Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Motorcycles

Notices

Good towing products

Old 08-24-2011, 01:10 PM   #1
mgolland45 is on a distinguished road
mgolland45's Tacoma Gallery
Good towing products

was wondering if anyone had good towing soltions that have made towing your scoot easier.

I recently icked up some extenders from Vehicle Systems that hold your tailgate at 45 degrees, it's perfect for holding a dirtbike in a 6 ft bed. Nothing bounces out, and they are tiny. Ive also tried motogate but wasnt a fan. I was considering getting a cinchitdown.

thoughts?
Old 08-24-2011, 01:45 PM   #2
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Herbie Hancock
BakoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
First of all, was is a scoot? R U talking about a scooter or an actual motorcycle of some kind?

Second, what R U trying to accomplish? Ways to hold down the bike in the bed? I put my bike all the way to one side, and slide the rear tire to the opposite side. That way I'm able to put up the tailgate and nothing will come out. I attach the tie straps to the stock side rails. If you don't trust them you can install some floor mounted hooks to the bed.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:21 PM   #3
mgolland45 is on a distinguished road
mgolland45's Tacoma Gallery
scoot is sometimes used as a term for a dirtbike. I frequently have to fit 3 bikes into my truck and if people have heard of things that work well in general with towing bikes i thought it would be good to know.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:30 PM   #4
Sport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Sport11's Tacoma Gallery
If you are talking about putting them in the bed, put two bikes on the outside facing toward the cab and one bike in the middle facing toward the tailgate. Get six straps and use two straps per bike on the handlebars. You can always use another strap to secure everything else. The bikes will probably stick over too far to be able to close the tailgate to 45. Another option would be to get the bed extender. Not sure if it would work though.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:47 PM   #5
TurboYota is on a distinguished road
TurboYota's Tacoma Gallery
I use a trailer hitch carrier most of the time. It took some getting used to, but it leaves the bed free for another bike, gas, tools, gear ect.