1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Where to get motorcycle trade-in values.

Discussion in 'Motorcycles' started by flyby08, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Nov 11, 2008 at 2:16 PM
    flyby08

flyby08 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    san francisco
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD sport 4x4 short bed
    TRD Catback exhaust, Topdeck tonnaeu cover, locking gas cap, all weather floor mats, Pop-n-lock tailgate, painted black rims, volant CAI with RAM air scoop, 10" MTX thunder sub with 2ch amp, Alpine SPS-609 and 600, Pioneer AVHP-3200BT HU
    Hey everyone,

I was riding this weekend, the sun was out and thought I would be cool for a nice afternoon ride. Well to cut the story short I went down and after the ER and some pain medication, I am left to deal with the bike. It looks the the repairs are gonna cost a shit load and the insurance is probably just gonna want to cash out the bike. Anyone know where I can find the trade-in value for bikes, its a 2006 yamaha R6.

thanks in advance.

2. Nov 11, 2008 at 2:17 PM
    dually

dually Low and slow

Member:
    Interstate underpass
    Vehicle:
    '16 Inferno SR5 DCLB
    www.kbb.com
    www.nada.com

Part it out, thats your best option IMO. What would you want for the engine? I have a snowmobile that an R6 Engine would be great for!

3. Nov 11, 2008 at 2:20 PM
    flyby08

flyby08 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    san francisco
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD sport 4x4 short bed
    TRD Catback exhaust, Topdeck tonnaeu cover, locking gas cap, all weather floor mats, Pop-n-lock tailgate, painted black rims, volant CAI with RAM air scoop, 10" MTX thunder sub with 2ch amp, Alpine SPS-609 and 600, Pioneer AVHP-3200BT HU
    thanks

4. Nov 11, 2008 at 2:33 PM
    Tacoma02TRD

Tacoma02TRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    Walla Walla WA/ Klamath Falls OR
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma TRD
    3inch Revtech lift,Flowmaster Muffler, K&N cold air intake, 33x12.5 Maxxis Bighorns, TRD stock locker, Hella 500 Fog lights, Scanguage II, 6k HIDs, Painted Black Rims
    I've seen a lot of people part out there usable parts after a wreck like thins on ebay. People will buy the most random stuff of it because it broke on there bike or they need another yadayadayada. So that's worth a try or craigslist. Glad to know that your gonna be ok and hope you get all the money you can back out of your bike.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  5. Nov 11, 2008 at 2:44 PM
    BeefTaco

BeefTaco WESTern Alliance: NORCAL COAST

Member:
    Santa Cruz County Ca.
    Got this from one of my motorcycle forums.

The insurance will not use kbb they will use local market values sometimes higher sometimes lower based on the overall condition of your bike. Sport bikes tend to have a higher salvage value if they are newer so expect the bike to total if the estimate surpasses whatever designated percentage
    example once the value is attained, sales tax applied, and DMV fees if the estimate exceeds actual cash value+sales tax+DMV-%salvage it will total.
    Don't forget the clothes you had on your gear your custom parts and equipment.

Glad to hear your o.k.

Products Discussed in

To Top