Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails > Moab

Notices

2013 T.A.Co. Gathering - Official Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 04:05 PM   #3581
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, that is a good solution for space, but a little concerned about the volume and other problems I have read about in reviews. But without personal experience, hard to say.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:06 PM   #3582
NoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
NoSoup4You's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockgecko03 View Post
I know some who really don't like the look of the actual cb in their truck so they go with the Cobra 75. All the controls for the cb are on the mic and the "brain" (?) of the radio is hidden from view.

I have a Cobra 75, nice little CB and easy to hide.

The majority of the "brain" is still in the radio.
There is a small box that hides away that has leads for power, antenna, and then one to the radio, but I'm pretty sure it's just the power supply.

There is a nice quick-release on the radio side so you can hide it away completely.

Volume could be an issue if you dont have it facing you, but mounted anywhere on the dash it's plenty loud
Old 04-18-2013, 04:09 PM   #3583
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

An external speaker could solve the volume as well. So many options . . .
Old 04-18-2013, 04:09 PM   #3584
rockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
rockgecko03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishbone Runner View Post
Yeah, that is a good solution for space, but a little concerned about the volume and other problems I have read about in reviews. But without personal experience, hard to say.
Since I put mine in the center console, I run my volume through the aux. input for the radio. Problem is if the volume controls between the two isn't right, I get major feedback when I try to talk into the mic.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:17 PM   #3585
NoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
An external speaker could solve the volume as well. So many options . . .
oh yeah, the little hide-away box has an output for external speaker as well. not amplified but plenty enough for a small in-cab speaker
Old 04-18-2013, 04:22 PM   #3586
Dr. Frankenstien, in surgery
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
CB question: I will be picking one up before the trip, and am pondering size/mounting of the radio. I have a great place to mount in on my storage box, on the bottom of the box next to where the water jug is in the pic below, but I obviously could not see it while driving and would have to lean back to make any adjustments.

So, is a CB something that is often adjusted on a trail, or is it set it and forget it?

Do this. Best CB setup IMO for a 2nd gen taco..should be similar for your 4runner. My dad did this.

body goes under passenger seat. Plenty loud and clear.

Everything gets hidden. Can't even tell and works great.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:25 PM   #3587

awesome ^^

Ive seen a couple people do that faceplate extension, pretty cool if you have the skills
Old 04-18-2013, 04:29 PM   #3589
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
^^that's clever
Old 04-18-2013, 04:45 PM   #3590
Because 4R

That is slick. I think I will go with my original spot for now an maybe next winter when I am bored do something like that.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:11 AM   #3592
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rctoy View Post
looking like im gonna be trailering down to moab..
Nice! That way you can break shit and give no fucks cuz you can still get home!
Old 04-19-2013, 09:17 AM   #3593
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
good thing or bad thing?
Old 04-19-2013, 09:18 AM   #3594
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
good thing or bad thing?
Konsta is a damn good mechanic with a shit ton of cool tools. So good
Old 04-19-2013, 09:22 AM   #3595
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
fuck yea
Old 04-19-2013, 09:25 AM   #3596

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
fuck yea
Pretty much So everybody needs to take lots of video so I can watch it all and pretend like I was there!
Old 04-19-2013, 09:40 AM   #3597
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
looking like im gonna be trailering down to moab..
I've been contemplating this same thing, but it's a double edged sword.
Any time my truck see's a trailer....it goes home broken.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:43 AM   #3598
RAGEAHOLIC
mh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 12th MAR HQ BTRY TAP
Name: MAD MIKE
mh.meier's Tacoma Gallery
dolly it?
Old 04-19-2013, 09:52 AM   #3599
It's about to get real!!!
rctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: konstantenos
rctoy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
Konsta is a damn good mechanic with a shit ton of cool tools. So good
also means i can pack more spare gear like the list i threw down early that included spare Tcase, drive lines, rear axle shaft-single, and 5 front spare shafts.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:12 AM   #3600
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
also means i can pack more spare gear like the list i threw down early that included spare Tcase, drive lines, rear axle shaft-single, and 5 front spare shafts.
Sweet there will be a "tacoma parts depot" at the Moab event!