Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Motorcycles

Notices

The 2-stroke thread

Old 03-24-2013, 06:41 PM   #321
"the soulless ginger"
PAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
PAlittlematty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
I had mine to where it would start first kick in gear. Previous owner had put a $500 clutch in it with the stainless lined fingers so never had issues with it not disengaging all the way. Just gotta get the piston near TDC first.
Ever ride a bike with the Rekluse that you don't use to take off or stop? Friend of mine has one on an RM250
Old 03-24-2013, 06:42 PM   #322
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAlittlematty View Post
Ever ride a bike with the Rekluse that you don't use to take off or stop? Friend of mine has one on an RM250
Yeah my brother has a yz450f with one, I really liked it actually. No more stalling in the corners that's for sure. Never tried one on a 2 stroke though.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:43 PM   #323
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
^^Pretty much my dream bike right there.
It is for sale
Old 03-24-2013, 06:44 PM   #324
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay238 View Post
It is for sale
I have no money

Give me till june when I start my real job lol.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:44 PM   #325
n0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: USDI BLM
Name: J.W.
n0rth's Tacoma Gallery
The TM's are handbuilt in Italy, they have been around since the late 70's. They are super trick top of the line components and the rest of the parts are built in house. I can honestly say this thing is amazing to ride, they are not quirky like some other euro exotics I have ridden. Also how many 2 strokes can you still plate as street legal?

Dirtbike magazine test
http://www.tmmotorcyclesusa.com/dbtm...e2011pg42.html
US distributor TM Racing
http://www.tmmotorcyclesusa.com/
Local guy I got mine through
http://www.sortovaracingservices.com/
History
http://www.sortovaracingservices.com/page2/
Old 03-24-2013, 07:22 PM   #326
"the soulless ginger"
PAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KTM is about the only company I know of.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:21 PM   #327
Turbo Meister
Speed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Speed Freek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah my brother has a yz450f with one, I really liked it actually. No more stalling in the corners that's for sure. Never tried one on a 2 stroke though.
I have a Rekluse on both of my main bikes (YZ295 2t with WR trans and a CRF450R) I love it, makes really difficult hillclimbs look easy. Its fun watching people have yard sales back down the hill trying the same thing I just demonstrated, lol. Is that mean?

I probably dont "need" one on the YZ but I'm sure not taking it off, lol.

I am supposed to get a vid of myself riding a high speed stand up wheelie (at least 60mph) over the trestles bridge on the railroad tracks this weekend between Ocotillo and Superstition if I can muster the balls, lol. But I'm gonna do it on the thumper, its easier... .
Old 04-03-2013, 08:36 AM   #328
n0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: USDI BLM
Name: J.W.
n0rth's Tacoma Gallery
I had a chance to demo a 2013 Beta 300RR yesterday, really nice bike awesome motor with e-start and cornered better than any bike I have ridden. I didn't care for the ergos, small tank and the suspension needed to be dialed.

Cody Webb won King of Motos this year on one beating out Graham Jarvis. Link to American Beta 300RR 2-stroke http://www.americanbeta.com/node/801
Old 04-03-2013, 09:44 AM   #329
"the soulless ginger"

Yeah king of motos was a good race for Cody. Trials background does a lot for riding bikes. I'll be at a couple of the trials nationals this summer minding for a rider and the world event in Tennessee. I'll be sure to get a lot of pictures in TN.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:54 AM   #332
Shit'll buff out!
Codyj8 is just really niceCodyj8 is just really niceCodyj8 is just really niceCodyj8 is just really niceCodyj8 is just really nice

Name: Cody
Codyj8's Tacoma Gallery
Question for you guys... So couple weeks ago I rode my dirt bike to my buddies house from my house, probably like 2 miles apart. When I got there I shut it off and took a leak. Got back on to ride and it wouldn't start, figured oh maybe the plug got fouled so I changed it and realized I wasn't getting any spark.. wtf? (04 ktm 125)
Old 05-20-2013, 03:24 PM   #333
"the soulless ginger"

Coil or stator
Old 05-22-2013, 02:16 PM   #334
Shit'll buff out!
Codyj8 is just really niceCodyj8 is just really niceCodyj8 is just really niceCodyj8 is just really niceCodyj8 is just really nice

Codyj8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Coil or stator
Figured out it was the stator.. And founda new crack in my frame.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:49 PM   #335
"the soulless ginger"

Just weld it up. Friend of mine broke the frame on his trials bike weekly. Weld it and paint it. Done
Old 05-22-2013, 03:04 PM   #336
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Chromoly should be TIG and by someone that knows what they are doing though. Otherwise its going to be brittle and continue to crack over and over
Old 05-25-2013, 02:19 AM   #337
Shit'll buff out!

Codyj8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just weld it up. Friend of mine broke the frame on his trials bike weekly. Weld it and paint it. Done
Already been welded twice, this will be the 3rd time just the welds keep making stress points for the non cracked part of the frame. Bout to just buy a used one off of ebay for like 150 bucks.
Old 05-25-2013, 03:16 AM   #338
Swimmerboy2112 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
Swimmerboy2112's Tacoma Gallery
Love 2 strokes! Gas + oil =

2001 Polaris Scrambler 400 & 1988 Yamaha Waverunner 500
Old 05-25-2013, 04:47 AM   #339
MAXBOI
maxboi is a jewel in the roughmaxboi is a jewel in the roughmaxboi is a jewel in the rough
Name: Brian
maxboi's Tacoma Gallery
Gas and "Autolube"... high tech in 1970. Still runs like a clock

Old 05-25-2013, 05:32 AM   #340
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxboi View Post
Gas and "Autolube"... high tech in 1970. Still runs like a clock

Pure sex!!!! What year and CC? I had a '73 125cc that was very similar, thinking yours is a bit older?