Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Motorcycles

Notices

ninja fever!!!

Old 06-30-2010, 09:58 PM   #1
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
ninja fever!!!

well im on the prowl for a motorcycle..and im takin a liking to the street bike scene with kawasaki's ninja series...now im new to bikes..but i know i want to buy used at least...you know..get teh feel for the thing.and if i drop it so be it..no harm no fowl...but im in a conflict...what size engine to go for..ive heard all about the 250 vs te 500 debate..versus power and waht not..most of my driving would be to college on a 55 MPH highway...and around town some...so what do YOU guys think? 250cc or a ninja 500cc?
Old 06-30-2010, 10:00 PM   #2
Professional Amateur
JDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
JDMcompliant's Tacoma Gallery
off-topic...but i thought this thread was going to have a bunch of pictures of chicks
Old 06-30-2010, 10:00 PM   #3
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
me too
Old 06-30-2010, 10:01 PM   #4
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

haha..well i mean if you want ninjas...lmao..make a request to ole EL D down stairs in the underground..i bet he can hook ya up
Old 06-30-2010, 10:02 PM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Personally, I think the Ninja 250 os one of the funnest bikes on the road. You can redline it in the first 3 gears, and not break the interstate speed limit. Handles great, and is a fun bike.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:03 PM   #6

awesome! and i mean as a learners bike..im sure it would suit my needs well.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:04 PM   #7
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
awesome! and i mean as a learners bike..im sure it would suit my needs well.
Yeah. Its a great beginner bike, and a fun one for the more experianced too.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:06 PM   #8
WTF
1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
i say 500... you will learn pretty quick and want more with the 250! why waste the time and money buying a 250 then putting it up for sale 3 months later to get a bigger bike! just my 2 cents
Old 06-30-2010, 10:07 PM   #9

good point ^^ that was kinda my thinking too in the long run
Old 06-30-2010, 10:09 PM   #11

hell yeah man...ive got the bug!
Old 06-30-2010, 10:32 PM   #14
Tacoma with the TRI package
TRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tri
TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRICOMA Send a message via MSN to TRICOMA
I would get the 600 though...if you are smart, you will learn slowly how to ride and you will enjoy the 600. Just be smart about it. I have seen many people go down on bike for being idiots. You will likely not grow out of a 600.

Old 06-30-2010, 10:39 PM   #15
Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!
AvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
AvsFanTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I have the 250 and it's been a great bike. Anytime you can get 50-60+ MPG I call it a win. It's been a great beginner bike, you aren't leaned over as far as you would be on a beginner bike. Fun little bike for the money with no problems on the highway or highway speed. If you would like to buy mine, I am selling.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:56 PM   #16
Veteran Redleg
SteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Arizona Army National Guard C BATTERY 1/180TH Field Artillery and the Pinal County Sheriff's Office
Name: Curt
SteelRain's Tacoma Gallery
Look into the Suzuki SV650SF. It was my first sportbike and I respected it. I rode it for a few years and took lessons on it. I also took the Motorcycle safety Basic Rider Course before really hitting the streets. The bike was fairly comfortable and had plenty of power for Canyon Cutting. I later moved into a Honda RC51, but really didn't need the 1000cc Duck Hunter. I miss both bikes now...
Old 07-01-2010, 09:01 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsFanTRD View Post
I have the 250 and it's been a great bike. Anytime you can get 50-60+ MPG I call it a win. It's been a great beginner bike, you aren't leaned over as far as you would be on a beginner bike. Fun little bike for the money with no problems on the highway or highway speed. If you would like to buy mine, I am selling.
yeah 50-60 mpgs..i could live with that..but as far as buying goes..i appreciate the offer..but first i gotta get my funds in order first
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinal1223 View Post
Look into the Suzuki SV650SF. It was my first sportbike and I respected it. I rode it for a few years and took lessons on it. I also took the Motorcycle safety Basic Rider Course before really hitting the streets. The bike was fairly comfortable and had plenty of power for Canyon Cutting. I later moved into a Honda RC51, but really didn't need the 1000cc Duck Hunter. I miss both bikes now...
i know nothing about suzukis..ive heard many good things from them however...good bikes. but as far as used goes..i will look in to it..thanks for the info..im sure craigslist has some deals out there
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICOMA View Post
I would get the 600 though...if you are smart, you will learn slowly how to ride and you will enjoy the 600. Just be smart about it. I have seen many people go down on bike for being idiots. You will likely not grow out of a 600.

ooh i like that..but i guess it would be for more personal reasons that i didnt start off with a 600..i mean 500cc and 600cc arent that much apart..but you know...whose to say i wont eventually own one in the future.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:07 AM   #18
Kenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: MSgt (Retired)
Name: Ken
Kenobe's Tacoma Gallery
Whatever you get please please please take a motorcycle safety course. It WILL make you a better (and safer) rider
Old 07-01-2010, 09:11 AM   #19
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
ooh i like that..but i guess it would be for more personal reasons that i didnt start off with a 600..i mean 500cc and 600cc arent that much apart..but you know...whose to say i wont eventually own one in the future.
That's a big mistake to make. 500s and 600s are NOTHING alike. Most 500cc bikes are parallel twins (in a way like Harley engines) where 600cc are inline 4 engines like cars.. I own a 500 and I will be absolutely blown away by a 600cc.

That being said I think that 500cc bikes are GREAT starter/novice bikes. It looks like a street bike but keeps you in check if you have a go fast addiction like I do. It is my first bike.

Old 07-01-2010, 09:26 AM   #20
PB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
PB65stang's Tacoma Gallery
Another vote for the Ninja 250R. I ride a blue one that looks just like the green one posted. Since the new styling in 2009, they really look almost identical to the bigger bikes, but you are much less likely to kill yourself. Starting on a 600 supersport is asking to die, IMO. It's not the cruising around, but when you have any kind of awkward moment and you accidentally tip the throttle, you're going to go down if you're not used to the power.