Yamaha R6 40 31.25%
Kawasaki Zx-6R 12 9.38%
Suzuki GSXR 600 32 25.00%
Honda CBR 600 31 24.22%
Other 13 10.16%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-05-2011, 09:09 AM   #1
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
Which 600cc Sportbike?

Thinking of getting a new sport bike a bit after I get back from deployment (I just bought a 2011 Ninja 650R, that I'll give to the GF)... But was just thinking of getting a 600... which one do ya'll prefer?

Yamaha R6

Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R

Suzuki GSXR600

Honda CBR600
Old 06-05-2011, 09:10 AM   #2
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
either the r6 or cbr
Old 06-05-2011, 09:15 AM   #3
Fed Taco will become famous soon enough

Name: Cale
Fed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
the triumph 675 is a nice bike, it has a nice powerband, but that honda is pretty sweet too.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:16 AM   #4
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
You really can't go wrong with any of them, but I like the triumph also.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:17 AM   #5
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

solus's Tacoma Gallery
Are they pretty similar?
Old 06-05-2011, 09:18 AM   #6
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Triumph is a good choice as Fed mentioned-At least thing about it. And I like the CBR (I ride a 2007). The R6 is also a good choice.
Since 2007 the R6 has tried to move towards better street manners and the CBR has tried to move towards improvements for the track (From what I've seen/been told). I like the ride from my CBR and the seating position worked better for me. The sprocket swap and PCIII helped with the engine/drive control...
Old 06-05-2011, 09:22 AM   #7
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed Taco View Post
the triumph 675 is a nice bike, it has a nice powerband, but that honda is pretty sweet too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Triumph is a good choice as Fed mentioned-At least thing about it. And I like the CBR (I ride a 2007). The R6 is also a good choice.
Since 2007 the R6 has tried to move towards better street manners and the CBR has tried to move towards improvements for the track (From what I've seen/been told). I like the ride from my CBR and the seating position worked better for me. The sprocket swap and PCIII helped with the engine/drive control...
that triumph is a sexy bike... and not too expensive either. I've been kinda looking through craigslist trying to get the feel for a used 600.

I've heard good things about the 2003-2006 Ninja 636, any one ride one and care to give their opinion?
Old 06-05-2011, 09:26 AM   #8
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going for the R6, it's a slightly longer bike, so much better for ride comfort if your a tall person like me, 6'6".
Old 06-05-2011, 09:31 AM   #9
facemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chase
facemob's Tacoma Gallery
I voted suzuki because im bias. they are all nice bikes to be honest. i have owned a 2000 gsxr 600, and currently a 01 1000, both great bikes even though the 1000 is 10 yrs old. my girlfriend has an 04 gsxr 600 and its a blast to ride. The 1000 is a monster on the highway but around town the 600 takes the cake. with that said i have rode recent models of the yami, and honda 600's and they are awesome bikes as well. Basically with all the big 4's 600's it comes down to personal preference of styling and feel. obviously there are some differences in the technology that goes into them. i know this isnt much help but if i was to do it again, I would get a new gsxr 750. good luck !
Old 06-05-2011, 09:38 AM   #10
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Submarine veteran and Air Force DoD contractor.
Name: Ryan James
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
R6 all day long.

They came in the least to our service department.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:48 AM   #11
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Im gonna throw out a X3 for the Triumph. Wicked sound, street mannors, and performance than the others.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:49 AM   #12
Everything's BIGGER in TX!
Oskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oscar
Oskie_78's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Oskie_78
I would go with a GSXR or R6
Old 06-05-2011, 09:51 AM   #13
leveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
leveltwo's Tacoma Gallery
i have an 08 gsxr 600. its a good bike

all the bikes you have listed are pretty much the same, go sit on them all and see what one fits you the best
Old 06-05-2011, 10:07 AM   #14
Fed Taco will become famous soon enough

Name: Cale
Fed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by solus View Post
that triumph is a sexy bike... and not too expensive either. I've been kinda looking through craigslist trying to get the feel for a used 600.

I've heard good things about the 2003-2006 Ninja 636, any one ride one and care to give their opinion?
I had an 03 636 it was a nice bike, i wish i still had it. Let my friend borrow it and he got hit and totaled the thing. Got insurance $$ but still miss the bike. It was fast enough for me I'd be goingt 130 before I realized and said I better slow the F down.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:20 AM   #15
Life in RVSM
Merovingian is on a distinguished road

Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada and Blaine WA depending on work
Merovingian's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by solus View Post

If you are looking new I would also vote for the Triumph. That bike is a peach. If you decide to look slightly older I would highly recommend the 03-04 ZX636R. I raced an 04 for years and it is a nearly perfect package even against some more modern equipment. The "cheater" extra 36 cc's is really nice for the road and gives you some more grunt compared to the 600 models. Stock it had excellent handling, brakes, suspension and a real great motor. I had no problems with it on the street or after I turned it into a track only bike. The only thing I wish it had was a slipper clutch. The 05-06 models are also excellent but I prefer the look of the 03-04 generation.

As others have said all the current japanese bikes are excellent it really is a question of flavour.

The only other option I could throw into the mix would be to consider a GSXR750. Worth considering if you can find a nice one.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:08 AM   #17
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
There's just so many nice bikes out there I want them all
Old 06-05-2011, 11:10 AM   #18
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
I've been thinking about used Probably no more than 6 years
Old 06-05-2011, 11:25 AM   #19
Styx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Petty Officer
Name: Terrance
Styx586's Tacoma Gallery
OP- How did u like the Ninja 650R? I'm thinkin bout getting one for the wife and I to share.
In ur case I'd go with the CBR or GSX-R.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:28 AM   #20
Banned
TacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoMatt02's Tacoma Gallery
so you want a smaller bike than your gf??? i vote a ducati

Products Discussed in this Thread