LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Motorcycles

Notices

Kawasaki ER-6n

Old 08-12-2011, 06:27 PM   #1
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordon
SilverSeven's Tacoma Gallery
Kawasaki ER-6n

What do you guys think of this bike? I am going to be getting my first motorcycle soon and this is on the list. I can pick one up tomorrow 09 model for $6,023, is that a good deal? I couldn't get bought on the yamaha FZ8, but can buy it cash for $8,900.

What would you do?
Old 08-12-2011, 06:36 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Its a good beginner bike! Plenty of power to keep you entertained, but not kill yourself.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:55 PM   #3
Facial bones colapse as I crack your skull in half
WTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
WTtoolman's Tacoma Gallery
The ER-6n is a great bike for the beginner or seasoned veteran! Great choice!!
Old 08-12-2011, 07:08 PM   #4
horwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
horwitzs's Tacoma Gallery
Yep, good starter bike that you won't outgrow in a year.
I like the FZ8 but an 800cc inline 4 is probably a little over your skill level for now.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:11 PM   #5
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by horwitzs View Post
Yep, good starter bike that you won't outgrow in a year.
I like the FZ8 but an 800cc inline 4 is probably a little over your skill level for now.
I think the low end of the V twin would be more entertaining anyway....the FZ8 is all top end power...
Old 08-12-2011, 07:22 PM   #6
lwszabo is a name known to alllwszabo is a name known to alllwszabo is a name known to alllwszabo is a name known to alllwszabo is a name known to alllwszabo is a name known to all
lwszabo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I think the low end of the V twin would be more entertaining anyway....the FZ8 is all top end power...
Its not a v twin!
Old 08-12-2011, 07:39 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwszabo View Post
Its not a v twin!
The ER6 is.....
Old 08-12-2011, 07:56 PM   #8
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordon
SilverSeven's Tacoma Gallery
cool, good to hear. I will probably sign up for that er-6n then. Is 6k a good price for a new 09? or are they going for less than that?
Old 08-13-2011, 03:04 AM   #9
Facial bones colapse as I crack your skull in half
WTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
WTtoolman's Tacoma Gallery
The ER-6n is a parallel twin, not a v-twin.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:28 AM   #10
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The ER6 is.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTtoolman View Post
it is a parallel twin.... it is the same bike as the Ninja 650r (ER-6F in Europe)

btw, OP I have a 650R and its a great bike... plently of power and looks good, the ER-6n is the naked version of my bike... both are easy to handle, you won't out grow the bike, and its great around town
Old 08-13-2011, 04:23 AM   #11
lwszabo is a name known to alllwszabo is a name known to alllwszabo is a name known to alllwszabo is a name known to alllwszabo is a name known to alllwszabo is a name known to all
lwszabo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The ER6 is.....
Wrong...vtwins are Harley style motors. The cylinders are side by side in a er6n so its a parallel.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:50 AM   #12
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
cool, good to hear. I will probably sign up for that er-6n then. Is 6k a good price for a new 09? or are they going for less than that?
6k new sounds about right... I'd look for a used one though because you could find those for like 4-5k...

Don't let them talk you into a bunch of other add-on prices.
Old 08-13-2011, 06:15 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTtoolman View Post
My bad. I thought it was similar to the SV650...
Old 08-13-2011, 09:02 AM   #14
lwszabo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My bad. I thought it was similar to the SV650...
I have had a v twin, a L twin, a parallel twin, and a inline 4. By far the L twin is my favorite. I had the L twins in my sv650, tl 1000 s, ducati monsters 800,900, and s2r 1000.... the best all around bike was the sv 650! Cheap,plenty of power and not hard to maintain! However i really like the er6n....if i wasnt such a Ducati fanboy i would have one instead of my monster...and my $1000 every 6k service! Oh well its all about what you love! On day i am getting a kawaski green zx6r!
Old 08-14-2011, 03:55 AM   #15
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwszabo View Post
I have had a v twin, a L twin, a parallel twin, and a inline 4. By far the L twin is my favorite. I had the L twins in my sv650, tl 1000 s, ducati monsters 800,900, and s2r 1000.... the best all around bike was the sv 650! Cheap,plenty of power and not hard to maintain! However i really like the er6n....if i wasnt such a Ducati fanboy i would have one instead of my monster...and my $1000 every 6k service! Oh well its all about what you love! On day i am getting a kawaski green zx6r!
The parallel twin in the ER6N vibrates more than the v-twin in the SV650