Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Motorcycles

Notices

Any XS650 owners on here?

Old 07-25-2011, 12:58 PM   #1
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Any XS650 owners on here?

I'm going to be looking at an 79 Special this week, has 7xxx miles on it. Current owner just put new wires and plugs in, plus fork boots. Some other recent work was fresh oil, carbs cleaned, timing chain adjusted, points adjusted, clutch adjusted, new fuel and vac lines. He does say that the battery in it does not hold a charge for more than a week, but it kick starts pretty easily, thinking this is an alternator issue?

Anyway, if any of ya'll have/had one and can give me some tips on things to look out for, let me know!
Old 09-26-2011, 07:10 PM   #2
oldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud of
oldtimertoyota's Tacoma Gallery
I recently sold my 78 XS650, it was a fun and easy bike to ride and work on. Finding neutral can sometimes be tricky on many XS bikes. Here is my old bike, kind of miss it!