Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails > Moab

Notices

Headed back to Moab this week

Old 07-08-2012, 10:17 PM   #1
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Headed back to Moab this week

Feels like I just got back from the TW Takeover in Moab. But I'm headed back again on Wendesday and will be there through Saturday. This time with a bunch of boy scouts. We're doing a bunch of hiking and biking and even some white water rafting. But you can't have a trip to Moab without some wheeling so we've got 4 other guys coming down on Friday to run a couple trails with us. Not quite sure which ones we'll end up on but the options include Pritchett Canyon, Moab Rim, Hell's Revenge, Poison Spider.

Should be a great time in Moab except for the heat. Supposed to be 100* all week.

I'll be sure to take pics.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:32 PM   #4
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
nice, looking forward to some pictures.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:42 AM   #5
2scars will become famous soon enough
Navy: AMH2
Name: Brandon
2scars's Tacoma Gallery
Two weeks and coulnting...

will be there all the way from VA. Can't wait. It will probably feel cooler there to us, haha.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:43 AM   #6
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2scars View Post
will be there all the way from VA. Can't wait. It will probably feel cooler there to us, haha.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:15 AM   #7
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-09-2012, 10:42 AM   #8
Benjamin Newman
Btnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Benjamin
Btnewman's Tacoma Gallery
Lucky, I'm off work this weekend... Moab is only 1.5 hrs away...
Old 07-11-2012, 02:47 PM   #9
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-16-2012, 09:19 AM   #10
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I suck. hardly took any pics but some of the other guys in the group took some. I'll try to share a few. I had my nice camera and for a lot of the trip I didn't even have it with me because we were on bikes or rafting (getting totally soaked).

We ran Poison Spider on Saturday with 9 14-15 year olds. It was a total blast. really fun group and we let all the kids drive. It was a riot! Most of them had never been behind the wheel before EVER. so it was fun to watch them try some of the obstacles.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:58 AM   #12
TODEOTA is on a distinguished road

Air Force: 819th REDHORSE Squadron
Name: Jake
TODEOTA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
I suck. hardly took any pics but some of the other guys in the group took some. I'll try to share a few. I had my nice camera and for a lot of the trip I didn't even have it with me because we were on bikes or rafting (getting totally soaked).

We ran Poison Spider on Saturday with 9 14-15 year olds. It was a total blast. really fun group and we let all the kids drive. It was a riot! Most of them had never been behind the wheel before EVER. so it was fun to watch them try some of the obstacles.
Haha! That's great! That would have been a blast to watch / film. How was Pritchett canyon? It was okay for me in the stock Titan that I was driving because of the many options to take. One good ride is Kane Creek Canyon. Nice wheeling drive with good sights.

Where'd you stay? When I was there back in sept '08, we stayed at the Canyonlands KOA. Pasta J's was goooood eats!
Old 07-16-2012, 10:38 AM   #13
Neighborhood Know-it-all

Quote:
Originally Posted by TODEOTA View Post
Haha! That's great! That would have been a blast to watch / film. How was Pritchett canyon? It was okay for me in the stock Titan that I was driving because of the many options to take. One good ride is Kane Creek Canyon. Nice wheeling drive with good sights.

Where'd you stay? When I was there back in sept '08, we stayed at the Canyonlands KOA. Pasta J's was goooood eats!
Didn't make it on Pritchett. Just didn't have the time for it. We stayed at the Canyonlands campground too. I've stayed there a bunch and it's a good campground if you want one with showers and other facilities that is close to town.

I seriously dropped the ball on taking pics, but I'll try to get some from others.

But the look on this kids face should give you an idea how much they were enjoying it. Hands down one of the funnest times I've had in Moab because of the boys. Lots of new experiences for them and just seeing them have so much fun was awesome!
Old 07-16-2012, 10:50 AM   #14
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ That's awsome!! Looks like a good time was had by all.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:43 AM   #15
Benjamin Newman
Btnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Benjamin
Btnewman's Tacoma Gallery
Back in the boy scouts was the first time I ever went to moab, did it on bikes and hikes. It was awesome! Awesome enough for me to want to do it again in something with an engine! That's awesome that you got to take them down there!