Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Motorcycles

Notices

fz1!

Old 08-22-2011, 02:09 PM   #1
Nitronick will become famous soon enoughNitronick will become famous soon enough
Name: Nick
Nitronick's Tacoma Gallery
fz1!

any of you guys have a fz1 first gen? im looking at gettting one within the next few months, im ready, now just looking for the prefect bike for me! anything to look for particular in the first gen models? not to worried about no fuel injection. so stoked to get one. post pics if you have one
Old 10-09-2011, 05:34 AM   #2
sml2727 is on a distinguished road
sml2727's Tacoma Gallery
I used to own one....great bike, very fast(thats why I sold it)...if you havent already go to yamahafz1oa.com and get a ton of info, its a GREAT site.

Good luck
Old 10-28-2011, 02:10 PM   #3
TacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
TacPro45's Tacoma Gallery
I just picked this up for my commuter. I hit 15k on my truck since January so to cut back a little, and not add too much on the Harley, I got this:

2003 FZ1
Old 10-29-2011, 11:40 AM   #4
Nitronick will become famous soon enoughNitronick will become famous soon enough
thats a nice fz1 is that just a custom paint job? i thought the special editions ones are yellow and black.
Old 10-29-2011, 01:52 PM   #5
TacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
TacPro45's Tacoma Gallery
Honestly I wasn't sure at first, as I was just looking for a commuter so it didn't really matter. However today I picked it up and brought it home, while I was washing it I found a small chip revealing blue underneath. The previous owner repainted it.

It's not the best paint job up close, but it looks way better than blue!
Old 10-31-2011, 09:33 AM   #6
TheEh-Team.ca
buck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shed
buck's Tacoma Gallery
Nice ride!
Old 11-08-2011, 05:05 PM   #7
OtisandElly is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Flew a desk
Name: dbr
OtisandElly's Tacoma Gallery
I had a Gen 1 FZ1. I put 47K on it and it is still a nice bike. Looks good, runs excellent. I sold it to my nephew about 4 months ago. If you haven't already, you should check out the FZ1 Owners Group at http://www.yamahafz1oa.com/forum/

If you pick one up you won't be disappointed.

I've been tearing around on an 08 Gen 2 I picked up in Oct. 09.

Re: TacPro45's Gen 1. Definitely a re-paint. Yamaha did offer a similiar color scheme in a replacement kit for the Gen 2 version. I have one tucked away for whenever I get tired of the granite color with the lower body kit.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:46 PM   #8
WVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
WVtriple's Tacoma Gallery
Good all round motorcycle, bullit-proof as they come. +1 FZ1 owners forum, tons of info. Only suggestion I have if and when you get one, go to a double bubble screen for more wind protection, and drop a tooth on the front sprocket or go one up on the rear, makes the driveability that much better.
TacPro45's repaint is a style they had on these bike, but it was in yellow and black, which was pretty bad-ass looking.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:37 PM   #9

well....i got one last week!! all i can say is...that its freakin awesome!