LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Motorcycles

Notices

The 2-stroke thread

Old 05-25-2013, 05:43 AM   #341
MAXBOI
maxboi is a jewel in the roughmaxboi is a jewel in the roughmaxboi is a jewel in the rough
Name: Brian
maxboi's Tacoma Gallery
1970 125

it's a AT1B
Old 05-25-2013, 08:29 AM   #342
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Was thinking '69 or '70. My Dad had a '69 175cc. Thought is was a bit older than mine, cause mine had a different gas cap.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:25 PM   #343
oldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud of
oldtimertoyota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxboi View Post
Gas and "Autolube"... high tech in 1970. Still runs like a clock

Very nice! Somewhere in this thread I posted my 71 RT1, love the vintage Yamaha enduros!
Old 05-28-2013, 03:23 AM   #344
MAXBOI
maxboi is a jewel in the roughmaxboi is a jewel in the roughmaxboi is a jewel in the rough
Name: Brian
maxboi's Tacoma Gallery
I'm getting an itch to sell it. Having trouble finding some comparable 125s that have sold. NADA shows an excellent one at $4,800 !!!! Got to be a bad calculation.

Any one have some guidance ?

It has 6,xxx miles, clean title, runs like a top, original tires/grips, needs detailed.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:56 AM   #345
freddirt is just really nicefreddirt is just really nicefreddirt is just really nicefreddirt is just really nicefreddirt is just really nice

Name: Clint
freddirt's Tacoma Gallery
My Buck Twunnie Fizzle... lol.

Old 05-28-2013, 04:20 AM   #346
freddirt is just really nicefreddirt is just really nicefreddirt is just really nicefreddirt is just really nicefreddirt is just really nice

Name: Clint
freddirt's Tacoma Gallery
Buddy of mine built this CR500AF. Thing is scary.

Old 05-28-2013, 08:48 AM   #347
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
^Always loved the idea of these
Old 05-28-2013, 08:52 AM   #348
Turbo Meister
Speed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Speed Freek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddirt View Post
Buddy of mine built this CR500AF. Thing is scary.

Currently building one for extreme enduro using a YZ aluminum chassis, gonna be sick! Once I rode one I was in love, but I am kind of a power whore.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:22 PM   #349
hickorylarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedhickorylarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedhickorylarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedhickorylarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedhickorylarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedhickorylarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedhickorylarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedhickorylarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedhickorylarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedhickorylarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedhickorylarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
hickorylarge's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxboi View Post
I'm getting an itch to sell it. Having trouble finding some comparable 125s that have sold. NADA shows an excellent one at $4,800 !!!! Got to be a bad calculation.

Any one have some guidance ?

It has 6,xxx miles, clean title, runs like a top, original tires/grips, needs detailed.

I have a 75 DT125 WITHOUT a title I'm trying to sell for like $700... if it had a title I'd probably be asking more like $1100. Yours is a little older and rarer, and in what looks like very good shape. Original tires will need replaced asap... Is it still the original bore? If so I would feel comfortable putting maybe like an $1800 price tag on it and see what happens. More if it has had a top end recently. I see plenty of these on craigslist for well over 2 grand.... they tend to stay on craigslist for a very long time lol.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:54 PM   #351
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Here's mine, 05' 300EXC.

Old 07-13-2013, 11:07 PM   #352
Dog slave
Erik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
Erik65's Tacoma Gallery
I used to own a Bultaco Frontera 370--what a 2 stroke beast! I miss that bike
Old 07-28-2013, 07:05 AM   #353
RiverBoyTRD has a spectacular aura aboutRiverBoyTRD has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jonathan
RiverBoyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
The 2-stroke thread-image.jpg

Just picked this bad boy up. Been looking for a cruiser but decided going back to my grass roots was best. 2001 CR250, tilted to the hilt. Easier to name what is stock which are plastics motor cases and swing arm and frame pretty much. Rad guards, pro circuit pipe/silencer, pro circuit motor internals, factory connection suspension mods and a whole lot of other stuff.

Buddy dad was the owner and he is a meticulous guy about his stuff so I know the bike is outstanding, all she needs is a front sprocket (missing tooth) and new fork seals....bike sat for 4 years torn apart and was just put back together 4 months ago. With everything done to it and with the couple of items it needs I couldn't say no to $1400
Old 08-02-2013, 09:13 AM   #354
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bad ass, Jerry Robin Qualifies for Loretta's on 1985 Honda

http://www.redbull.com/us/en/motorsp...-on-1985-honda

Old 08-02-2013, 09:37 AM   #355
JRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jarid
JRod4928's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post

That's awesome.

Look up '500cc's of Glory' on Youtube. self-explanatory. Awesome racing!
Old 08-02-2013, 10:46 AM   #356
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post

shows how its rider skill rather than bike. props to him for sure!
Old 08-02-2013, 10:54 AM   #357
Señor member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacokid09 View Post
shows how its rider skill rather than bike. props to him for sure!
Its kind of funny how in the videos when he is riding the bike you can hardly tell how old it is. But that is true, I would bet someone like Villopoto or Dungey would smoke my ass even if they had a dual shock 70 something elsinore and I was on their factory bike
Old 09-03-2013, 07:33 PM   #358
Bamo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: CERT Team
Name: Barry
Bamo's Tacoma Gallery
My 2000 Honda CR250. Got it from a friend for $500. Had to put 2K into it but it has been a blast to ride. I been racing 450's since 2004 and going back to a two stroke has been a blast. I highly recommend it.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2-stroke thread-mail3.jpg  
Old 11-26-2013, 09:47 AM   #359
Turbo Meister
Speed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Speed Freek's Tacoma Gallery
Finally doing it, I recently bought 2 Honda CR500r bikes, both in amazing condition, one had a bad transmission which I already fixed (3 bad shift forks, and 2 bad gears) so I have that motor sitting on my bench ready to modify the cylinder and do some porting and rehone the cylinder and some new rings)

So now I finally have that 500 motor that ave become extremely hard to find anymore, or if not hard to find, people sure do want a lot of cash for them!!

So now I need a donor bike, I found one, while its not a Yamaha YZ like I wanted, its a 2005 Honda CRF250R and it still has a motor and runs for $1k. Been looking forever, and my buddy finally is selling me his!

There sre kits you can buy to give you most the parts needed for the swap and once I get back after the TG weekend I am gonna pick up the CRF.

I should have all built within a few weeks since I wll be racing this bike in D37 and D38 desert series as well as WORKS and any Extreme enduro in Ca and Nevada.

I have wanted to build one of these bikes for over 10 years and now it time!

I am gonna start a new thread outlining the build process for anyone who might want to do the same.

Meanwhile I am taking my Yamaha YZ295 out to Havasu for 5 days to ride, ride, ride! Too bad I will be solo the whole time.

I NEED MORE EXPERIENCED RIDING BUDDIES, sniffle...
Old 11-26-2013, 01:25 PM   #360
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Freek View Post
Finally doing it, I recently bought 2 Honda CR500r bikes, both in amazing condition, one had a bad transmission which I already fixed (3 bad shift forks, and 2 bad gears) so I have that motor sitting on my bench ready to modify the cylinder and do some porting and rehone the cylinder and some new rings)

So now I finally have that 500 motor that ave become extremely hard to find anymore, or if not hard to find, people sure do want a lot of cash for them!!

So now I need a donor bike, I found one, while its not a Yamaha YZ like I wanted, its a 2005 Honda CRF250R and it still has a motor and runs for $1k. Been looking forever, and my buddy finally is selling me his!

There sre kits you can buy to give you most the parts needed for the swap and once I get back after the TG weekend I am gonna pick up the CRF.

I should have all built within a few weeks since I wll be racing this bike in D37 and D38 desert series as well as WORKS and any Extreme enduro in Ca and Nevada.

I have wanted to build one of these bikes for over 10 years and now it time!

I am gonna start a new thread outlining the build process for anyone who might want to do the same.

Meanwhile I am taking my Yamaha YZ295 out to Havasu for 5 days to ride, ride, ride! Too bad I will be solo the whole time.

I NEED MORE EXPERIENCED RIDING BUDDIES, sniffle...
i just finished prepping my 250f for the desert this weekend. i wish i had more experienced riders around here too

my next goal is to get a bigger bike.. lil 250f isnt the greatest in the desert but i mean it manages... sometimes.