Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Motorcycles

Notices

anyone ride trials???

Old 05-04-2011, 05:32 AM   #1
"the soulless ginger"
PAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
PAlittlematty's Tacoma Gallery
anyone ride trials???

Just wonderin if anyones into trials. I sold my 04 GSXR 600 last week and bought a gently used 08 sherco 290. Member of a local club that's full of history and knowledge.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:39 AM   #2
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Blacksheep of the DOD
Name: Beau
woody6047's Tacoma Gallery
no but i want to You got pictures or am i just blocked from photobucket? Are those bad boys 2 or 4 stroke?
Old 05-04-2011, 05:45 AM   #3
"the soulless ginger"
PAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nah I haven't posted any pics yet. Dunno that I evenj took a picture of it. Most of the bikes you see are.2 strokes but they make 4 strokes. They're soooo much fun. You have to learn to do tricks to ride one and do well. A lot cheaper n safer too
Old 05-04-2011, 05:51 AM   #4
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAlittlematty View Post
Nah I haven't posted any pics yet. Dunno that I evenj took a picture of it. Most of the bikes you see are.2 strokes but they make 4 strokes. They're soooo much fun. You have to learn to do tricks to ride one and do well. A lot cheaper n safer too
I would imagine a 4 stroke would be more ideal, because the 2 strokes can be very torquey(sp) especially if you hit it in the powerband.... but the disadvantage of the 4 is they are heavier and have a bigger displacement than the 2 strokes.... so i dunno.... i do love me some 2 stroke action tho... no-home
Old 05-04-2011, 05:55 AM   #5
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody6047 View Post
I would imagine a 4 stroke would be more ideal, because the 2 strokes can be very torquey(sp) especially if you hit it in the powerband.... but the disadvantage of the 4 is they are heavier and have a bigger displacement than the 2 strokes.... so i dunno.... i do love me some 2 stroke action tho... no-home
2 strokes are meant to be full throttle.nothing worse than fouling plugs In the middle of no where.4strokes Is a must for trail riding
Old 05-04-2011, 06:02 AM   #6
McGrubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
2 strokes are meant to be full throttle.nothing worse than fouling plugs In the middle of no where.4strokes Is a must for trail riding
ehh only yamiis foul plugs i raced cr125's and 250's for years, just gettin my 4 strokes under my belt now. But i agree 2 stroke balls to the wall, 4 strokes have made me a lazy rider
Old 05-04-2011, 06:10 AM   #7
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ehh only yamiis foul plugs i raced cr125's and 250's for years, just gettin my 4 strokes under my belt now. But i agree 2 stroke balls to the wall, 4 strokes have made me a lazy rider
Leave my poor old banshee alone lol
Old 05-04-2011, 06:19 AM   #8
"the soulless ginger"

Rarely do ya foul a plug on a trials, the shercos at least. The premix is 80:1. They load up a little on occasion but don't usually foul plugs. From what I'm told the 4strokes are a PITA sometimes, stallin, not runnin right, heavier, etc etc. Only 2 guys out of probably 100 in our club that run 4s. If you've never ridden a trials bike you learn very fast how much torque they have down low(2strokes). Ya feel like you're drivin a john deere
Old 05-04-2011, 06:22 AM   #9
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAlittlematty View Post
Just wonderin if anyones into trials. I sold my 04 GSXR 600 last week and bought a gently used 08 sherco 290. Member of a local club that's full of history and knowledge.
No, I don't ride trials.

Nor do I ride trAIls.

Old 05-04-2011, 06:44 AM   #10
"the soulless ginger"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
No, I don't ride trials.

Nor do I ride trAIls.

I'm sorry to hear that
Old 05-04-2011, 09:20 AM   #11
McGrubber

Trials would be soo badass but i have only seen one Trials bike here in Texas... im sure there might be some neat places to go tho.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:31 AM   #12
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
I've been on Trial a couple times, why do you ask... you the police?
Old 05-04-2011, 09:44 AM   #13
"the soulless ginger"

Quote:
Trials would be soo badass but i have only seen one Trials bike here in Texas... im sure there might be some neat places to go tho.
Yeah that's where logan was just at for the national. Blackwell, texas. There's dealers out there somewhere. Ray peters, an ex pro and now expert class rider, is from somewhere in the area.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:41 PM   #14
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
No, I don't ride trials.

Nor do I ride trAIls.

I assumed he meant this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zPNQAZMVOA
Old 05-08-2011, 05:02 AM   #15
"the soulless ginger"

Correct
Old 05-08-2011, 07:22 PM   #16
oldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud of
oldtimertoyota's Tacoma Gallery
I'm currently rebuilding a vintage trials bike, a 75 Ossa MAR 350, the bike now looks alot better then the picture(old picture). Trials bikes a great fun

Old 05-08-2011, 07:25 PM   #17
"the soulless ginger"

nice machine! guy that talked me into ridin has a mid eighties reflex thats mint. some modifications done to it but its a beauty.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:28 PM   #18
is one of the sharper tools in the shed
truckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
truckboattruck's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLbQO...eature=related