Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Motorcycles

Notices

Exhaust Wrap Suggestions.

Old 09-04-2011, 08:28 PM   #1
Local TW dissenter
toy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
toy02ota's Tacoma Gallery
Exhaust Wrap Suggestions.

I'm looking at wrapping the exhaust on my Nightster. Has anyone here done that to theirs? Or would I be better off powdercoating the pipes?
Old 09-04-2011, 10:22 PM   #3
Pick your poison
okie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
okie's Tacoma Gallery
I just did this the other day...my advise- PATIENCE & a buddy to help
(I had niether lol)

This is what I bought. They offer white & tan as well.

Youtube motorcycle exhaust wrap..several vids on it.

If you want to go with the coating route, try JET-HOT.

Its a better alternative than powder coating & wrapping.

Our local PD'er stop doing exuast & headers as few come back with bubbling/cracking issues.

Good luck.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:24 PM   #4
Local TW dissenter
toy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
toy02ota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
I just did this the other day...my advise- PATIENCE & a buddy to help
(I had niether lol)

This is what I bought. They offer white & tan as well.

Youtube motorcycle exhaust wrap..several vids on it.

If you want to go with the coating route, try JET-HOT.

Its a better alternative than powder coating & wrapping.

Our local PD'er stop doing exuast & headers as few come back with bubbling/cracking issues.

Good luck.
Would you happen to have a picture of the job? That's the package that I was looking at.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:33 PM   #5
Morto un papa, se ne fa un'altro
motorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: EOD TEU1, MU 8, BUD/s 225, MA 9545
Name: Jason
motorsport36's Tacoma Gallery
I have done my bike and many others. I worked at a harley dealership for years. Don't powdercoat them. wrapping them takes time but looks great.

I took off my exhaust, after cooling of course, brought them into my bathroom and did them in there. It's much easier off of the bike. You'll need to wet the wraps, do not soak them, just wet. I hung mine in the shower. I cut the wrap into two equal lengths and let hang. I did one pipe at a time. start at the exhaust port and metal clamp it on there after a few wraps. then continue on. The wetness will allow you to wrap it vert tight. Clamp the other end when your done and let dry over night. Install next day and start bike. do it outside of the garage beacause i do belive that the initial "smoke" is quite bad for you. not to mention it fuckn stinks. when its done smoking, your done.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:44 PM   #6
Pick your poison
okie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

okie's Tacoma Gallery
^ yeah wet em first so much easier. Sorry no pics.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:49 PM   #7
motorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

If you get the black ones, prepare for a mess!

Old 09-04-2011, 11:01 PM   #9

^ no, they came black like the one in the bathroom. over time the black fades in the sun and heat. the newest picture, whitest, was three years after putting them on
Old 09-04-2011, 11:04 PM   #10
Pick your poison

okie's Tacoma Gallery
Oh & I found hose clamps to be better than the ziptie doohickies they give.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:18 PM   #12

thanks and agreed do not use the piece of shit clamps they give you. buy ones from the hardware store. Also be carefull where you put the clamp head on the exhaust port, remember you have to put the half inch nuts back on to your exhaust studs. just make sure they are not in the way