Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails > Moab

Notices

Top of the World - Thursday, May 17th, 2012

Old 05-31-2012, 05:47 AM   #21
rockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
rockgecko03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Btnewman View Post
The convoluted part is the fun part. It's like watching a bunch of a.d.h.d. kids with tourettes syndrome trying to play the quiet game.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:28 AM   #22
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
awesome pics!!!!!!!!!!!

not happy that i missed this trail on the trip...sunday plans to run it fell through

high on my list to do now..probably #1 on that list of utah trails...

thanks for sharing!
Old 05-31-2012, 10:24 AM   #24
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Based on the pics, that looks totally doable fully stock.

Were there any places that should deter a stock TRD from attempting this?

Love the trail/vistas
Old 05-31-2012, 10:29 AM   #25
Modified Glamper Extraordinaire
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post

Love the trail/vistas
There were a couple of spots that might be a bit of a challenge to an un-lifted truck. IIRC, the most difficult obstacles had go-arounds. Might want sliders to protect the lower body panels tho.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:38 AM   #26
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiratus View Post
There were a couple of spots that might be a bit of a challenge to an un-lifted truck. IIRC, the most difficult obstacles had go-arounds. Might want sliders to protect the lower body panels tho.
Yeah, sliders are a must for my truck.

I'm sure you've seen my passenger side rocker panel.

But I feel pretty confident with my abilities, and more importantly Ol' Red's.

The Middle St Vrain & Coney Flats trails are a constant favorite of mine. I believe they are rating a 7 out of 10 on traildamage and have a 3 out of 5 for rock crawling. And it's a narrow trail. No go arounds.

The last time I went up, two rock crawling Jeeps (on at least 37" tires) looked at me and Ol' Red and said, "yeah, good luck, you ain't gonna make it." I think I heard Ol' Red fart in their general direction as we passed them.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:40 AM   #27
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

The Middle St Vrain & Coney Flats trails are a constant favorite of mine. I believe they are rating a 7 out of 10 on traildamage and have a 3 out of 5 for rock crawling. And it's a narrow trail. No go arounds.

The last time I went up, two rock crawling Jeeps (on at least 37" tires) looked at me and Ol' Red and said, "yeah, good luck, you ain't gonna make it." I think I heard Ol' Red fart in their general direction as we passed them.

is that the pond crossing on MSV/coney flats in your sig?
Old 05-31-2012, 10:52 AM   #28
rockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
awesome pics!!!!!!!!!!!

not happy that i missed this trail on the trip...sunday plans to run it fell through

high on my list to do now..probably #1 on that list of utah trails...

thanks for sharing!
It was awesome on Sunday, too. Not a single soul at the very top. My friend and I passed a couple side by sides camping near the top, but the people must have been somewhere else as they were nowhere in sight. We didn't see anyone on the trail either. We thought we would though.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:57 AM   #29
Seρor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Its an epic trail Bob..not really in terms of wheeling but over all a great trail to do! well worth it.

I can't wait to conquer the Kokopelli
I need a link to your sig pic, where did that happen?
Old 05-31-2012, 11:07 AM   #30
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Love the trail/vistas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiratus View Post
Quote:

lol

as Mike said there is one hill climb and decent that you would tear up something for sure without a lift. Mike wouldn't have a rear quarter panel had it not been for his rear bumper coming down that hill. It has a bypass tho.

there is one other spot that is a bigger ledge i could see how not having a lift or at least a front bumper for a better approach angle could merit some damage..but i think if you pick a good line you would be fine.

Don't try the Kokopelli tho! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post
I need a link to your sig pic, where did that happen?
sheesh man were have you been old new haha

jk

go to my build, the last like 5 pages will let you know

in short..i rolled the beautiful truck
Old 06-01-2012, 11:30 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
is that the pond crossing on MSV/coney flats in your sig?
Yuppers.

Coney Creek Crossing
Old 06-27-2012, 07:13 AM   #32

Kinda late, but better late than never! I ran this with a buddy of mine on Sunday, May 20th on the way out of moab and on the way home. Took a while to get the pics from him, but it was worth the wait. Such a great time!

Old 06-27-2012, 10:21 AM   #35

Thanks!

Wish I could have run it with you guys, but I didn't make it out in time. We didn't see a single soul that day, though. We saw side-by-sides on the way up, but no people anywhere around them.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:13 AM   #37
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockgecko03 View Post
Thanks!

Wish I could have run it with you guys, but I didn't make it out in time. We didn't see a single soul that day, though. We saw side-by-sides on the way up, but no people anywhere around them.
Wow lucky! Was pretty busy when we went up. Group of bikers on the trail we passed. Then up top utvs got there and then passed a bunch of iszuzs on the way down. Saw no one on the Kokopelli tho
Old 06-28-2012, 06:58 AM   #38

Yeah, it was on the way out of town, so I just had to run it...we got lucky with no crowds. I was going to just go run it myself, but a friend was in Moab at the same time vacationing with his inlaws and he needed a break.