Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails > Moab

Notices

2013 T.A.C.O. Moab Gathering OFFICIAL photo thread.

Old 10-04-2013, 12:44 PM   #701
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
I think those are at least 40's. Look how small the rims are compared to the tires.

Especially compared to the rim to tire ratio of Adam's 37's in his pic.
Those tires are Maxxis Creepy Crawlers. Looking at availiable sizes of that tire they have a 37" a 38.5" and a 40". the 40 is only for a 17" wheel and the wheels in that pic don't look big enough to be 17's so my guess is that Jeep is running the 38.5" tires.

The size might be deceptive because of the angle of the photo.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:49 PM   #703
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Lawyered
That's still a hell of a lot bigger than a 33. haha
Old 10-04-2013, 01:01 PM   #704
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
so it begins...

2014 wish list
Kokopelli Trail
Beef Basin>Elephant Hill
Metal Masher
top of metal masher Badass trail!

I need to do moab rim next year for sure
Quote:
i'm wondering if our trucks can make it up this obstacle on MM

Maybe we went a different way, or just passed it and I forgot, but we exited the trail by widow maker and mother-in-law. Where is that obstacle?

speaking of widow maker, after watching konsta even bump it, not doable in our trucks unless maybe you have 35s on a 6" lift, or maybe 37s (cough cough silas) and a winch. But you would need a winch just to be sure on widow maker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steezemcqueen View Post
I'll give it a go
yea buddy! you commin for 2014?
Old 10-04-2013, 01:36 PM   #705
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Rock Chucker is a side obstacle just off the main trail just before the "mirror gulch" section. That's the section that's a kind of tight climb up some ledges with rock walls on either side. Much earlier than Widow Maker.

As for Widow Maker, IMO it has become one of the most difficult obstacles in Moab for everything but dedicated buggies. The ledge has gotten much bigger and tougher over the years. I think is is almost on par with the rockpile on Pritchett Canyon. Not quite but close. The only reason Metal Masher doesn't have a more difficult rating is because the obstacles like Rock Chucker and Widow Maker are optional. The ones on Pritchett do not have bypasses.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:38 PM   #706
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
i'm excited to finally hit that trail

looking forward to some multi-day trips now that i have the bed rack/RTT setup
Old 10-04-2013, 01:38 PM   #707
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Masher is on my list to run next week, I'll take a look and report back!
Old 10-04-2013, 01:40 PM   #708
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-04-2013, 01:44 PM   #709
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
You still have time to join!
Old 10-04-2013, 01:58 PM   #710
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishbone Runner View Post
You still have time to join!
i'm tapped out of vacation time...SEMA will eat up the last of what i have for the year...(minus a couple days i save for some powder days)
Old 10-04-2013, 02:24 PM   #711
Because 4R

Just givin you shit . . .
Old 10-04-2013, 02:37 PM   #712
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishbone Runner View Post
Masher is on my list to run next week, I'll take a look and report back!
I've thought about maybe joining you but I don't think I can swing it. Plus I don't know if an 800 mile round trip is worth 1.5 days of wheeling...
Old 10-04-2013, 03:27 PM   #713
the habs fan
bulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
once i know dates ill be doing the drive down a week before ditch the truck in slc, fly home to work, fly back down south pick up truck drive to moab, wheel, drive to slc ditch the truck, fly home to work, fly back and pick up truck hahahaha

oh the moab addiction :P
Old 10-04-2013, 07:32 PM   #714
Because 4R

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
I've thought about maybe joining you but I don't think I can swing it. Plus I don't know if an 800 mile round trip is worth 1.5 days of wheeling...

If you decide you can swing it, just let me know. Round trip from Denver will be like 700 for me, just saying
Old 10-04-2013, 07:49 PM   #715
άber Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mh.meier View Post
True that. I made a folder called Silas does Helldorado though. Like, a few months ago
lol nice. Too many to post here or facebook? or can I send you a thumb drive or something?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99taco27505 View Post
FIFY
lol wow
Quote:
i'm wondering if our trucks can make it up this obstacle on MM

I'd think it'd be easier with a taco than a short wheel base heep. I bet it gets sketchy for jeeps....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
That obstacle is called Rock Chucker. I'm sure that several trucks could make that. A 2nd Gen DCLB might get high centered on the bottom ledge. It can be tricky but isn't aweful. I'd actually rather do it with a longer wheelbase like a Tacoma than a shorter wheelbase. I had some fun trying it with my FJ40 on 37's.

lol awesome.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:03 PM   #716
Little Taco that could
99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B <-Grunt.
Name: Chad
99yodataco's Tacoma Gallery
Those look like fun obstacles. If my truck is back together I'll be up for some of those trails. Oh BTW my truck is gonna be even more trail worthy.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:12 PM   #717
Are you Recreationally Insane?
mr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brant Luckow
mr.trd's Tacoma Gallery
I have done rock chucker in my '98 x-cab taco on 35's. Wasn't too bad actually and yes, I would prefer a longer wheelbase on that one. But I bet in a DCLB it would be about a double whammy which would make it very interesting.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:18 PM   #718
Out for a rip eh!
lunchboxhero is one of the sharper tools in the shedlunchboxhero is one of the sharper tools in the shedlunchboxhero is one of the sharper tools in the shedlunchboxhero is one of the sharper tools in the shedlunchboxhero is one of the sharper tools in the shedlunchboxhero is one of the sharper tools in the shedlunchboxhero is one of the sharper tools in the shedlunchboxhero is one of the sharper tools in the shedlunchboxhero is one of the sharper tools in the shedlunchboxhero is one of the sharper tools in the shedlunchboxhero is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aleks
lunchboxhero's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99taco27505 View Post
Watch out for flying water bottles
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Oh man that was too priceless. Especially because I was driving and had to stop. Whitecloud was behind us and laughed pretty good at it too.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:50 AM   #719
Cloudy-fabricator of things
Whitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Johnathan
Whitecloud's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
That obstacle is called Rock Chucker. I'm sure that several trucks could make that. A 2nd Gen DCLB might get high centered on the bottom ledge. It can be tricky but isn't aweful. I'd actually rather do it with a longer wheelbase like a Tacoma than a shorter wheelbase. I had some fun trying it with my FJ40 on 37's.

I'll try it. I'll try pretty much anything once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchboxhero View Post
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Oh man that was too priceless. Especially because I was driving and had to stop. Whitecloud was behind us and laughed pretty good at it too.
Hahahahahahahaha that was pretty awesome.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:05 AM   #720
4Runner Abuser
steezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
steezemcqueen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post

yea buddy! you commin for 2014?
Yep definitely going to be there