Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Motorcycles

Notices

Anyone here own a VRod?

Old 11-05-2011, 07:27 PM   #1
Local TW dissenter
toy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
toy02ota's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone here own a VRod?

I found a 09 VRod Night Rod Special and I took it for a test ride. I'm really considering trading my nightster in on it. I love the sporty but I think I can keep myself entertained longer on the VRod. Anyway, does anyone here own one? I'd like to hear from owners about their experiences.

and yes I realize that if I really wanted to go fast I should get a Jap I4. But I love the thunder.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:37 PM   #2
41 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toy02ota View Post
I found a 09 VRod Night Rod Special and I took it for a test ride. I'm really considering trading my nightster in on it. I love the sporty but I think I can keep myself entertained longer on the VRod. Anyway, does anyone here own one? I'd like to hear from owners about their experiences.
A guy at the shop bought one. Had it for one summer and sold it. The more he rode it, the more he hated it. I tried it, i prefer my son's wide glide. I just didn't feel one with it.
To me it looks like shit. Never liked the looks of it. don't like the radiator.
Sorry, but I'm old school.
To be honest he didn't have and real problems with it. I think he bought it thinking it would grow on him.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:57 AM   #3
Pick your poison
okie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
okie's Tacoma Gallery
I have one. (07)

After owning 5 sport bikes, this is my 1st cruiser.

Lotsa good info here (sub forum-VRSCDX)

Mine..
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone here own a VRod?-07.jpg  
Old 11-06-2011, 07:14 AM   #4
Local TW dissenter
toy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
I have one. (07)

After owning 5 sport bikes, this is my 1st cruiser.

Lotsa good info here (sub forum-VRSCDX)

Mine..
That's exactly the same bike I'm looking at. My only complaint is that the pegs are just a Tad too far. Do they make anything that helps with that?
Old 11-06-2011, 07:17 AM   #5
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
My 2 buddies have them and love them to death. They both had Suzuki tl1000s and made the switch. Vrod would be the only hd I'd buy. Isn't it a BMW motor or something like that?
Old 11-06-2011, 07:25 AM   #6
Local TW dissenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
My 2 buddies have them and love them to death. They both had Suzuki tl1000s and made the switch. Vrod would be the only hd I'd buy. Isn't it a BMW motor or something like that?
From what I read, the motor design was based on the Harley drag bike. Then HD and Porsche collaborated on it. It has OHV and is liquid cooled unlike other HD motors. The heads are at 60 degrees instead of 45. I haven't done any reading up on these bikes or anything
Old 11-06-2011, 07:30 AM   #7
Local TW dissenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmxracer View Post
I like my night train better, looked at the v rod and rode one, just not me

That's definitely a sweet bike. Its not for everyone for sure. My dad said "that isn't a real Harley. Listen to it, it sounds like a mustang."

On a side note, your yard is green as hell!
Old 11-06-2011, 07:33 AM   #8
wes mantooth ™
Joben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: I Babysit Adults
Name: Joben
Joben7726's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-06-2011, 08:00 AM   #9
WHEEEEEEEEEEE!!
CRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CRU's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
Isn't it a BMW motor or something like that?
No. HD was assisted in it's design by Porche Engineering Group. Some say Porche designed the entire engine but I don't know how much of that is true. I remember when the prototype for the V-Rod was used in the VR-1000 for AMA road racing. I saw it race at the Daytona 200 back in 2000. Damn thing was loud as hell. You could here it coming before it even entered the infield track. It's sad Harley pulled out of AMA road racing shortly after. Of course, they were getting their asses handed to them at each race by the Japanese & Italian bikes. Lol.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:18 PM   #10
Local TW dissenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joben7726 View Post
Luckily for me I don't have a wife to kill my dreams! I'll let the bike do the killing... I mean... yeah.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:51 PM   #11
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
what color is your sporty? either silver/black or green/black?
Old 11-17-2011, 06:27 PM   #12
Local TW dissenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
what color is your sporty? either silver/black or green/black?
She's silver and black. I wish I could have found the olive and black. I love that combo.

Old 11-17-2011, 06:36 PM   #13
What do you mean I can't go up there...Watch this!
Jonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
Jonyd182's Tacoma Gallery
I rode an R1 for years then gave it up and i've been riding a vrod ever since. It's a fantastically balanced machine with good power.

If you want to be welcomed by hard core cruisers then look elsewhere. But if that's not your concern. Join a vrod club and enjoy the modern cruiser.

The only two complaints I have is short range and it's a bit uncomfortable at highway speeds for long rides.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:15 PM   #14
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
Quote:
Originally Posted by toy02ota View Post
She's silver and black. I wish I could have found the olive and black. I love that combo.

my buddy owns the olive/black one, and theres another olive/black at the local harley dealer with 84 miles on it