Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Motorcycles

Notices

Don't buy a Harley Davidson it might weeble wobble and crash

Old 06-23-2011, 10:39 AM   #41
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=Paul's TRD;3348289]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superx2 View Post
my asshole did some major puckering up! QUOTE]

So do most peoples asshole's just stay open breathing or something until they experience something frightening? Mine is always puckered up.
+1
Old 06-23-2011, 10:39 AM   #42
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
How about don't buy a Harley since all they do is leak oil?
Old 06-23-2011, 10:41 AM   #43
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
How about don't buy a Harley since all they do is leak oil?
they also apparently rattle the neck bearings so much they go out after 20k miles.

better bust out the red locktite for every nut and bolt on these things.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:42 AM   #44
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
they also apparently rattle the neck bearings so much they go out after 20k miles.

They are badass bikes but I just wouldn't own one. I would be fine on a Yamaha wannabe. But then I would never own a road bike in So Cal.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:00 AM   #45
Facial bones colapse as I crack your skull in half
WTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
WTtoolman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasIslandBoy View Post
all the new harley's have the same forks as honda's do...
Just because they their fork is made by the same company doesn't mean they're the same. Each motorcycle manufacturer has their suspension built to their specs, not the suspension companies specs. They just build what the bike manufactuer wants. I guess my shocks are the same ones they run on the trophy trucks since they say bilstein on the side.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:19 PM   #46
opinions are like assholes; everyones got one.
TacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TacoSport's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by island808 View Post
is that a question... think that's pretty obvious...

and just the overwhelming majority are vain fashion riders.... you know loud pipes, and costumes, expensive bikes with fashion add ons, weekend rides in groups ... fashion riders.. its a look.. like a tattoo or a drag queen

i have seen a handful of people that actually ride and for some reason choose a harley.
You sure sound like the guy that rides a Yamaha v-twin (CLONE) from N Carolina. Sure, there are plenty of posers that ride HD and I ignore them for the most part, but the posers that bug me the most are the ones on metrics with shit exhaust that sounds like a pop corn machine, and they always have to crank it up WTF

BTW: My first tank slap experience was on a Yamaha 500 back in the '70's. HD did not invent tank slap or whatever you want to call it.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:30 PM   #48
TacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post

You must be reading about pre-evo. LMAO
Old 06-23-2011, 03:16 PM   #50
Facial bones colapse as I crack your skull in half
WTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
WTtoolman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadToy View Post
sounds like a floor mat problem
All the throttle tubes must be ground down stat!!
Old 06-23-2011, 03:29 PM   #51
RoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
I own a harley and don't own any harley apparel Washed it maybe 3 times in 2 years. I will ride it to work- construction sites. Guess I am your typical poser fashion rider.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:32 PM   #52
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyB View Post
I own a harley and don't own any harley apparel Washed it maybe 3 times in 2 years. I will ride it to work- construction sites. Guess I am your typical poser fashion rider.
it's all about being on the road man.

when it comes down to it.

just bike choice depends on how you would like to handle it.

like this guy....

he don't care about flex in his handlebars.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:40 PM   #53
Quote:
Originally Posted by crf69 View Post
it's all about being on the road man.

when it comes down to it.

just bike choice depends on how you would like to handle it.

like this guy....

he don't care about flex in his handlebars.
That pic looks to be a bit distorted, and those braids on the grips are a clear indication of a poser. I'm guessing the tool bag is empty too.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:50 PM   #54
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
I ride a Harley, '06 Electra Glide Ultra Classic, never had it wobble on me.

I don't consider myself a 'harley person', I don't wear costumes, just proper safety gear; I don't go to rallies or harley rides. I just really like riding it down the highway at 90mph, gf on back, and all our gear stowed away in the ample storage, while being super comfortable. It's a great machine, even has a stereo; just change the oil regularly.

I grew up riding dirtbikes, now my main whip is a Suzuki DR650 dual sport modded for offroad, my play bike is a YZ250 2 stroke, and my travel bike the Harley. I only ride the harley if my gf wants to go and the ride is longer than a couple hours.

I would ride any bike if I liked it as much as the Harley. And any gear-head can appreciate a loud-ass set of pipes when you twist the throttle, regardless of where it was made or how it's branded.

It's true, there are plenty of status douches on Harleys, but that's true of the street bikers, dualsported that never see dirt, etc. etc. Hell, to be selfish enough to ride a bike on the street already says something about your ego. Anyone that rides just for transportation 1/2 full of bs, in the US anyway.

My Suzuki is my favorite tho: wheelies, whoops, and a plate!
Old 06-23-2011, 08:22 PM   #55
Resident "dude"
tacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
tacotrd647's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvdeserted View Post
I ride a Harley, '06 Electra Glide Ultra Classic, never had it wobble on me.

I don't consider myself a 'harley person', I don't wear costumes, just proper safety gear; I don't go to rallies or harley rides. I just really like riding it down the highway at 90mph, gf on back, and all our gear stowed away in the ample storage, while being super comfortable. It's a great machine, even has a stereo; just change the oil regularly.

I grew up riding dirtbikes, now my main whip is a Suzuki DR650 dual sport modded for offroad, my play bike is a YZ250 2 stroke, and my travel bike the Harley. I only ride the harley if my gf wants to go and the ride is longer than a couple hours.

I would ride any bike if I liked it as much as the Harley. And any gear-head can appreciate a loud-ass set of pipes when you twist the throttle, regardless of where it was made or how it's branded.

It's true, there are plenty of status douches on Harleys, but that's true of the street bikers, dualsported that never see dirt, etc. etc. Hell, to be selfish enough to ride a bike on the street already says something about your ego. Anyone that rides just for transportation 1/2 full of bs, in the US anyway.

My Suzuki is my favorite tho: wheelies, whoops, and a plate!

I work on bikes for a living, and I HATE loud pipes. Nothing more screams louder "look at me I'm a moron" than that.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:22 AM   #56
808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
808matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyB View Post
that guy seems to "know everything" so i'm with you on being the typical poser fashion rider
Old 06-24-2011, 04:37 AM   #57
Banned
03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
03taco's Tacoma Gallery
i dont get the whole typical poser fashion rider deal, isnt that alot like all of us?
we prefer toyota trucks why? and guys with 2wd lift them why? (im one of those)
because we love the trucks and we love the look of them even if its a pavement pounding mall crawler. and as far as loud pipes my pappy almost got hit more than once because nobody could see him or hear him, not for the rumble or anything but for his safety and my moms safety
Old 06-24-2011, 04:12 PM   #58
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacotrd647 View Post
I work on bikes for a living, and I HATE loud pipes. Nothing more screams louder "look at me I'm a moron" than that.
Well it's hard to read my "I'm a moron shirt" when I'm riding, so the loud pipes just make it easier for you to pick me out of a crowd.

Have you ever ridden a HD Ultra Classic?
Old 06-24-2011, 07:09 PM   #59
Resident "dude"
tacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
tacotrd647's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvdeserted View Post
Well it's hard to read my "I'm a moron shirt" when I'm riding, so the loud pipes just make it easier for you to pick me out of a crowd.

Have you ever ridden a HD Ultra Classic?
Sure have. Our dealership also owns 3 harley dealerships.

I'd take a Victory over an HD anyways.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:24 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacotrd647 View Post
Sure have. Our dealership also owns 3 harley dealerships.

I'd take a Victory over an HD anyways.
Sure, there are lots of bikes I would take. But man, the HD is really nice to ride on long trips. And from my experience, loud pipes are only loud when you're not the one on the bike. Believe me, we have an annual biker gathering downtown... F my ears, and don't plan on sleeping much that week either. The only time I really hear my HD is when I'm twisting hard for fun/adrenaline punch, but under normal riding it really doesn't seem loud.

Plus: wow, you guys run 3 HD shops and you hate loud pipes... must be tough.