Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Motorcycles

Notices

Loading a Motorcycle in a DCSB (pics)

Old 05-06-2012, 01:59 PM   #41
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Performula View Post
D-Rings have to be found for cheaper than that!!!!

What ramp is that and where do you store it? I see it's a nice wider one, those single 12' wide ramps look sketchy. You can get it up, but how do you get it down? (Talking about narrow ramps).
You can get cheaper D-rings from an Army Surplus store. I didn't know that at the time so I just bought OEM ones. The Army Surplus ones are only $3/ea + shipping. I actually ordered 6 of them last week for trailer tie downs.

The ramp is an Ohio Steel folding aluminum ramp. I don't know where it was purchased, I got it for Christmas from my parents but it is a very nice ramp! When you dismount the bike, try to do the same thing as loading, find a hill, back up to it and that way when you're unloading, it's more level and easier to unload. If you have to unload from the bed onto level ground, just feather the front brake, keep it going straight and don't fight it. Takes a little practice but it's not bad.