Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails > Moab

Notices

Get the !$@# out of dodge

Old 05-31-2012, 09:35 PM   #1
hutch606 will become famous soon enoughhutch606 will become famous soon enough
hutch606's Tacoma Gallery
Get the !$@# out of dodge

My wife notified me that it's time for my annual camping trip, featuring...me. I usually head west of Denver into the mountains for a week and bike / kayak and try to run a trail or two. And as I'm trying to avoid people, I'm normally completely alone, no spotter, recovery support (or winch). And I've had a hankerin' to head toward Utah. So...I'm planning to head that way next weekend.

I'm looking for suggestions on trails that I can head toward via truck, get away from most folks, and do some (hopefully) fairly technical riding and primitive (pronounced "no ammenities"). This time, the kayak may stay at home.

On the camping side, my preference is to be away from people and just camp along the trial. As for my transportation, I've just swapped from 4wd AC to a 4wd DC LB that's bone stock with 32" SilentArmors. I'm not lookin' to tear anything up, but rather to get away from the normal shenanigans.

Suggestions on trails for truck or bike? And I've heard something about camping permits, is that true across most trails? Thanks all.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:43 PM   #2
n0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: USDI BLM
Name: J.W.
n0rth's Tacoma Gallery
I would check with the local bike shops and there is a visitor center in downtown that I found a bunch of books and brochures. Beyond that I'm not real sure where to point you good luck and let us know how your trip goes.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:40 PM   #3
hutch606 will become famous soon enoughhutch606 will become famous soon enough
hutch606's Tacoma Gallery
Good times

http://youtu.be/B5Z91G-mKE4

Had a great time on White rim road and other trails. No exciting photos of my (stock) truck, but I did manage to get an interesting video of a 'real' trail...the whole enchilada (less burro pass). Good times...hands down, the best I've ever done.