1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

INFO/HELP NEEDED PLEASE

Discussion in 'Motorcycles' started by HottyToddy, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Mar 12, 2011 at 8:01 PM
    HottyToddy

HottyToddy [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4x4
    I have a co-worker who is trying to sell his 2001 Yamaha VStar 650 classic with 32,000 miles on it. He is the one who has put the majority of the miles on the bike and has always serviced it properly.. normally every 4,000 miles. He is offering me a really good deal on this bike. It is in nearly perfect condition and has been well maintained. He is asking around $2000 dollars for the bike. What do you guys think? I am open for any suggestions as I am trying to figure out if this is the starter bike that I am looking around to purchase. I am primarily looking for a bike to ride around town and to and from school. Thanks.

2. Mar 12, 2011 at 8:28 PM
    island808

island808 Me l've got brains.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jedediah
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    '10 6speed 4x4 access cab
    I think its totally worth it. If you pass, ship it out here. I just bought a piece of shit 650 vstar for 1500. Talked him down from 25. Others in the craigslist were going for mid 3-5000. Paid 3500 (if i recall right) for a 1999 vstar classic 650 in 2005-7 era.
    Different market, but I can't imagine its THAT different.

They're a good bike, fun to ride, good engine, and air cooled, so the best for trying to mod it up to look retro.

Nothing says crap rat like a radiator.

Products Discussed in

To Top