Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Motorcycles

Notices

Im a New rider ...saying hello

Old 07-29-2011, 09:21 PM   #1
Very Nice !
packfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud of

packfan88's Tacoma Gallery
Im a New rider ...saying hello

I took the MSF Course in early July. Passed and got my license on the 17 of July.

I had bought a motorcyle the week before that, in anticipation I would pass. I bought a used bike that fit my budget of <$3k including all things associated with it like registration, insurance, , fees, ect ect. So I bought a 2001 Yamaha V-Star 650. Its a good first bike. Cheap enoug if I fuck it up while learning how to drive I wouldnt be too heartbroken and i wouldnt break the bank on repairs.

I have always wanted a bike. Never had anything get me over the hump to get it. All the planets aligned just right to get me out there. I had a tax return come in that dictated my budget. I started workign on a job site that requires the workers to pay to park. Since I have a truck they charge and extra $10 a day. So the total is $25 a DAY !!! ....oooooorrrrrrrr, i can park the motorcycle next to the building for FREE!!!!! So, all that put together meant I was going fo rit and did.

Since I have been on the road I have clocked just over 150 miles. I havent ridin it to work yet, still wanna get some experience before I undertake that journey. I may try it Monday.

So anyway, to those of you on the fence about it I say Go For It !!

Good luck, be safe and have fun all my fellow riders !
Old 07-29-2011, 09:21 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
WelcoME!
Old 07-29-2011, 09:22 PM   #3
Very Nice !
packfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud of

[IMG]http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6005/...7b691c9bf1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6142/...2f715b0dc3.jpg[/IMG]
Old 07-29-2011, 09:22 PM   #4
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
nice! be safe and gear up
Old 07-29-2011, 09:36 PM   #5
horwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
horwitzs's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats and be careful out there.
People like to pull out in front of and change lanes into bikes.
In 16 years riding I've had lots of close calls but they haven't nailed me yet!
Old 07-29-2011, 09:37 PM   #6
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytoda View Post
nice! be safe and gear up
x2

and welcome!
Old 07-30-2011, 09:53 AM   #7
Very Nice !

everyone who i know that rides has said "everyoen crashes once"....is it true?
Old 07-30-2011, 09:57 AM   #8
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by packfan88 View Post
everyone who i know that rides has said "everyoen crashes once"....is it true?
2 types of bikers, those who have crashed and those who haven't...yet
Old 07-30-2011, 10:41 AM   #9

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
not to scare you but this is why i said to gear up. full face helmet, long pants denim or stronger, and a coat and gloves and over the ankle boots
Old 08-01-2011, 01:05 AM   #10
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Hardscrabble's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats. Be safe.