotaCool is a name known to allYotaCool is a name known to allYotaCool is a name known to allYotaCool is a name known to allYotaCool is a name known to all

Name: Jared
YotaCool's Tacoma Gallery
Hey!! Who drew the dick on my bed!! lol.

Adam you fix your taillight yet? I'll bet its still out....

Great pics! Some good ones of you guys flexing out and stuffing those tires! SICK! That day was sooo fun! With the plan of wheelin and then spending most of the day bullshitting goes to show how well we all got along funny shit.

That IS a creepy face I had... yikes
Old 05-22-2012, 08:24 AM   #16
toy.tech21 is a name known to alltoy.tech21 is a name known to alltoy.tech21 is a name known to alltoy.tech21 is a name known to alltoy.tech21 is a name known to alltoy.tech21 is a name known to all

Name: Evan
toy.tech21's Tacoma Gallery
Best day by far! It was cool to get in a group of the same minded people and have just a bullshit kind of day. And you all forgot I was the one who drove up the first big obstacle that everyone else did after. Just because im a lawn gnome doesnt mean I dont get any credit hahahaha
Old 05-22-2012, 09:22 AM   #17
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toy.tech21 View Post
Best day by far! It was cool to get in a group of the same minded people and have just a bullshit kind of day. And you all forgot I was the one who drove up the first big obstacle that everyone else did after. Just because im a lawn gnome doesnt mean I dont get any credit hahahaha
There ya go, I changed it, u got credit haha
Old 05-22-2012, 09:29 AM   #18
toy.tech21 is a name known to alltoy.tech21 is a name known to alltoy.tech21 is a name known to alltoy.tech21 is a name known to alltoy.tech21 is a name known to alltoy.tech21 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
There ya go, I changed it, u got credit haha

THANKS DERP!
Old 05-22-2012, 10:08 AM   #19

This was my favorite day by far! I wish we had video of the watermelons exploding!
Old 05-22-2012, 10:39 AM   #20

I wish we could have finished behind the rocks. And the sad part is there was nobody back at camp to watch us all ghost ride the whips. Did anybody get pictures of that?