Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails > Moab

Notices

Official Moab Bike Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 08:38 AM   #1
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Official Moab Bike Thread

Who's bring their mountain bike and planning on getting down riding? If anyone is and would like to join me on some of the more difficult trails, I know the area fairly well. My goals are the following trails:

- Amasa Back: same trail as Cliffhanger, ride up Cliffhanger and then down the single track around the backside

- The Whole Enchilada: From Burro pass if it is snow free, otherwise from the top of Hazard County

- Klondike Bluffs: Area for riders of all abilities

- Brands Area (maybe)

Here is a good source with an overview of all of these trails, I am open to other trails as well.

http://www.discovermoab.com/biking.htm
Old 05-07-2013, 09:39 AM   #2
TROKITA is a glorious beacon of lightTROKITA is a glorious beacon of lightTROKITA is a glorious beacon of lightTROKITA is a glorious beacon of lightTROKITA is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Arty
TROKITA's Tacoma Gallery
ill see if i take my bike, im not too fit for trails like moab but will see
Old 05-27-2013, 03:08 PM   #4
The109 is a glorious beacon of lightThe109 is a glorious beacon of lightThe109 is a glorious beacon of lightThe109 is a glorious beacon of lightThe109 is a glorious beacon of light
Navy:
Name: Joe
The109's Tacoma Gallery
I was out there in mid April when there was a lot of snow at the higher parts of the whole enchilada. Road LPS and Porcupine rim, it was epic. Did the obligatory Slickrock trail too. Then hit Zippety doo dah and a bunch of other trails in Fruita on the way home.

Wish I could make it out for this event. Have fun!
Old 06-03-2013, 12:55 PM   #5
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Only rode at Klondike, by myself, so no riding pics.

Old 06-03-2013, 12:58 PM   #6
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
Im planning a trip next summer to do some riding in Colorado, Utah then up to Whistler. I'd love to put some miles in at Moab.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:10 PM   #7
Because 4R

Quote:
Originally Posted by dually View Post
Im planning a trip next summer to do some riding in Colorado, Utah then up to Whistler. I'd love to put some miles in at Moab.
Hard to go wrong with those locations! Give me a shout when you are in CO and I can show you some trails.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:16 PM   #8
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
For sure man! Its better to ride with people who know the trail
Old 06-03-2013, 10:46 PM   #9
instagram: ATC510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
Dam guess when I finally go MOAB, I'd better bring my bike too.
Old 11-25-2013, 12:11 PM   #10
The109 is a glorious beacon of lightThe109 is a glorious beacon of lightThe109 is a glorious beacon of lightThe109 is a glorious beacon of lightThe109 is a glorious beacon of light
Navy:
Name: Joe
The109's Tacoma Gallery

Old 11-26-2013, 10:06 PM   #11
surfnmoto2 has a spectacular aura aboutsurfnmoto2 has a spectacular aura aboutsurfnmoto2 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Lee
surfnmoto2's Tacoma Gallery
Taking a break at Hurrah Pass