Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails > Moab

Notices

2013 T.A.Co. Gathering - Official Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 10:15 AM   #3601
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadedTaco View Post
Sweet there will be a "tacoma parts depot" at the Moab event!
None of its gonna fit your truck lol
Old 04-19-2013, 10:27 AM   #3602
Your NativeTaco is in the building
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
NativeTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
But there are plenty of 2nd gen people with spare parts. I hope to have a few, but I have heard that there are people with 2nd gen parts available.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:28 AM   #3603
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
i need to start planning how im going to mount a spare driveshaft safely under my truck so i can have that with me
Old 04-19-2013, 10:34 AM   #3604
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
i need to start planning how im going to mount a spare driveshaft safely under my truck so i can have that with me
Yea I still need to try to get my driveshaft re tubed. How much did you pay for your new one?
Old 04-19-2013, 10:36 AM   #3606
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvtheMountains View Post
But there are plenty of 2nd gen people with spare parts. I hope to have a few, but I have heard that there are people with 2nd gen parts available.
Well that's good as long as everyone that brings them doesn't need them.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:36 AM   #3607
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I've been trying to figure something like this out too... It's too long to fit in the bed with gear... I have a spare driveshaft (the one I destroyed last fall) The guy basically just rebalanced it cuz it was so fucked up, so it is now a dedicated offroad driveshaft, but I have yet to use it cuz I don't really want to haul it around with me...
Old 04-19-2013, 10:38 AM   #3608
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I was looking to see if I could put my hi lift under there somewhere but figured I might have a situation where I need it and can't get to it because it was under there, but the drive shaft idea isn't bad. IIRC there are some potential spots under there. Just gotta make sure it is SECURE.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:39 AM   #3609
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
I've been trying to figure something like this out too... It's too long to fit in the bed with gear... I have a spare driveshaft (the one I destroyed last fall) The guy basically just rebalanced it cuz it was so fucked up, so it is now a dedicated offroad driveshaft, but I have yet to use it cuz I don't really want to haul it around with me...
Is there a straight enough length of frame under the cab you can tap some bolts through and secure it with some of that metal band you tighten with a screw diver?
Old 04-19-2013, 10:39 AM   #3610
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yea I still need to try to get my driveshaft re tubed. How much did you pay for your new one?
just under $500 i believe for the one-piece

i was hoping to take the spares off NwiTACO..at least the front half so i can get a fresh carrier in there...

but a complete shaft with a failing carrier and dented rear shaft will get me home at least if i need be

eventually i want to get that freshened up and probably put the two piece back in and keep the one-piece as a spare
Old 04-19-2013, 10:42 AM   #3611
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
Is there a straight enough length of frame under the cab you can tap some bolts through and secure it with some of that metal band you tighten with a screw diver?

yea i'm hoping to find a free enough location by the frame to strap it to it with a combination of straps and hose clamps..haven't really analyzed the area under there though
Old 04-19-2013, 10:43 AM   #3612
the habs fan
bulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
you stop im tyring to get the NWI driveshaft!!! lol
Old 04-19-2013, 10:43 AM   #3613
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
somewhere under there

Attached Thumbnails
2013 T.A.Co. Gathering - Official Thread-jambo2012-95-1.jpg  
Old 04-19-2013, 10:44 AM   #3614
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulhas View Post
you stop im tyring to get the NWI driveshaft!!! lol

hahaha...go for it... don't think it works on my truck AC manual vs DC auto
Old 04-19-2013, 10:44 AM   #3615

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
just under $500 i believe for the one-piece

i was hoping to take the spares off NwiTACO..at least the front half so i can get a fresh carrier in there...

but a complete shaft with a failing carrier and dented rear shaft will get me home at least if i need be

eventually i want to get that freshened up and probably put the two piece back in and keep the one-piece as a spare
Have you noticed anything negative about the one piece? Does the extra weight affect driving at all? Like acceleration or mpg's?
Old 04-19-2013, 10:48 AM   #3616
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Have you noticed anything negative about the one piece? Does the extra weight affect driving at all? Like acceleration or mpg's?

i really didn't noticed a difference except i didn't have the vibration that i was seeing because my failing carrier bearing and dented shaft..

people say a lot of the one-piece have vibration issues >80mph..i noticed it too around 80 but that was really around 90 due to my gearing..with the larger tires now, i expect it'll be >80 actual mph before i see any vibration and i am RARELY at those speeds

i was concerned really with the clearance, but i really didn't lose any clearance under my truck as the gas tank is lower than the shaft for most of the length until a foot or so before the flange. i have some measurements somewhere in my build comparing the two

as far as acceleration or mpgs...i'm so damn heavy i don't really know what that is anymore haha...i mean i'm happy with my 15-18mpg and knowing that i'm not built for speed, so i take it easy as much as i can.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:48 AM   #3617
the habs fan
bulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
hahaha...go for it... don't think it works on my truck AC manual vs DC auto

yah i need it to have one full set-up spare, basically once it gets here ill have it set-up to the lengths i need than ill swap everything and than ill have my current DS set-up for the same set-up

probably going to be just the first portion that will be shortened not the rear though
Old 04-19-2013, 10:51 AM   #3618
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulhas View Post
yah i need it to have one full set-up spare, basically once it gets here ill have it set-up to the lengths i need than ill swap everything and than ill have my current DS set-up for the same set-up

probably going to be just the first portion that will be shortened not the rear though

yea the length from the carrier bearing to 3rd won't change, so that's a good thing.

unless you make a new carrier bearing mount
Old 04-19-2013, 10:53 AM   #3619
the habs fan

bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yea the length from the carrier bearing to 3rd won't change, so that's a good thing.

unless you make a new carrier bearing mount

nope no plans for that, i just want the re tubed portion and than I dont need to re tube two of them, essentially I shouldnt need a front portion ever unless I really fuck up lol
Old 04-19-2013, 10:55 AM   #3620

Quote:
somewhere under there

Bob, that pic is crazy. I saw the guy bending down to get something and it makes it look like you are on something REALLY steep with a big ledge at the bottom. Where was that?