Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Motorcycles

Notices

My ZX6R 636

Old 11-20-2011, 05:50 AM   #1
NHTacoma11 is on a distinguished road
NHTacoma11's Tacoma Gallery
My ZX6R 636

Figured I would share.
Other then my kids and truck, This s my other passion.

Old 11-21-2011, 11:38 PM   #2
Sunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice bike man, Ninjas' would definitly be my bike.....if there were no such things as R6's!!!!
Old 11-21-2011, 11:49 PM   #3
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
nice, I have same helmet...it sucks
Old 11-23-2011, 10:30 AM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by solus View Post
nice, I have same helmet...it sucks
Lol, I would have to agree, but it does the job for now. When and if I can come up with the extra cash, I would like to get a Scorpian, or Icon
Old 11-23-2011, 10:32 AM   #5
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHTacoma11 View Post
Lol, I would have to agree, but it does the job for now. When and if I can come up with the extra cash, I would like to get a Scorpian, or Icon
Arai or Shoei only!

I have the Arai Vector; a lot of money but definitely worth it if I take a spill. Not all helmets are the same.
Old 11-23-2011, 10:36 AM   #6
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Nice bike man. When I get my EMT cert. and hopefully start working in the ambulance I hope to get a Ninja 600 nothing quite as extreme as that. Post your pics in this thread.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/mot...rcycle-52.html
Old 11-23-2011, 10:52 AM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumNutz View Post
Arai or Shoei only!

I have the Arai Vector; a lot of money but definitely worth it if I take a spill. Not all helmets are the same.
I have heard very good things about those brands as well.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:07 AM   #8
Duae Rotarum per Sempre
canyonchaser is one of the sharper tools in the shedcanyonchaser is one of the sharper tools in the shedcanyonchaser is one of the sharper tools in the shedcanyonchaser is one of the sharper tools in the shedcanyonchaser is one of the sharper tools in the shedcanyonchaser is one of the sharper tools in the shedcanyonchaser is one of the sharper tools in the shedcanyonchaser is one of the sharper tools in the shedcanyonchaser is one of the sharper tools in the shedcanyonchaser is one of the sharper tools in the shedcanyonchaser is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Dave
canyonchaser's Tacoma Gallery
Both Scorpion and Icon are rubbish helmets - Sorry. They are better than no helmet, but certainly nothing I'd trust my brain to. They have an extremely high fail rate when it comes to random testing.

I've been in the motorcycle industry for years and based on my experience as well as data i've had access to that tracked concussions, these are how I rate helmets.

1. Arai (its what I wear)
2. Shoei - awful graphics but great helmets
3. AGV - Italian, high quality product, not very available in America
4. Airoh - another awesome helmet thats rare here
5. Suomy - its essentially an Arai knockoff
6. X-Lite - But only the very-top-end X-lites, but again, not very available here
7. HJC - Again, only the very top end version. The cheap ones are really crappy.

It's really hard to be an Arai. If you have a quality motorcycle shop in your area, you can ask to have your Arai fitted. They have different liners and cheek pads to really optimize the fit. It's absolutely amazing!

dp