Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails > Moab

Notices

Anyone going to Cruise Moab?

Old 03-23-2013, 07:25 AM   #1
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone going to Cruise Moab?

post up if you'll be attending the 2013 Cruise Moab this year..

http://www.cruisemoab.com/

April 30-May 5, 2013
Old 03-23-2013, 07:28 AM   #2
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
i'll be heading out there with Jim from Tacoma Magazine and FJC Magazine.

we'll be out there covering for the magazines

most likely heading that way wednesday night and getting in early tuesday morning...or leave very early thursday morning

would like to meet up with fellow TWers if you'll be there
Old 03-31-2013, 10:15 PM   #3
Tacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Tacoma BC's Tacoma Gallery
I just found out this event coincides with a trip we planned to Moab. We'll be there from about the 28th til the 3rd or 4th.
I haven't registered for anything yet though.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:23 AM   #4
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
very nice...quite the journey for you

not sure how things like vendor night work and how/if they restrict access..so you could check that out while you're there if you wanted to

we're talking about taking some night runs on fins and/or hells while we're there if you wanted to meet up for a night run

i would imagine they would restrict the trail runs though to those registered for the trail...not to say you can't run the trail outside of the group..

i know ejs closes down the trail to others not part of the group, but they are muuuuuuch larger than cruise, so i don't think they have anything crazy like that in effect for the event
Old 04-01-2013, 09:32 AM   #5
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Registration is full so if you haven't registered yet, you're probably out of luck to run trails as part of the official event. You can still run trails on your own but will not have the support of the event groups.

The vendor night is open access and I think it's located at Slickrock Campground again. This is the main event HQ and vendors will have their displays etc set up along a couple of the center rows in the campground near the main pavillion/bathrooms building.

There are people staying at lots of different places in town for the event but the majority typically stay at Slickrock Campground. It's always fun to just go stroll through the campground in the evenings to talk to people and check out the different trucks.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:40 AM   #6
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
yea i was up in the air still about camping there...doesn't seem like that good of a campground...sand flats or a blm spot along kane creek seems more up my alley

benefits would be having the central event location as your home base, but that can also be a drawback...

luckily kane creek and sand flats aren't that far from town making it easy to go to and from..
Old 04-01-2013, 10:21 AM   #7
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
yea i was up in the air still about camping there...doesn't seem like that good of a campground...sand flats or a blm spot along kane creek seems more up my alley

benefits would be having the central event location as your home base, but that can also be a drawback...

luckily kane creek and sand flats aren't that far from town making it easy to go to and from..
Yeah I'm with you. It's not my scene to camp at the same place with everyone. I've never stayed at Slickrock CG for Cruise Moab. I just stop by to talk to people and go there for tech inspection and other official stuff.

Kinda the same reason I'm not staying at BFE for the TW event. Just kinda like having my own space. If I feel like being around everyone I can roll in and hang out, if, not then I have my own place to go.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:50 PM   #8
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
finally got my registration in today...

signed up for:

thursday - kane creek or chicken corners
friday - dome plateau or wipeout hill
saturday - elephant hill or hells

night run probably saturday due to the evening activities going on thursday and friday nights

then sunday planning on a top of the world trip on our way out of town
Old 04-08-2013, 11:31 AM   #9
Tacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I might be interested in a night run. We'll see once we are down there how things pan out.
Stephen
Old 04-08-2013, 12:14 PM   #10
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
good deal..get a hold of me when you are down there...definitely looking to get the tacomas together for a photo shoot for the magazine at least
Old 04-09-2013, 09:34 PM   #11

Cool. I'll post here when we get to Moab. We're traveling in tandem with friends towing their motorbikes and a jeep on a trailer behind a big diesel f350.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:28 AM   #12
The Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
The Woodsman's Tacoma Gallery
I plan to arrive the weekend before and sightsee/run a bunch of easier stuff with a couple of friends before the event.

Signed up for:
Porcupine Rim
Metal Masher
Cliffhanger (Amasa Back)
Old 04-13-2013, 12:34 PM   #13
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Woodsman View Post
I plan to arrive the weekend before and sightsee/run a bunch of easier stuff with a couple of friends before the event.

Signed up for:
Porcupine Rim
Metal Masher
Cliffhanger (Amasa Back)
should be a nice trip... doing the same thing later in May for our event..

keeping this trip relatively short.. thinking now about taking off Wednesday and take the back way from grand junction to Moab then setup camp Wednesday evening

cliffhanger is a fun challenge.. definitely used all of my armor on that one
Old 04-25-2013, 07:09 PM   #14

Unfortunately we have had to cancel our trip to Moab.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:46 PM   #15
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
what the hell....
Old 04-25-2013, 09:10 PM   #16
Benjamin Newman
Btnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Benjamin
Btnewman's Tacoma Gallery
Over... I might be scrambling over for a night.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:57 PM   #17

My son is seriously ill and we've had to cancel last minute. Sorry.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:36 AM   #18
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
sorry to hear that...hope he gets better soon
Old 04-26-2013, 06:36 AM   #19
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Btnewman View Post
Over... I might be scrambling over for a night.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:56 AM   #20
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
will be driving through snow to get west, but forecast is looking very nice for this week out there,

• Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 63. Light north wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
  • Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 38.
  • Thursday Sunny, with a high near 69.
  • Thursday Night Clear, with a low around 41.
  • Friday Sunny, with a high near 74.
  • Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 45.
  • Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 74.
  • Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 46.
  • Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 70.