Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Motorcycles

Notices

Honda 750 Shadow Spirit & Aero

Old 03-19-2011, 06:10 PM   #1
Waverly has a spectacular aura aboutWaverly has a spectacular aura about

Waverly's Tacoma Gallery
Honda 750 Shadow Spirit & Aero

Boy they look appetizing.....They are on sale at a dealer for $5327.0 in Va where a buddy bought a bike last year!!
How do you guys like your Shadows?
Old 03-20-2011, 02:15 AM   #2
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
I don't like the shadow, not particularly because of any thing it IS, more of the things its not. Its NOT a vstar. The v-star is nicer and same price to cheaper. You lose nothing and gain some nice yamaha-ness and its a prettier bike (liquid cooling is for fuel injected 4 cylinders). Yammy even gets metal fenders (think still) in the classic. Honda's a fine ride, but not all that the v-star is.

I have found that the honda seems to look worse after a few years than the V-star, but there's probably a better chance of someone caring for a v-star than a honda. Just a few more people buying the yammy that really care about the design etc.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:56 AM   #3
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Hardscrabble's Tacoma Gallery
Pick the one you like and go for it. Gasoline isn't getting any cheaper.

I don't know your experience level, but consider taking a MSF course if you're a beginner. Lots of good survival skills to be learned. Enjoy.
Old 03-20-2011, 07:05 PM   #4

Waverly's Tacoma Gallery
Which V Starr are you referring to? Been surfing the net on the Yamaha 650 V Star 'Classic' also. I had....several years ago...a 650 Special...nice dependable bike but had some vibrations. The V Star Classic is a V twin and shaft....how comfortable are they on long rides....They are also a sharp looking bike....
Thanks
Old 03-20-2011, 07:11 PM   #5
Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)
AeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shed
AeroCooper's Tacoma Gallery
I agree, the V Stars are great bikes. I've had both the 650 Classic and the 1100 Custom, and they are both awesome. Great ride, plenty of power for street riding, and super cool looks. I took the back seat off my 650 Classic and it gave it a sweet 1950's look.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:44 PM   #6
frog13 is on a distinguished road
frog13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by island808 View Post
I don't like the shadow, not particularly because of any thing it IS, more of the things its not. Its NOT a vstar. The v-star is nicer and same price to cheaper. You lose nothing and gain some nice yamaha-ness and its a prettier bike (liquid cooling is for fuel injected 4 cylinders). Yammy even gets metal fenders (think still) in the classic. Honda's a fine ride, but not all that the v-star is.

I have found that the honda seems to look worse after a few years than the V-star, but there's probably a better chance of someone caring for a v-star than a honda. Just a few more people buying the yammy that really care about the design etc.
All opinion....cheaper is for a reason,usually an inferior product.Would rather have "plastic" fenders anyway...less costly to replace etc.FI is for anything it's engineered for.And yes, you would be missing Honda quality....Yam. does not afford this.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:47 PM   #7
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waverly View Post
Boy they look appetizing.....They are on sale at a dealer for $5327.0 in Va where a buddy bought a bike last year!!
How do you guys like your Shadows?
I had an 07 shadow 750 spirit, and I didn't like it. not a lot of power and wasn't comfortable at highway speeds. IMO get a 1300 if you can.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:58 PM   #8

Waverly's Tacoma Gallery
This is the bike that I'm buying......for better or worse

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/photog...VStar950-1.jpg
Old 03-31-2011, 10:11 PM   #10
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
Im not a huge fan of the look, but you wont be let down by a star bike. Actually looking at it again, its not bad, I just don't like a cruiser on cast aluminum or magnesium wheels. Spokes for me thanks. On any other kind of bike though, they're fine.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:32 PM   #11
Dimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
Dimonback's Tacoma Gallery
The VStar is a good looking bike. I understand that price range doesn't exist in American made iron- and that's a shame.