LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Motorcycles

Notices

Stabalizing a motorcycle in the bed

Old 09-21-2012, 02:19 PM   #21
"the soulless ginger"
PAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
PAlittlematty's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of bike?
Old 09-21-2012, 02:29 PM   #22
ikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud of

Marines: 3rd Force Reconnaissance Company
Name: Andrew
ikillterrorists's Tacoma Gallery
Ducati Monster 695...370 lbs I believe
Old 09-21-2012, 03:06 PM   #23
"the soulless ginger"
PAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Just to get it home? How far of a drive?
Old 09-21-2012, 03:12 PM   #24
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by obanion63 View Post
I have a 2010 Tacoma long bed. I wanted to add some additional D-rings in the front of the bed to secure my 2001 Honda Shadow. I went to truck shop and they said that adding new D-rings was not possible with the compsite bed Tacomas come with.

Would the rings on the slide tracks around the bed work? I know they say max load 250lbs but my concern is they are high and it would be harder to tighten the front fork down.

Any suggestions on how to securly strap the bike down would be great!
I didnt read the whole thread but your better strapping the bike out than you are down. The more horizontal the straps are the better it will hold the bike. When they point down the bike has more leverage to sway back and forth
Old 09-21-2012, 03:27 PM   #26
Large Member
jmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CIVILIAN/ E-5
Name: Jess
jmarquez808's Tacoma Gallery
Or just tie under the tripples to the tie downs on the side and tie swingarm to the bed anchors. drive slow it will be fine, if my cbr1000 never went down on these hawaii roads urs should be good
Old 09-21-2012, 03:34 PM   #27
ikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAlittlematty View Post
Just to get it home? How far of a drive?
40 miles, through city and highway
Old 09-21-2012, 03:36 PM   #28
"the soulless ginger"

Drive slOw and be gentle. I hauled my gsxr 4 hours for track days and used the bed rail cleats
Old 09-21-2012, 03:37 PM   #29

Holy crap haha okay that gives me hope
Old 09-26-2012, 09:41 PM   #31
Disco Disco...
SGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: NBCNCO, HHC, 1-158 INF
Name: Scott
SGT Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by obanion63 View Post
I have a 2010 Tacoma long bed. I wanted to add some additional D-rings in the front of the bed to secure my 2001 Honda Shadow. I went to truck shop and they said that adding new D-rings was not possible with the compsite bed Tacomas come with.

Would the rings on the slide tracks around the bed work? I know they say max load 250lbs but my concern is they are high and it would be harder to tighten the front fork down.

Any suggestions on how to securly strap the bike down would be great!
The tracks are very strong! I used to haul my 1507 CC Victory (dry weight of 650 lbs) all over the place using just those... until...

The rails never budged, but the tailgate crunched under the weight of the bike after going over a speed hump that i kinda did not see in the road.

I went right over to the dealership and talked to the service manager... Thank god that i voiced my concern of buying a short bed with the salesmen before i bought it because i let him know i haul bikes all the time, and he said that it would be no problem and he admitted to telling me that, after it happened. After everything was said and done, They bought me a new painted tailgate!

Now i have a 4 foot piece of 2" angle iron running the width of the tailgate welded to a 1/4" sheet of steel that the rear tire of the bike sits on to distribute the weight. Have not had a problem since!
Old 11-20-2012, 07:42 AM   #33
GoodSouthernBoy is on a distinguished road
GoodSouthernBoy's Tacoma Gallery
Know this is an old thread, but I'm on the fence with purchasing a double cab short bed or an access cab with 6ft bed. I won't be hauling my bike very often, but I would like to have the ability to in those rare instances.

@SGT_Taco
I have a Shadow Spirit 750 that's much lighter than your Victory, but I was curious to know more about your reinforcement solution.

Do you have any pictures of what you did to distribute the weight? Thanks for posting your experience.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:28 PM   #34
Super Taco
mattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mattgecko's Tacoma Gallery
I might be mistaken but I believe Toyota fixed the tailgate issue, there tailgate TSB was for the 2008 and earlier models.

Relentless Fab makes metal tailgate liner and lip. If you can fab, the drawing (specs) are posted on TW.