Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails > Moab

Notices

Official 2014 ROCK THERAPY picture thread!

Old 08-14-2014, 12:20 PM   #841
TheArkMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheArkMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheArkMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheArkMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheArkMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheArkMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheArkMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheArkMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheArkMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheArkMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheArkMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Noah
TheArkMaster's Tacoma Gallery
And can you share the love?
Old 08-14-2014, 01:02 PM   #842
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05taco2.7 View Post
How did you manage that?
He won a voucher for a set of 4 free tires in the raffle down there.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:02 PM   #845
Keyboard commander
CohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
CohbsTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
Finally got my prize installed too!

Does that have a drain hole on the bottom?
Old 08-25-2014, 08:18 AM   #847
It's about to get real!!!
rctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: konstantenos
rctoy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Finally got my prize installed too!

my rear diff armor is my cover. just the factory one right now I have no clue what I want to repace it with.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:46 AM   #848
He who walk with a Cane
CoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gramps
CoTacoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
it goes around the bottom but doesent cover the drain plug
Yeah but Mark can't it fill up with mudd and water in the back there and rust or does it have drain holes on the bottom?
Old 08-25-2014, 08:54 AM   #849
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoTacoTRD View Post
Yeah but Mark can't it fill up with mudd and water in the back there and rust or does it have drain holes on the bottom?
My Allpro one has holes in the bottom to allow it to drain. Though it is a bit strange the way it worked out. The wholes seem to be there more out of poor fitment than intentionally but maybe it was intentional. haha
Old 08-29-2014, 12:01 AM   #850
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CohbsTaco View Post
Does that have a drain hole on the bottom?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoTacoTRD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
My Allpro one has holes in the bottom to allow it to drain. Though it is a bit strange the way it worked out. The wholes seem to be there more out of poor fitment than intentionally but maybe it was intentional. haha
Ok now I get what you guys are saying.

Brady, are you saying that your all pro one has "drain holes" due to apparent ill fittment? If so then mine is the same way. When its all welded on the side pieces dont fully connect with the bottom middle piece. So it would act to drain, but I welded it up high enough I honestly cant see the pieces that "stick out" would ever be an issue, and if it was then oh well, I slide off em or bend em in a bit
Old 08-29-2014, 08:25 AM   #851

It had some to do with the fact that we are using a square shaped object to cover a round object.

But there was quite a gap at the bottom. Konsta stuck a couple welding rods in there and welding them in to fill that gap at the bottom. haha Like I said it very well could have been designed like this on purpose so you have gaps for drainage.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:27 AM   #852
It's about to get real!!!
rctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: konstantenos
rctoy's Tacoma Gallery
those welds.. gross you need to find your self a better welder brady..

Also id just like to point out I stomped around on 35's and never ran diff armor and never had an issue.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:30 AM   #853

Quote:
Originally Posted by rctoy View Post
those welds.. gross you need to find your self a better welder brady..

Also id just like to point out I stomped around on 35's and never ran diff armor and never had an issue.
I only had an issue once. Got a little hung up on some rocks and had to back up and had a rock conveniently placed right behind my diff that dented it slightly.

Caleb caved his rear diff cover in so bad you could see the shape of the ring gear and he did that on 40's. haha
Old 08-29-2014, 09:41 AM   #855
Fire Pony
Ice Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lauren
Ice Horse's Tacoma Gallery
I was discussing rear diff covers with someone on a trail one day and we were like "I've never actually seen anyone need them on the back" and not 30 seconds later a guy backed up and smashed his diff open haha
Old 08-29-2014, 12:37 PM   #857
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Horse View Post
I was discussing rear diff covers with someone on a trail one day and we were like "I've never actually seen anyone need them on the back" and not 30 seconds later a guy backed up and smashed his diff open haha
Hahahahaha! That is exactly why I'm glad I have mine. The bottom is pretty stout. I'm not worried. But the rear is pretty thin, so I'm glad I have the protection just in case
Quote:
Originally Posted by rctoy View Post
im not going to lie I cant imagine you on a trail hard core enough for that to happen to anyone.
Coulda been in her dads krawlar
Old 08-29-2014, 07:21 PM   #858
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
ive ran my tg diff armor, ive had a few scratches and dingers on it, who knows what would of happened if i didnt have it