Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails > Moab

Notices

2013 T.A.Co. Gathering - Official Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-12-2013, 07:50 AM   #4441
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadedTaco View Post
Never mind I saw some good pictures that really show the perspective. eff that noise! I will stick to the easier (4 or lower) ones on this trip. If there are by passes then I will do some of the harder ones.
you will get bored of anything lower than 4 or 5 haha. You'll be fine. You have enough armor to handle a lot out there. That obstacle is totally optional also.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:01 AM   #4442
rockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
rockgecko03's Tacoma Gallery
Most of the trails on trail damage have an upper and lower rating. The lower rating is the difficulty if you take the easiest lines and bypasses for the entire trail.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:04 AM   #4443
Your NativeTaco is in the building
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
NativeTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Never mind I saw some good pictures that really show the perspective. eff that noise! I will stick to the easier (4 or lower) ones on this trip. If there are by passes then I will do some of the harder ones.
You can do more than that. Plus you will have good spotters. Just bring your big pair of balls, that's what I'm planning in doing. My truck has hers, I just need mine.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:30 AM   #4445
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeTaco View Post
You can do more than that. Plus you will have good spotters. Just bring your big pair of balls, that's what I'm planning in doing. My truck has hers, I just need mine.
haha! I will bring my stainless steel set of balls and my big boy pants. I definitely want to be challenged I just don't need to destroy my truck. I am a long way from home.

The beginning of this video is me on a decent obstacle. I did some stuff a little tougher than this on the trails, but didn't get any footage. That was intimidating at first, but was actually pretty easy. (Yes I whore out my video)

http://youtu.be/8JBLOPTUAD8

This was a big hill that we had to navigate through to exit the trail. No pictures of my truck of course!

Old 05-12-2013, 08:35 AM   #4447
the habs fan
bulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
honestly there wasnt much I couldnt do without a locker last year, was I armored to the teeth yes, I believe doing Kane's Creek I was lucky is I had 1.5" of lift thanks to the sagging through the weekend

But I also did not do Trifecta,

last year was -

area bfe trails
strike ravine
Kane's Creek
elephant hill(id do this again if i didnt have to drive 2 hours to get there ......)

last year i wasted away a day having to install armor, shit happens though, this year will be totally different, I was hoping to be there an entire week but work fucked shit up
Old 05-12-2013, 08:38 AM   #4448
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
I have no clue what trails to take or who to team up with.
I think there is a decent amount of us that feel that way. I am just researching the shit out of the trails and putting a wish list together.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:43 AM   #4449
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulhas View Post
honestly there wasnt much I couldnt do without a locker last year, was I armored to the teeth yes, I believe doing Kane's Creek I was lucky is I had 1.5" of lift thanks to the sagging through the weekend

But I also did not do Trifecta,

last year was -

area bfe trails
strike ravine
Kane's Creek
elephant hill(id do this again if i didnt have to drive 2 hours to get there ......)

last year i wasted away a day having to install armor, shit happens though, this year will be totally different, I was hoping to be there an entire week but work fucked shit up
you wanna come on behind the rocks with me and mike (and others)?

Also, probably the day we get there, can we go find that cave you and mike found last time? i wanna check that out
Old 05-12-2013, 08:45 AM   #4450
sander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
sander1036's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
I have no clue what trails to take or who to team up with.
Well I'm going where you guys go so...... I'm hoping people can help us decide where and who to go with when we get out there

I saw pictures of white rim it looks gorgeous but it sounded like its a day long trail. Any input?
Old 05-12-2013, 08:50 AM   #4451
the habs fan
bulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post

Also, probably the day we get there, can we go find that cave you and mike found last time? i wanna check that out

i want to check out the cave, BUT we dont get there until like 1 or 2 am on thursday thanks to a training course I am taking tuesday/wednesday in Greenwood, Indiana

I dont arrive in SLC until like 10:30pm which means we dont hit the highway until 11ish at best, sooooooooo when people wake up for Trifecta I need people to wake all three of us up, who will probably be all cozy in a tent....... lol
Old 05-12-2013, 09:01 AM   #4453
RAGE!!!!
mh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 12th MAR HQ BTRY TAP
Name: Mike
mh.meier's Tacoma Gallery
JeepAndrew is the guy I go exploring mines with so we are definitely going to hit strike ravine and finish exploring that mine. I know we want to do hell's also so I'd be in to do it when you want Mark. Also want to finish behind the rock's as Well.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:07 AM   #4454

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh.meier View Post
JeepAndrew is the guy I go exploring mines with so we are definitely going to hit strike ravine and finish exploring that mine. I know we want to do hell's also so I'd be in to do it when you want Mark. Also want to finish behind the rock's as Well.
word just have to determine when others want to do trails as well so groups can be organized
Old 05-12-2013, 09:09 AM   #4455
RAGE!!!!
mh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

You can do a lot of trails with just careful driving and a spotter. I had no armor besides my sliders and definitely no locker. I can do 8 rated trails with that same set up as i have before but this year my truck will be a little different......
Old 05-12-2013, 09:11 AM   #4456
RAGE!!!!

Quote:
word just have to determine when others want to do trails as well so groups can be organized
cool beans man. I will have 10 days so I can work other trails in before everyone shows up.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:14 AM   #4457

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh.meier View Post
You can do a lot of trails with just careful driving and a spotter. I had no armor besides my sliders and definitely no locker. I can do 8 rated trails with that same set up as i have before but this year my truck will be a little different......
TRUCK NORRIS WILL DESTROY ALL OBSTACLES
Old 05-12-2013, 09:40 AM   #4458
the habs fan

bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
blahhhh we need to stop talking about this :P

btw, I might set-up a camera on my laptop so you can watch great white get wrenched on and cut into for your viewing pleasures just so you can believe me working on it this time
Old 05-12-2013, 10:38 AM   #4459
Fire Pony
Ice Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lauren
Ice Horse's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thank god, it seems I am not the only rookie! Thanks for the tip. Looks like I will be doing those two for sure.

I am not sure if I am completely crazy, but I think I want to try this. Can Stock tacos do this?

Edit: I am pretty sure that is a no! I just watched a couple videos of it.

Not sure if it was mentioned but this is an optional obstacle on Hells Revenge so don't be scared.

Quote:

Are you talking about that big sandstone tunnel thing? I can't remember where it was exactly but we found it in our ATVs and you can completely walk through it. It gets scary dark but there used to be some Indian paintings (actual paint) on the other end that were really cool. I doubt they are there anymore because people kept vandalizing them. sad.

On a side note, we did some thinking. Would anyone want to do Rusty Nail the same day they are doing the trifecta? I think it's a higher end trail but it supposedly comes out in the trifecta near the crack.
Old 05-12-2013, 11:15 AM   #4460
rockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
rockgecko03's Tacoma Gallery
With regard to being bored with trails rated as a 4 or less as someone mentioned, I would disagree. It just depends on how your truck is set up. A stock taco on a 4 will have a blast and plenty of a challenge. Also, it depends on how much you enjoy the scenery around you. Some of the easier trails lead to absolutely amazing scenery and photo ops. Onion creek is an easy trail, but fun none the less and the scenery is amazing. Far from boring.

For those going to Moab for the first time and not sure what to do, all the trails are fun. Just make note of what trucks are going on a trail and go with those that are set up similarly. If you notice that they're all solid axle crawlers on 35"+ tires, you should probably not try that trail if you're rocking a basic lift with new tires and sliders. If in doubt, ask the trail leader.

Products Discussed in this Thread