Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Motorcycles

Notices

Looking for a new bike with insurance money.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:46 PM   #1
MxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MxRacer190's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for a new bike with insurance money.

Well, I'm wanting to get another bike since I totaled mine a few weeks ago. I don't want to buy another used one because 90% of them are junk. I was looking at new bike and REALLY fell in love with this one

2011 Yamaha FZ8
MSRP*$8,490
ENGINE
Type779cc liquid-cooled inline 4-cylinder; DOHC, 16 valves
Bore x Stroke68.0 x 53.6mm
Compression Ratio12.0:1
Fuel DeliveryFuel Injection
IgnitionDigital TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition with 32-bit ECU Transmission6-speed w/multiplate clutch
Final DriveO-ring chain

CHASSIS
Suspension / Front5.1-in travel
Suspension/Rear5.1-in travel
Brakes / FrontDual 310mm hydraulic discs
Brakes / Rear267mm disc
Tires / Front120/70-ZR17
Tires / Rear180/55-ZR17
DIMENSIONS
Length84.3 in Width30.3 in Height41.9 in
Seat Height32.1 in
Wheelbase57.5 in
Ground Clearance5.5 in
Rake (Caster Angle)25.0°
Trail4.3 in
Fuel Capacity4.5 gal
Fuel Economy**39.8 mpg
Wet Weight***467 lb

I know it's new to the market, but anyone have experience with this bike?
Old 06-14-2011, 09:49 PM   #2
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
I think its kinda ugly IMO. GoodLuck
Old 06-14-2011, 10:00 PM   #3
hetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Defense Contract Management Agency
Name: Howard
hetkind's Tacoma Gallery
that bike looks like fun...
Old 06-14-2011, 10:18 PM   #6
RoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to behold

RoyR's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty sweet...love the naked look...only experience I have is with the R6, awesome bike!

Like the blue a lot!!

http://pituntuel.com/new-yamaha-fz8-...-image-design/
Old 06-14-2011, 10:24 PM   #7
MxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by especk View Post
Thats definitely a nice bike. What are you looking to use it for?

My next bike will be this http://www.suzukicycles.com/Product%.../DRZ400SM.aspx . I had a Honda 600RR but I'd like to get something a little more practicle but still fun - and good on gas too.
Just a daily commuter / weekend rider. I sat on one at the dealer, and it's so comfortable. Seat's a little hard, but meh. I would like a Dual purpose bike, but I use the interstate going to and from school, so I don't think it would handle the hwy very well.

OMg that blue is SMEXY!
Old 06-14-2011, 10:35 PM   #8
korslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
korslite's Tacoma Gallery
The current issue of Cycle World magazine has a comparison test including that bike. Haven't read it yet but you may find it interesting.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:37 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by korslite View Post
The current issue of Cycle World magazine has a comparison test including that bike. Haven't read it yet but you may find it interesting.
Sweet thanks. i'll look for it.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:39 PM   #10
bicklebok has a spectacular aura aboutbicklebok has a spectacular aura aboutbicklebok has a spectacular aura about
Name: Ronnie
bicklebok's Tacoma Gallery
I have an FZ 1. If it's anything like the FZ1, it should be a really good bike.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:42 PM   #11
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like they're trying to compete with the KTM bike (Superduke I think it's called). Sharp looking bike and not a bad price!
Old 06-15-2011, 12:44 PM   #12
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Sucks that you hit a deer man but I'm glad you weren't hurt bad. Maybe it was a sign. I thought you didn't want another bike though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxRacer190 View Post
So, I hit a deer last week while riding my Buell. Bike is most likely totaled, and I don't think I'm going to buy another bike. I had my permit less than 3 weeks, so I think god is giving me a sign lol. Back to giving my truck some TLC.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:50 PM   #15
jjbeenken is a splendid one to beholdjjbeenken is a splendid one to beholdjjbeenken is a splendid one to beholdjjbeenken is a splendid one to beholdjjbeenken is a splendid one to beholdjjbeenken is a splendid one to beholdjjbeenken is a splendid one to behold

Name: Big Daddy Woo Woo
jjbeenken's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MxRacer190 View Post
Well, I'm wanting to get another bike since I totaled mine a few weeks ago. I don't want to buy another used one because 90% of them are junk. I was looking at new bike and REALLY fell in love with this one

2011 Yamaha FZ8
MSRP*$8,490
ENGINE
Type779cc liquid-cooled inline 4-cylinder; DOHC, 16 valves
Bore x Stroke68.0 x 53.6mm
Compression Ratio12.0:1
Fuel DeliveryFuel Injection
IgnitionDigital TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition with 32-bit ECU Transmission6-speed w/multiplate clutch
Final DriveO-ring chain

CHASSIS
Suspension / Front5.1-in travel
Suspension/Rear5.1-in travel
Brakes / FrontDual 310mm hydraulic discs
Brakes / Rear267mm disc
Tires / Front120/70-ZR17
Tires / Rear180/55-ZR17
DIMENSIONS
Length84.3 in Width30.3 in Height41.9 in
Seat Height32.1 in
Wheelbase57.5 in
Ground Clearance5.5 in
Rake (Caster Angle)25.0°
Trail4.3 in
Fuel Capacity4.5 gal
Fuel Economy**39.8 mpg
Wet Weight***467 lb

I know it's new to the market, but anyone have experience with this bike?
If you decide that's what you want I have one on the showroom floor. Great bike! FWIW I personally had an older FZ1 and i felt it was one of the most well rounded bikes out there. I could ride all day comfortably or spank some novice riders on 600's in the corners. The Fz8 is so much more nimble than the 1000, its a blast to ride. Fly in here and ride it back to GA!
Old 06-15-2011, 12:58 PM   #16
Racerboy221 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerboy221 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerboy221 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerboy221 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerboy221 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerboy221 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerboy221 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerboy221 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerboy221 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerboy221 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerboy221 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Counter Intelligence at NSA
Name: Bill
Racerboy221's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Racerboy221
If you are all about naked bikes, go for the TRIUMPH Speed triple 1050. Better warranty, better bike overall.

A wee bit smaller, the TRIUMPH Street Triple 675

Both come with 2 years unlimited mileage warranty and are awesome machines!

I guess the real questions are these:
What type of riding do you do?
How long do you plan on owning the machine?
What is your budget?

Good luck with what ever you chose!
Old 06-15-2011, 01:06 PM   #17
CdnSldr is on a distinguished road
Army: Vehicle Tech. CPL, Maint. Coy, 18 Service Battalion
Name: Josh
CdnSldr's Tacoma Gallery
KTM Duke 690 or Triumph Street Triple in my books

Cant beat the Dukes fuel economy and fun factor...plus the best in brakes and suspension right from the factory.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:15 PM   #18
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
The bike has been marketed in Europe before coming here.
It is to fill the niche left vacant by the FZ6 only with more powa plus!!
A con is there is not a lot of aftermarket parts yet here in the us.
There is an FZ8 forum that is pretty active as well as a FZ1, FZ6, & FZ6R, all under the same format. You'll get some good info there. I do for my bike.
Happy Shopping.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:26 PM   #19
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Ummm... A ducati monster 696 is the same moneys and much cooler. Might not be as big but no need to compensate for your penis anyway.

Old 06-15-2011, 01:31 PM   #20
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
I swear by my 3-cylinder Triumph, although I have the slightly larger version. I've put that bike through hell and it's been a consistently awesome ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerboy221 View Post
If you are all about naked bikes, go for the TRIUMPH Speed triple 1050. Better warranty, better bike overall.

A wee bit smaller, the TRIUMPH Street Triple 675

Both come with 2 years unlimited mileage warranty and are awesome machines!

I guess the real questions are these:
What type of riding do you do?
How long do you plan on owning the machine?
What is your budget?

Good luck with what ever you chose!