Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails > Moab

Notices

OFFICIAL MOAB 2012 REVIEW/THOUGHTS THREAD

Old 08-20-2012, 08:59 PM   #1
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
OFFICIAL MOAB 2012 REVIEW/THOUGHTS THREAD

Hey everyone, i started this thread to gain prospective from everyone that attended the Moab 2012 TACo Takeover. Plz post any likes/ dislikes about organization, camping, sponsors, wheeling, night activities, anything that comes to mind. Bob and myself would really like to make this coming 2013 year way bigger and even better!

We also have discussed creating a company for this event this coming year, gathering a committee together to handle various parts of the event and the likely hood of permits for such large group. Try not b.s. in here much lol (i no its TW), tryin to use this as a survey for the future.

Anyone, new or returning and planning on coming this year, plz voice your excitement! Your not gonna wanna miss this one!
Old 08-20-2012, 09:11 PM   #2
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
2013 event will be roughly the same time period. we have a few sponsors lined up already but always looking for more help. sponsors can help foot costs for amenities, permits, BBQ, shirt and giveaway items. committee members will help spread some of the event organization and operations. if you do not wish to post your opinions publicly, please feel free to pm jace or myself. any and all criticism is appreciated, good or bad.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:32 PM   #3
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
I'll gather my thoughts and post up tomorrow.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:50 AM   #8
RAGEAHOLIC
mh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 12th MAR HQ BTRY TAP
Name: MAD MIKE
mh.meier's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4C0CH40S View Post
Oh I most certainly will not miss the next one!
You better don't. I would like to have at least one other guy show up from AZ this time
I AM STOKED!!!!
Old 08-21-2012, 08:06 AM   #9
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
glad to hear some stoke about the upcoming event!

i hope to see many old faces and many new faces who could not make this year's event..

any comments, criticism and/or suggestions are welcome either here or shoot jace or me a PM if you wish.

Area BFE once again offered to host the event, so any suggestions on how to lay out the event site better is also welcomed.

changes to next year will be...

dumpsters on site! with an expected increase in turnout, garbage cans and a dump run will not cut it this year..

toilets will be relocated closer to each other..

BBQ?

suggestion for vendors bringing product to the event..if you want to show up early to get a central location, feel free too..if you have banners that you wish to promote your business, please speak with jace or myself first..
Old 08-21-2012, 08:11 AM   #10
It's about to get real!!!
rctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: konstantenos
rctoy's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't make the last run. I went durring ISU's spring break. This year i want to go so hopfully everything works out and schools out so i can make it. maybe get show'n up a little.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:19 AM   #11
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
^nice lookin truck

hopefully JW can make it down again and you'd have another idaho taco to roll with
Old 08-21-2012, 09:05 AM   #12
Cloudy-fabricator of things
Whitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Johnathan
Whitecloud's Tacoma Gallery
I'll think about it and post later. But the wife and I will be there for sure this next time around too.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:17 AM   #14
άber Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
shub'd
Old 08-21-2012, 09:17 AM   #15
the habs fan
bulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
I love the idea of a pull behind BBQ rental!!!!

They can be rented fairly cheap and would make for an awesome group BBQ supper night!!

I for one will be there this up coming year, hopefully bringing more than 1 canadian down with me though

Only dislike I honestly had was the washroom hahaha it scared me when I went into the porto potty the last morning..... I did notice however when we spent our first day at the camp that lots and lots of people not with the group were using the washroom facilities, not that is a bad thing, but it does become more difficult to monitor those type of situations

Heres to hoping for a comittee to be formed for online meeting about discussions and events :P
Old 08-21-2012, 09:25 AM   #16
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
I loved every minute of this years event. The BBQ option would be great I better get to work on the B.A.M.F BBQ

You know I'm there as well as the B.A.M.F sponsor I'm staying longer next time
Old 08-21-2012, 09:28 AM   #17
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
I loved every minute of this years event. The BBQ option would be great I better get to work on the B.A.M.F BBQ

You know I'm there as well as the B.A.M.F sponsor I'm staying longer next time

Old 08-21-2012, 09:30 AM   #18
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulhas View Post
I love the idea of a pull behind BBQ rental!!!!

They can be rented fairly cheap and would make for an awesome group BBQ supper night!!

I for one will be there this up coming year, hopefully bringing more than 1 canadian down with me though

Only dislike I honestly had was the washroom hahaha it scared me when I went into the porto potty the last morning..... I did notice however when we spent our first day at the camp that lots and lots of people not with the group were using the washroom facilities, not that is a bad thing, but it does become more difficult to monitor those type of situations

Heres to hoping for a comittee to be formed for online meeting about discussions and events :P

yea the public use of the facilities was a concern of mine as well...

maybe we can get some simple locks put on them with a simple combo to unlock for the group use only?
Old 08-21-2012, 09:43 AM   #19
the habs fan
bulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
yea the public use of the facilities was a concern of mine as well...

maybe we can get some simple locks put on them with a simple combo to unlock for the group use only?
again unless we share the code which can be its on own issue.....

I know we do not want them simply closer either as that will cause some unpleasant campers......

if we have say a more set-up 2 or 3 runs and the leaders of the group have the code or key, so if one group shows up earlier than they can open it for use

and for say the hungover individual that decide to stay the day we leave them a key as well, i think the main thing is, locked through out the day while no one is there
Old 08-21-2012, 09:45 AM   #20
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
that would work too...last one to leave lock it up...leave the code with trail leaders to open up on their return