Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Motorcycles

Notices

Truck Ramp Recommendations?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-08-2011, 01:43 PM   #1
LifeIsGood169 will become famous soon enough

Name: Greg
LifeIsGood169's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to LifeIsGood169 Send a message via Skype™ to LifeIsGood169
Truck Ramp Recommendations?

I'm looking for a ramp to help load my motorcycle. I don't need anything fancy. Just wondering if anyone here has any experience/recommendations to guide me before I purchase one. The bike is an SV650 & the truck is a 2003 Tacoma 4x4 (not lifted).

Ride safe.
Thanks!
Old 06-09-2011, 08:01 PM   #2
desmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant future
Law Enforcement: State Trooper
Name: Dave
desmo2's Tacoma Gallery
I recently bought a pair of Moose Racing arched folding ramps. I drilled a few holes and bolted the two into one wider ramp. It is very solid and makes loading a snap. The price isn't too bad, either.

http://www.amazon.com/Moose-Racing-A.../dp/B002UNEGXC
Old 06-09-2011, 08:07 PM   #3
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
ive built them out of scrap angle iron before. takes time to cut and weld and all, but easy to do, and FREE!!
Old 06-10-2011, 05:26 AM   #4
TheEh-Team.ca
buck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shed
buck's Tacoma Gallery
If you want a proper ramp, get a folding arched ramp. Steel ones are cheaper, but heavier. Aluminum ones are the opposite.

If you want budget, at our local store similar to your harbour freight, you can get a ramp-end that you screw or nail to a 2 x 10.

If arched, you can run a shorter ramp & not scrape, it straight, you may want one a little longer (over 6 feet).
Old 06-10-2011, 05:52 AM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I've got these and like them a lot. They're an aluminum folding ramp and arched. Light weight, strong and fairly inexpensive.
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...ct_15771_15771

I've used a long 2x10 with the end attachments from home depot for a while, but they're a pain since they don't fold down for traveling.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:18 AM   #6
U no kea but AINOFEA!
kauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Nurse
kauaibuilt's Tacoma Gallery
Used to have this one. Overkill for you but...

Products Discussed in this Thread