Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails > Moab

Notices

NM Moab Caravan

Old 03-28-2013, 10:53 PM   #1
Cloudy-fabricator of things
Whitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Johnathan
Whitecloud's Tacoma Gallery
NM Moab Caravan

Hey all figured I'd throw this up again like I did last year. Post up you travel plans to get to Moab and I'll try to mod the list as well as I can.

Here is the link for the OP for the MOAB thread
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/moa...al-thread.html

So for the NM guys if you all want to meet at the Home Depot in Bernaillio Mondaythe 27th in the morning at about 4:00 in the morning and head out from there. I was thinking it would be quicker to take 550 to 491 up into Colorado and Utah and then onto the 191 into Moab. Let me know what you all think. The family and I were planning on hitting up Canyonlands and camping up there before we head to BFE to check in and grab our other campsite elsewhere.

So for those that will need some last minute stuff to take care of and want to have a bit of a meet.........the shakedown meet this time around will be Saturday May 11th at 9:00am at my house. Everyone that is coming shoot me a pm so that I can figure out who all is coming and get you directions.

List so far......

Pretty sure Silas is out (Maybe) (he might just keep it after all)
Lobster13 (Coming)
Ripcord (Coming)
99Taco27505 (Coming with a new axle)
KCDuran???
New Mexico Taco???
Tomtom???
NewMexiTaco???
White toy taco (95%er)
Alexb03???
LoudPedal???
Ghost??? (pretty sure he's coming) Anybody talk to this guy yet??
RunningRiot4Fun (Coming)
Trailtaco (leaving the 27th or 28th)
bigfishallday

Shakedown meet.....
Ripcord
99Taco27505 (Maybe)
white toy taco
Old 03-29-2013, 06:30 PM   #3
Little Taco that could
99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B <-Grunt.
Name: Chad
99yodataco's Tacoma Gallery
Put me as a maybe for the shakedown meet.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:54 PM   #4
505 Member
white toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gian
white toy taco's Tacoma Gallery
ill probably be at the shakedown meet as well
Old 04-03-2013, 11:45 PM   #5
Whitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Bump
Old 04-15-2013, 11:18 PM   #6
And then?
BigFishAllDay is on a distinguished road

Name: Nick
BigFishAllDay's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So for the NM guys if you all want to meet at the Home Depot in Bernaillio Monday the 27th in the morning at about 4:00 in the morning and head out from there. I was thinking it would be quicker to take 550 to 491 up into Colorado and Utah and then onto the 191 into Moab. Let me know what you all think. The family and I were planning on hitting up Canyonlands and camping up there before we head to BFE to check in and grab our other campsite elsewhere.
So when you guys drive up, is that the route you normally take out of ABQ? Do you guys just hit it balls to the wall to try and make it there in the shortest time possible, or are there usually some stops along the way to check things out?

550 to 491 to 191 looks like a boring drive (although probably the fastest) until you get on 191 up in UT.

Last year my Wife and I were running the passes up around Ouray/Telluride in early June. I think it was June 6th and 7th and we did Cinnamon/California/Imogene/Corkscrew Gulch/Ophir, etc. With the light snowpack this year, some of those might be open early again this year. I'm in this trip mainly for the Moab, but it might be nice to fit some other stuff in along the way. The Canyonlands idea sounds cool too.

I'm trying to get an idea of what kind of drive you guys have in mind for this caravan.

Quote:
So for those that will need some last minute stuff to take care of and want to have a bit of a meet.........the shakedown meet this time around will be Saturday May 11th at 9:00am at my house. Everyone that is coming shoot me a pm so that I can figure out who all is coming and get you directions.
I should be able to make the shakedown meet unless something comes up. It's a possibility that I could get called in to work.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:32 PM   #7

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFishAllDay View Post
So when you guys drive up, is that the route you normally take out of ABQ? Do you guys just hit it balls to the wall to try and make it there in the shortest time possible, or are there usually some stops along the way to check things out?

550 to 491 to 191 looks like a boring drive (although probably the fastest) until you get on 191 up in UT.

Last year my Wife and I were running the passes up around Ouray/Telluride in early June. I think it was June 6th and 7th and we did Cinnamon/California/Imogene/Corkscrew Gulch/Ophir, etc. With the light snowpack this year, some of those might be open early again this year. I'm in this trip mainly for the Moab, but it might be nice to fit some other stuff in along the way. The Canyonlands idea sounds cool too.

I'm trying to get an idea of what kind of drive you guys have in mind for this caravan.

I should be able to make the shakedown meet unless something comes up. It's a possibility that I could get called in to work.
550 and what not was pretty dead. We stopped alot last year cause I was pulling about 6K+ pounds of Jeep and whatnot on a trailer. But we were kinda wanting to do Imogene and Blackbear as well. But a couple of days in Canyonlands would be ideal for us. We did try for the shortest time last year and by the end we just wanted to get there and be done. But we also started last year at about 4 in the morning. Which is also my families plan this year because of the kids. That way they can stay asleep for as long as possible.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:50 PM   #8
And then?
BigFishAllDay is on a distinguished road

Name: Nick
BigFishAllDay's Tacoma Gallery
Right on... good idea letting the kiddos sleep on the way. We wanted to check out Black Bear last year, but it still hadn't opened. We ran Imogene on opening day, which was nice. I really want to have my Wife and Daughter come along on this upcoming trip, but at 7 months old I think our girl is gonna be too little/young for this journey. So that leaves me flying solo... like dust in the wind.

...also, when you say:

Quote:
before we head to BFE to check in and grab our other campsite elsewhere
What does elsewhere entail? I'm not sure I want to camp @ BFE, mainly because I'd like to enjoy a couple quiet nights under the stars. I'm happy to do my own research, but any tips on other spots to camp would be appreciated.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:57 PM   #9

Law Enforcement:
We are planning on staying at one of the campsites off Kane Creek Road if they are not all full. Try to bring them along. My wife should be about 12-14 weeks along at that point and the boys will be just over 2.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:29 AM   #11

Law Enforcement:
That they do. It is after all 39 days till I'm planning on heading out that direction. :w oot::woo t:
Old 04-16-2013, 01:58 AM   #12
Little Taco that could
99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Didnt realize it was that close to going. Man I gotta get the ball rolling on my wife's car if I want to make it to Moab this year.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:07 PM   #14

Law Enforcement:
Nice lists Jim. Hey all so who all is planning on going officially???? And what days are we planning on leaving???
Old 05-09-2013, 11:14 PM   #15
Little Taco that could

I'm a strong maybe at this point. Still need to have my front locker/gears installed. But for about $200 I can have it done at a shop kinda local.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:44 PM   #16

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99taco27505 View Post
I'm a strong maybe at this point. Still need to have my front locker/gears installed. But for about $200 I can have it done at a shop kinda local.
200 isn't bad overall for install. Is it just install or are they pulling the carrier and putting a new ring and pinion on?? If it is just a carrier swap just bring it to the house and we can put it in on Sat.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:09 AM   #17
Little Taco that could

New locker with new gears. Unless Silas wants to do a Dana 44 gear/locker install?
Old 05-10-2013, 12:21 AM   #18

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
New locker with new gears. Unless Silas wants to do a Dana 44 gear/locker install?
Hahahaha I don't think so. But that would be a question for him. But he should be there Sat. so we'll see. What I need to do 1. Rebuild my pass side CV 2. do a custom add a leaf 3. oil change/check all fluids. So by the time you guys show up my truck will be looking all sad on jack stands again .
Old 05-10-2013, 12:53 AM   #19
Little Taco that could

Cloudy, do you have a shop press? if you do, I'll bring my locker and stuff just in case Silas decides to do some hard work again.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:30 PM   #20

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Cloudy, do you have a shop press? if you do, I'll bring my locker and stuff just in case Silas decides to do some hard work again.
I do not have a press. Planning on getting one soon but not yet.