Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Motorcycles

Notices

CB1000R US Bound!!!

Old 11-02-2010, 06:25 PM   #1
el tráfico más lento se queda derecha
SManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SManZ's Tacoma Gallery
CB1000R US Bound!!!

Looks like the sport standards are making a comeback...

The CB1000R is coming to the US in '11!

http://powersports.honda.com/2011/cb1000r.aspx

I'm on an '06 Yamaha FZ1 (Gen II) and I'm going to wait until Yamaha does the Gen III (hopefully in '12) before I make a move, but its looking like a good year for the standards.

Kawasaki has the new Ninja 1000 (upright faired 1L) and Z1000 (naked)
Suzuki is kind of bringing up the rear with a new faired version of the old Bandit 1250. I read something about a sport standard with a GSX-R750 motor?
Yamaha soliders on with the 5th model year of the Gen II and the FZ6

I'm really into Japanese bikes, but the Ducati streetfighters and the new Triumph Speed Triple are out too
Old 11-02-2010, 06:33 PM   #2
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
I'm kinda waiting to see what yamaha's new R1 will look like and if there going to add more superbike features.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:40 PM   #3
toytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant future
Name: Jason
toytacoma22's Tacoma Gallery
Ehhh it's okay but I think I rather opt for a Ducati Monster or an MV Agusta Brutale.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:41 PM   #4
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
It is a great looking bike but it probably won't sell for sh*t here in America which is too bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYUgqHOjwrU
Old 11-02-2010, 06:43 PM   #5
SManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SManZ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toytacoma22 View Post
Ehhh it's okay but I think I rather opt for a Ducati Monster or an MV Agusta Brutale.
Diff'rent strokes My riding buddy is all about the v-twins. I gotta admit the power is addicting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
I'm kinda waiting to see what yamaha's new R1 will look like and if there going to add more superbike features.
I'd bank on it coming. With Kawi's new Ninja ZX-10 and, and the entire GSX-R line being redone for '11, and the BMW S1000R, its gotta be coming
Old 11-02-2010, 06:52 PM   #6
speedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
speedfreek's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! Love the single side swingarm. It's tempting..maybe if I sell my CBR.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:11 AM   #7

SManZ's Tacoma Gallery
[quote=tinker_troy;2346191]It is a great looking bike but it probably won't sell for sh*t here in America which is too bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYUgqHOjwrU[/quote]

Neat video (minus all the stunting!). Looks like both those bikes can rail a corner

On a side note, great soundtrack! Downloading Animal Alpha off of Amazon!
Old 11-05-2010, 12:24 AM   #8
Nitronick will become famous soon enoughNitronick will become famous soon enough
Name: Nick
Nitronick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SManZ View Post
Looks like the sport standards are making a comeback...

The CB1000R is coming to the US in '11!

http://powersports.honda.com/2011/cb1000r.aspx

I'm on an '06 Yamaha FZ1 (Gen II) and I'm going to wait until Yamaha does the Gen III (hopefully in '12) before I make a move, but its looking like a good year for the standards.

Kawasaki has the new Ninja 1000 (upright faired 1L) and Z1000 (naked)
Suzuki is kind of bringing up the rear with a new faired version of the old Bandit 1250. I read something about a sport standard with a GSX-R750 motor?
Yamaha soliders on with the 5th model year of the Gen II and the FZ6

I'm really into Japanese bikes, but the Ducati streetfighters and the new Triumph Speed Triple are out too

that bike looks exactly like kawi's new er6n
Old 11-05-2010, 03:55 AM   #9

SManZ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitronick View Post
that bike looks exactly like kawi's new er6n
Hmm...it does have some styling cues from the ER-6n, like the radiator side covers, but the two bikes could not be any more different. The ER-6n is an entry-level bike with a parallel twin 650. The Honda is a liter bike, fully adjustable suspension, single sided swingarm, lots of nice stuff Its more similar to an FZ1 or Z1000. I'm looking forward to a local demo day.

My buddy is railing me about liking this bike mainly because I've said more than once "I'll never buy a Honda sportbike" The CBRs are unnecessarily hard to work on and they just made me swear off of Hondas in general. On my his '05 600RR we needed a tool out of the tool kit to get to the tool kit behind the fairing. If you've ever taken the battery out of one, you know the needless frustration of dealing with those bolts and nuts holding the bracket in place when they could have easily threaded the frame to accept those bolts. I hope no one has had to change a throttle cable on the 1000RR...
Old 11-10-2010, 01:13 PM   #10
Nitronick will become famous soon enoughNitronick will become famous soon enough
Nitronick's Tacoma Gallery
Yea, i was just comparing the radiator shrouds and the headlight..

really? because the honda dirtbikes are easily the easiest and most ergonomic bikes out of the the Japanese bikes to work on.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:53 PM   #11
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
Not quite as good looking as the CB1000R but I thought I would share it.
Ride for Kids will be raffling off this Greggs Custom CBR1000RR this year...

http://hellforleathermagazine.com/20...ids-cbr1000rr/
Old 12-05-2010, 07:37 AM   #13
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
whats the difference between these and like an r1?
Old 12-05-2010, 07:40 AM   #14
Clever white boy.
wired_af is on a distinguished road

Name: Alex
wired_af's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice! Good to see more naked bikes! Although I'm still partial to the Ducati Streetfighter

Can't get over the sound..
Old 12-05-2010, 07:40 AM   #15

SManZ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
whats the difference between these and like an r1?
Mechanically, not much. But the sport standards have a more upright riding position so they're more comfortable for longer rides.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:16 AM   #16
Facial bones colapse as I crack your skull in half
WTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
WTtoolman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My buddy is railing me about liking this bike mainly because I've said more than once "I'll never buy a Honda sportbike" The CBRs are unnecessarily hard to work on and they just made me swear off of Hondas in general. On my his '05 600RR we needed a tool out of the tool kit to get to the tool kit behind the fairing. If you've ever taken the battery out of one, you know the needless frustration of dealing with those bolts and nuts holding the bracket in place when they could have easily threaded the frame to accept those bolts. I hope no one has had to change a throttle cable on the 1000RR...
I'm with your buddy on this one!! I'll never own a Honda! They make doing the most routine maintenance, and or repair jobs(i.e throttle cables, vtx valve adjustments, vfr valve adjustments) way more difficult than it needs to be. If you want to have some real fun, try working on a goldwing! Anyways, Honda is the king of over-promising and under-delivering. Honda press statements come out saying 165 horsepower at the wheel, then when it comes out, you're lucky to get 130. Then we have to explain to some customer why his $15,000 cbr isn't putting out what the magazine says. Sometimes, they come out with something really cool but you just know it's going to be a pain in the ass to work on. Unfortunately, I have to work on these things everyday. BTW, the Kawasaki Z1 is bad ass!!
Old 12-05-2010, 08:20 AM   #17
Facial bones colapse as I crack your skull in half
WTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
WTtoolman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wired_af View Post

Can't get over the sound..
You will, once you see the cost to own/maintain/accessorize!!!
Old 12-05-2010, 10:26 AM   #18
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Mechanically, not much. But the sport standards have a more upright riding position so they're more comfortable for longer rides.
whats faster?
Old 12-05-2010, 10:31 AM   #19
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
whats faster?
Haven't looked at the specs but if these bikes compare like the FZ-6 and the R6 then they have different gearing (making the R6 faster) as well as different riding position, no fairing, etc.

So I'd say the R1 is faster if they follow the same ideas.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:34 AM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumNutz View Post
Haven't looked at the specs but if these bikes compare like the FZ-6 and the R6 then they have different gearing (making the R6 faster) as well as different riding position, no fairing, etc.

So I'd say the R1 is faster if they follow the same ideas.
gotcha. thanks