Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails > Moab

Notices

2013 T.A.C.O. Moab Gathering OFFICIAL photo thread.

Old 10-10-2013, 05:35 PM   #742
the habs fan
bulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
pfft my tank is ready for pritchett

err well will be
Old 10-11-2013, 04:37 AM   #744
Little Taco that could
99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B <-Grunt.
Name: Chad
99yodataco's Tacoma Gallery
I'm down if my truck is ready by then.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:26 PM   #746
tired
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Have fun on Pritchett. Is it doable with the setup you described? Yeah, but it's gonna beat you up. No skids? you're asking for trouble on a couple of the obstacles. Only one locker is going to be a stretch. And you're going to need at least one winch in your group to get up the rockpile. I highly doubt you guys can make that obstacle unassisted, especially without a front locker.

Don't let me stop you from trying. It'll test you and your truck for sure, but if you wanna try it I say go for it. I'm just saying I'm not confident with my own truck on that trail.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:39 PM   #747
Little Taco that could
99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B <-Grunt.
Name: Chad
99yodataco's Tacoma Gallery
If my truck is ready by then I should have front and rear mounted winces. I usually have a rear winch on a cradle, but I'm going to mount it for sure
Old 10-11-2013, 05:56 PM   #748
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
I'll get 35s and that will have to do haha. Bumper... Eh indot care if it gets ruined. Skids. Well I just don't have the dough. So I'll have to make do. Lets do it.
Its not your bumper im worried about, more of your bed sides.

and i would not do pritchett withoug skids. Thats just asking for serious trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
Have fun on Pritchett. Is it doable with the setup you described? Yeah, but it's gonna beat you up. No skids? you're asking for trouble on a couple of the obstacles. Only one locker is going to be a stretch. And you're going to need at least one winch in your group to get up the rockpile. I highly doubt you guys can make that obstacle unassisted, especially without a front locker.

Don't let me stop you from trying. It'll test you and your truck for sure, but if you wanna try it I say go for it. I'm just saying I'm not confident with my own truck on that trail.
ill have a winch. I'm game
Old 10-11-2013, 07:27 PM   #749
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post

Sounds difficult haha. I think I'll give it a try. I know it might be iffy without good skids, but I think I'll just take it easy
Old 10-11-2013, 07:55 PM   #752
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
Sounds difficult haha. I think I'll give it a try. I know it might be iffy without good skids, but I think I'll just take it easy
Fuck me how am I gonna afford skids by then too
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Horse View Post
I'm not sure Pritchett with one locker is a smart idea.
Hell, this is sounding harder and harder
Old 10-11-2013, 08:39 PM   #756
tired
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Here's a ledge early into Pritchett. If you don't have a belly skid (or more lift that your truck has Mark) then your t-case is going to get ripped off.

Or this one just a little farther into the trail. Nevermind that this Cruiser has 38" tires.

This is a *fun* spot too and the ledges are bigger than they look in this pic.

And the Rockpile. Tell me how you plan to tackle this (with no bypass) without skids when this dude with gobs of lift and 42" tires and still dragging his belly.

Still the trail can be done in a Tacoma. But this dude has 35's AND SKID PLATES, and a front locker.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:44 PM   #757
tired

Honestly as long as there a couple winches in the group you can get through the trail. The thing that makes Pritchett tough is the fact that there are no bypasses so you have to do the hard obstacles. But even if everyone in the group winched it you could get through ok. But without skid plates on a relatively short Tacoma you're definitely asking for trouble and you WILL drag your t-case even if you are winching.

I don't know about you but I don't like the idea of trying to limp out of a trail with a t-case cracked in half.

Also, if you have to winch through most of the trail can you really claim to have done the trail?
Old 10-11-2013, 09:21 PM   #759
tired

And bring a spare CV or two.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:37 PM   #760
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery

How come everyone's suddenly all interested in Prichett now?? No one wanted to join me a few months ago..

(I agree with Adam's and Laurens's comments btw.... 33s or just 1 locker = winch winch winch)