Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Motorcycles

Notices

Don't buy a Harley Davidson it might weeble wobble and crash

Old 06-23-2011, 01:48 AM   #21
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
The Harley wobble is well documented. Not corrected because it is not worth it. Ride like a tool and die seems to be harleys stance. No cases has anyone ever been riding legally. Frankly outside a showroom I've never seen a legal Harley. 99.9% fashion riders anyway. Who cares
Old 06-23-2011, 03:43 AM   #22
808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
808matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by island808 View Post
The Harley wobble is well documented. Not corrected because it is not worth it. Ride like a tool and die seems to be harleys stance. No cases has anyone ever been riding legally. Frankly outside a showroom I've never seen a legal Harley. 99.9% fashion riders anyway. Who cares
so people who ride harleys are fashion riders? why is that?
Old 06-23-2011, 10:23 AM   #23
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
is that a question... think that's pretty obvious...

and just the overwhelming majority are vain fashion riders.... you know loud pipes, and costumes, expensive bikes with fashion add ons, weekend rides in groups ... fashion riders.. its a look.. like a tattoo or a drag queen

i have seen a handful of people that actually ride and for some reason choose a harley.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:34 AM   #24
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
I would say a good percentage of bikers (in America that is) are fashion riders no matter what kind of bike they are on.
Doesn't matter if you choose to dress up like a Power Ranger or one of the Village People, most are concerned with looking cool more than they care about the actual riding.
Which is fine, we all do it (by we I mean human beings not just bikers) to some extent.

WTF was this thread about again?
Old 06-23-2011, 10:45 AM   #25
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker_troy View Post

WTF was this thread about again?

Pigs may be able to fly but can't maneuver for shit.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:46 AM   #26
Facial bones colapse as I crack your skull in half
WTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
WTtoolman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by buck View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4ZfaDjxDBs

Ride to pretend, pretend to ride.

Unbelievably AWESOME!! I'm a non-harley tech at a large jap dealership and can't wait to post this!! It's exactly the same stuff I've been saying for 10+ years!!! How many rep points are we allowed to send another member!!!???
Old 06-23-2011, 10:56 AM   #27
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
anyone stupid enough to go 90+ on a harley has no brain IMO. Especially the 95% of them that wear either no helmet, or a glorified bicycle helmet.

Anyone ever notice how most d-bag harley riders never wave to you if you're on a jap bike?
Old 06-23-2011, 10:59 AM   #28
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
anyone stupid enough to go 90+ on a harley has no brain IMO. Especially the 95% of them that wear either no helmet, or a glorified bicycle helmet.

Anyone ever notice how most d-bag harley riders never wave to you if you're on a jap bike?
yep.....thats when at that last second i go big BIRD FINGER

i am waiting for the roads to dry.

need some throttle therapy on my day off.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:02 AM   #29
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by crf69 View Post
yep.....thats when at that last second i go big BIRD FINGER

i am waiting for the roads to dry.

need some throttle therapy on my day off.
lol, they probably don't even notice. Too busy looking "cool"...
Old 06-23-2011, 11:10 AM   #30
WTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

On a side note, does anybody know where I can find the "If Harley made an airplane, would you fly in it?" Tshirt? I've been looking for one for years and have never found it. Provide a link if possible please.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:11 AM   #31
THE RED DRAGON!!
TexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
TexasIslandBoy's Tacoma Gallery
all harley do that with out the neck bearing being tight i have fixed 1000"s of them its the same thing when you ride a dirtbike
Old 06-23-2011, 11:12 AM   #32

Quote:

Must be a regional thing. Here in the midwest, a vast majority will wave back. When I lived in Las Vegas, rarely would a harley rider wave.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:14 AM   #33
braaap

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTtoolman View Post
Must be a regional thing. Here in the midwest, a vast majority will wave back. When I lived in Las Vegas, rarely would a harley rider wave.
yeah I have notice people in the midwest are just generally nicer.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:18 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasIslandBoy View Post
all harley do that with out the neck bearing being tight i have fixed 1000"s of them its the same thing when you ride a dirtbike
I've been on lots of clapped-out POS dirtbikes, and never, ever had one go into a death wobble! Harley-Davidson owners are made to believe it's them, not the bike. It's simply not possible that they could have a flaw. And how dare you question the almighty Harley-Davidson!
Old 06-23-2011, 11:20 AM   #35
braaap

Quote:
I've been on lots of clapped-out POS dirtbikes, and never, ever had one go into a death wobble! Harley-Davidson owners are made to believe it's them, not the bike. It's simply not possible that they could have a flaw. And how dare you question the almighty Harley-Davidson!
x2.

and it's more bad suspension setup than anything that causes tank slapping on a dirtbike (mostly on whoops).
Old 06-23-2011, 11:28 AM   #36
THE RED DRAGON!!
TexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
have you ever raced dirtbikes? and no at the shop we worked at if a bike came in and they said it wobbled it was always the neck bearing they always wear in around 20k miles
Old 06-23-2011, 11:29 AM   #37
THE RED DRAGON!!

Quote:
x2.

and it's more bad suspension setup than anything that causes tank slapping on a dirtbike (mostly on whoops).
all the new harley's have the same forks as honda's do...
Old 06-23-2011, 11:31 AM   #38
RoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to behold

RoyR's Tacoma Gallery
Going fast on a Harley is suicide...bikes are shit and not made for anything but low-speed cruising, hopefully short distances, so that the nuts and bolts that fall off can be picked up later.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:32 AM   #39
braaap

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasIslandBoy View Post
all the new harley's have the same forks as honda's do...
lol at the harley riders thinking they're on "American iron".

still, it's not the brand of suspension, it is the valving/spring rates that im talking about.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:38 AM   #40
I'm Not Your F***ing Brother
Paul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Paul's TRD's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=Superx2;3228032] my asshole did some major puckering up! QUOTE]

So do most peoples asshole's just stay open breathing or something until they experience something frightening? Mine is always puckered up.