Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Motorcycles

Notices

Where to get motorcycle trade-in values.

Old 11-11-2008, 02:16 PM   #1
flyby08 is on a distinguished road

flyby08's Tacoma Gallery
Where to get motorcycle trade-in values.

Hey everyone,

I was riding this weekend, the sun was out and thought I would be cool for a nice afternoon ride. Well to cut the story short I went down and after the ER and some pain medication, I am left to deal with the bike. It looks the the repairs are gonna cost a shit load and the insurance is probably just gonna want to cash out the bike. Anyone know where I can find the trade-in value for bikes, its a 2006 yamaha R6.

thanks in advance.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:17 PM   #2
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
www.kbb.com
www.nada.com

Part it out, thats your best option IMO. What would you want for the engine? I have a snowmobile that an R6 Engine would be great for!
Old 11-11-2008, 02:33 PM   #4
Tacoma02TRD is a jewel in the roughTacoma02TRD is a jewel in the roughTacoma02TRD is a jewel in the rough

Tacoma02TRD's Tacoma Gallery
I've seen a lot of people part out there usable parts after a wreck like thins on ebay. People will buy the most random stuff of it because it broke on there bike or they need another yadayadayada. So that's worth a try or craigslist. Glad to know that your gonna be ok and hope you get all the money you can back out of your bike.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:44 PM   #5
WESTern Alliance: NORCAL COAST
BeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BeefTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Got this from one of my motorcycle forums.

The insurance will not use kbb they will use local market values sometimes higher sometimes lower based on the overall condition of your bike. Sport bikes tend to have a higher salvage value if they are newer so expect the bike to total if the estimate surpasses whatever designated percentage
example once the value is attained, sales tax applied, and DMV fees if the estimate exceeds actual cash value+sales tax+DMV-%salvage it will total.
Don't forget the clothes you had on your gear your custom parts and equipment.

Glad to hear your o.k.