1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Engine 'Popping'

Discussion in 'Motorcycles' started by Pugga, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Jul 29, 2010 at 5:54 AM
    Pugga

Pugga [OP] Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    With the recent addition of ethanol to gasoline, my dad and I started experiencing popping and sputtering in the engine. It wasn't bad enough to where you would think something is wrong in the engine, more of an annoyance I'd say. He has an Intruder LC 1500 and I have a Katana 750. Our local dealer recommended adding K100 to the tank when we fill up and I'm happy to report the stuff works! I guess it keeps the ethanol mixed up in the tank (otherwise it settles or separates apparently?) and slightly boosts the octane rating. We've been using it for a little over a year now and had great results so I figured I'd share.

2. Jul 29, 2010 at 6:22 AM
    KenpachiZaraki

KenpachiZaraki Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex •﹏•
    Lubbock
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD. 325/275/365 SBD
    ALL POSER- Afe Pro Dry S drop in filter, 3" AP leaf pack, Eibach w/5100's up front, 5100's rear, Fog Light Mod, ABS off mod, Dash Light MOD, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Wicked Flow Bitches MAX Muffler, 4" floods, 20", 43" light bars, 265/75/16 Hankook Dynapro ATm, oil catch can, rear diff breather relocate, Custome Sliders, SOS concepts Front bumper, Demon Eye Mod, backlit TRD emblem on bumper, Morimoto D2S projectors,
    I have a 93 Kat, with a 00 motor swapped in. what year is yours? What is this k100? And where can I get some?

3. Jul 29, 2010 at 6:52 AM
    Pugga

Pugga [OP] Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    I've got a '02 750 with Stage 1 kit and Yoshi pipes. K100 is a fuel additive (I would guess similar to the STP line?) but I've found it at Advanced Auto or AutoZone stores. They make different formulas for marine and diesel engines also. The dealer told us the ethanol messes with the smaller engines more so than in a car. He also recommended rocking the bike back and forth before starting to sort of mix up the gas in the tank.

Products Discussed in

To Top