Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Motorcycles

Notices

Looking at buying a "Pocket Rocket" 600cc

Old 05-08-2011, 10:29 PM   #1
rharris5551 is on a distinguished road

Name: Ryan
rharris5551's Tacoma Gallery
Looking at buying a "Pocket Rocket" 600cc

thinking about buying either r6, cbr600rr, or gsxr 600 within the next week, around the yr model 07-08, not to new, not to old.....

just seein if anyone had any inputs on these bikes, and if you have any pictures of these bikes post them

thanks
Old 05-09-2011, 08:10 PM   #3
Official Flatlander
Gieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gieser's Tacoma Gallery
what no Kawi? lol
as far as im concerned they are all great bikes. there japanese, they make good stuff.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:11 PM   #4
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
R6 or gsxr
Old 05-09-2011, 08:16 PM   #5
Tbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
Tbird's Tacoma Gallery
None of those are "pocket" bikes...just "crotch" bikes. I've ridden for 20+ years and still don't see the appeal in riding an uncomfortable bike that has way more power than you need/can use...UNLESS YOU ARE TRACK RACING. I prefer the Sport Touring bikes and dual sports. I currently have a Yamaha FJR1300 Sport Touring bike. Sweet on the sport and comfortable enough I can ride it all day. Got the Honda XR650L for the dirt/street combo.

I guess I get tired of seeing rice burners acting a fool on the public streets; giving the rest of us rides a bad name...so I'm prejudiced against them.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:30 PM   #6
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbird View Post
None of those are "pocket" bikes...just "crotch" bikes. I've ridden for 20+ years and still don't see the appeal in riding an uncomfortable bike that has way more power than you need/can use...UNLESS YOU ARE TRACK RACING. I prefer the Sport Touring bikes and dual sports. I currently have a Yamaha FJR1300 Sport Touring bike. Sweet on the sport and comfortable enough I can ride it all day. Got the Honda XR650L for the dirt/street combo.

I guess I get tired of seeing rice burners acting a fool on the public streets; giving the rest of us rides a bad name...so I'm prejudiced against them.
For me riding a sport bike isn't uncomfortable.i feel in control in that position. I don't like the feeling of sitting on a bike like I'm on a couch with my feet on the highway pegs.I agree with all the idiots speeding around like assholes. Most barely have any time/miles under thier belts.Than there are the Harley guys who just bar hop and get smashed and ride.If i ride again I'm all for a dual sport of some kind
Old 05-09-2011, 08:36 PM   #7
"the soulless ginger"
PAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
PAlittlematty's Tacoma Gallery
you dont need a sportbike. theyre dangerous. i owned one for 3 years. in that timespan i lost 2 friends on them. both on the road. any type of super sport motorcycle should be taken to a track and used there strictly. dont get me wrong, i would still love to go drag a knee on a backroad and raise some hell, but its not safe on public roads. 600cc would be the most motor you would ever need unless youre a dedicated AMA expert racer. litre bikes are not for the faint of heart. i could go on n on n on but ill stop now. i sold mine to buy a trials bike. if ya do get one, make sure you wear gear. full race gear too. helmet, leather suit, gauntlet gloves, and race boots. the gsxr and r6 are your best bet. be safe!
Old 05-10-2011, 07:10 AM   #8
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbird View Post

Lets not start a my type of bike is better battle- It's bad enuf that cars try to kill us all. Some Harley drivers drink and drive, some sport bike riders speed, some enduro/dual sport guys drive where they aren't supposed to. No one group/type of rider is perfect.
And my CBR is plenty comfortable for the amount of riding I do. I don't have the time nor inclination to go ride for 10 hours a day. Back and forth to work and the store, weekend rides with the wife, and the occasional track weekend.

OP- I ride a 2007 CBR600RR....Got it when they first came out uncrated it and have loved riding it since then. I looked at the CBR and the R6 because those were the top two middle weight bikes that year. The seating position on the R6 was just a little higher and wider than I liked so I went with the Honda. The R6 rides nice but is tuned better for the track than the street.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:25 AM   #9
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
IMO they are all great bikes. I always rode the cbr 600's because they felt more roomy and comfortable to me. The gixxer and the R6 have a more aggressive riding position. Your butt is way up and that puts more weight on your hands and wrists. Plus the rearsets are up higher so as not to drag, but that makes for cramped legs for me anyways. I haven't owned a Kawi 600, but my friend has one and he loves it.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:28 AM   #10
Nuttier than squirrel shit.
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
BFA's Tacoma Gallery
pocket rockets are generally a female product... its unacceptable to play with yourself on your bike.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:29 AM   #11
Machine gun shits

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFA View Post
pocket rockets are generally a female product... its unacceptable to play with yourself on your bike.
What if he is parked and not riding??
Old 05-10-2011, 08:31 AM   #12
Nuttier than squirrel shit.
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
BFA's Tacoma Gallery
then hes gay.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:59 AM   #13
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Yamaha FZ6R & added sw motech 1" up & 1" back motech risers to it. Very comfortable yet sporty. Mine is yellow.
You can get them used for around 4k.
oops sorry its not one of the bikes you asked about doh!
Old 05-10-2011, 09:04 AM   #14
mxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
mxnborder's Tacoma Gallery
I got this 2002 CBR 600 a few weeks ago and love it! I almost pulled the trigger on a few newer R6's but i am so glad i got this instead its way more comfortable and wicked fast!
I agree with most of the people above in the danger on bikes i try to avoid freeways and highly traveled roads, i take backroads to my work- longer ride but funner and safer for sure!
I think the R6 look alot better in the older years but the new CBRs look real sick too
Mine is the red one below and the black is my cousins little ninja 250 lol
Old 05-10-2011, 09:05 AM   #15
808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
808matt's Tacoma Gallery
best thing you can do is sit on ALL of them and choose which riding position best suits you. unless youre racing them or stunting you'll be spending most of your time in that "cruising" position. i've only owned a r6 but rode a gsxr600 once. IMO cant go wrong with the r6 and with the gsxr i had to put alot of effort into a lean (pushing down on the handle bar) to turn. it all comes down to preference or in some people looks
Old 05-10-2011, 10:59 AM   #16
Racerboy221 will become famous soon enoughRacerboy221 will become famous soon enough

Army: Counter Intelligence at NSA
Name: Bill
Racerboy221's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Racerboy221
Lots of great deals out there with the economy being so shitty....I have been riding for 28 years, had betther tan 40 bikes along the way. From 99 through 09 I was a die-hard GSXR fan both on the street as well as on the track. Then my racing partner got into a Triumph Daytona 675. After taking that to Deals Gap for 9 days, I was hooked! I ended up with a 2010 Special edition pictured below. What a great machine!! They care out in 2006 and like I said, there are some sick deals available. Keep an eye open for them and when the right bike comes along, you'll know it. Good luck with the purchase!

Old 05-10-2011, 11:18 AM   #17
beerdrinkr is on a distinguished road

Name: justin
beerdrinkr's Tacoma Gallery
I had this beauty it was a 05 cbr 600rr it was real fun to ride you just must watch out for everyone else i found that out the hard way as i got rearended at 35-40 mph all i heard was him lock his breaks and i ended up with a compression fracture on my T12 vertabrae still not 100% better. So you can start on a 600 just ride outside of the city limits my only advise i can give...
Attached Thumbnails
Looking at buying a "Pocket Rocket" 600cc-094.jpg  
Old 05-11-2011, 09:46 AM   #18
scollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Scott
scollins's Tacoma Gallery
This made me laugh when I first saw it.
Attached Thumbnails
Looking at buying a "Pocket Rocket" 600cc-motorcycle.jpg  
Old 05-11-2011, 09:48 AM   #19
mxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
mxnborder's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scollins View Post
This made me laugh when I first saw it.
hahaha thats so great
Old 05-11-2011, 02:28 PM   #20
rharris5551 is on a distinguished road

Name: Ryan
rharris5551's Tacoma Gallery
decided not to go with the sport bike, been looking awful hard at some supermotard bikes such as the drz 400, aprilia sxv 550 and few more but these 2 caught my eye, anyone know their way around these bikes and if they're dependable, not gonna do any interstate driving, just around town, to work, and the highway occasionally, thanks