Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Motorcycles

Notices

Don't buy a Harley Davidson it might weeble wobble and crash

Old 05-26-2011, 06:39 PM   #1
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Don't buy a Harley Davidson it might weeble wobble and crash

http://www.kpho.com/local-video/inde...deo_id=4697488
Old 05-26-2011, 06:59 PM   #2
TheEh-Team.ca
buck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shed
buck's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4ZfaDjxDBs

Ride to pretend, pretend to ride.

Old 05-26-2011, 07:00 PM   #3
Superx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joey
Superx2's Tacoma Gallery
thats crazy! it actually might be true. i was coming off of interstate 80, getting on hwy 218, and mine did that shake. my asshole did some major puckering up! scared the fuck out of me and now i dont ride so fast.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:04 PM   #4
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by buck View Post

THAT was funny
Old 05-26-2011, 07:11 PM   #5
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

OMFG im laughing my fucking ass off
Old 05-26-2011, 07:14 PM   #6
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
BMW FTW
Old 05-26-2011, 07:17 PM   #7
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
Lol
Old 05-26-2011, 07:20 PM   #8
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

That is the greates video ever made.I'm stealing for my loser Harley buddies
Old 05-26-2011, 07:20 PM   #9
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
sounds reminiscent of the toyota recals with the "faulty" accelerators.

lets see....
1)happens when owners add on extra parts
2)one officer that experienced it was doing 90........on a harley (with aftermarket stuff on it like serens, etc.). they might have mentioned it, but i can't remember them saying a speed for the second officer.

maybe i'm stubborn, but i'm just sortof skeptical abotu this being harley's fault. sounds an aweful lot like user error. we don't know if the interviewee is being truthful.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:22 PM   #10

crf69's Tacoma Gallery
rider error or not.....

i can see the geometry of a Harley being NOT good.

i can just see it.

plain as day.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:39 PM   #11
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crf69 View Post
rider error or not.....

i can see the geometry of a Harley being NOT good.

i can just see it.

plain as day.
true. i work with a guy who was a harly tech for 8 years and worked as a tech at an independant shop for another 5......he always complains about their setups.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:40 PM   #12
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
And that is why I stay off of bikes.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:13 PM   #13
TheEh-Team.ca
buck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shed
buck's Tacoma Gallery
I rode a harley once.

I'll stick to my Japanese bike. Gay pirates aren't my thing. lol
Old 05-27-2011, 10:16 AM   #14
808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
808matt's Tacoma Gallery
fuck... i just bought a harley
Old 05-27-2011, 10:22 AM   #15

crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
That is the greates video ever made.I'm stealing for my loser Harley buddies
i favorited that fucker the moment i seen it.

to the OP of that....r p 4 u
Old 05-27-2011, 10:25 AM   #16
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808matt View Post
didnt you buy a sportster tho?
Old 05-27-2011, 10:37 AM   #17

crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808matt View Post
they are fine for slow going man....just dont act like you are on a superbike
Old 05-27-2011, 12:01 PM   #18
Quad D will become famous soon enough
Army: 4ID 1BCT, CET/PSD 2tours
Name: Quad
Quad D's Tacoma Gallery
Different Harley's for different uses....just youtube "harley wheelies" you'll see guys on FXR's/Dyna's doing the same stuff "sportbikes" do. And the ol' "death wobble" is almost ALWAYS able to be attributed to low tire pressure/unevenly worn tires/poorly maintained neck bearings etc.... The news tries to sell a "scary" story all the time cause it sells.

IMHO ANY company that takes pride in their product at all and has the r&d money that H-D does puts out a quality product, not a "death trap"...that's the kind of thing any company in this market would fix. And it would be fixed quick.
Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.....

'99 Wide Glide...hopefully soon getting a Road Glide...but may have to get the wife a Super Glide Sport first...
Old 05-28-2011, 01:57 AM   #19
808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
808matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
didnt you buy a sportster tho?
roger that
Old 06-09-2011, 08:54 PM   #20
desmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant future
Law Enforcement: State Trooper
Name: Dave
desmo2's Tacoma Gallery
Harley's aren't designed for going fast and turning. I've experienced the high speed wobble on several occasions, but each time I was running 90+ and in a curve. The guy in the news story said his wobble and resulting crash started at 25 mph...and I am VERY skeptical. I stop short of calling total BS because I wasn't there and I don't presume to have ridden in all possible conditions, but I have never experienced any type of wobble at lower speeds and I have ridden in a bunch of conditions.

This simply shouldn't happen. It is a design flaw that HD can't seem to figure out. I feel it is completely unacceptable for a modern manufacturer to have such a performance deficiency that is so treacherous.

The '08 Electra Glide I had was very bad, but the '11 I have now IS better. The frame has been beefed up and the rear tire is larger. The wobble is still there, but it doesn't occur as easily as before.