Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Motorcycles

Notices

The 2-stroke thread

Old 12-07-2011, 03:18 PM   #21
Petrol head
RenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sloan
RenoTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Here is an awesome video for all who haven't seen it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LgSMI-oJLc
Old 12-07-2011, 03:22 PM   #22
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
silly 2 strokes.....

4 stroke FTW!!

jk, i like 2 strokes too, just prefer 4. nice bikes guys
Old 12-07-2011, 03:23 PM   #23
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
i love the easy maintenence for the 2 strokes, but i hate how they sound, its so annoying lol. i love my 4 stroke..
Old 12-07-2011, 03:24 PM   #24
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
I ride a 4 stroke though. My fat ass needs as much low end power as possible.
I'm 6' 250lbs and my friends 5+ year old KX85 has no trouble pulling me around, the suspension doesn't like it but the motor doesn't care.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:29 PM   #25
Petrol head
RenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98_Mud_bug View Post
i love the easy maintenence for the 2 strokes, but i hate how they sound, its so annoying lol. i love my 4 stroke..
The 500s have a pretty deep tone, if the high pitch bothers you
Old 12-07-2011, 03:32 PM   #26
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Now this is a good running 2 stroke.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQCpExKaP7U

Just needs a sirin and some emergency lights for this thing and he'll be set
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nmmh...eature=related
Old 12-07-2011, 04:47 PM   #27
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoTacoma View Post
The 500s have a pretty deep tone, if the high pitch bothers you
no its the ting ting ting that gets me lol
Old 12-07-2011, 04:49 PM   #28
Petrol head

All hope is lost for you then
Old 12-07-2011, 04:53 PM   #29
98_mud_bug

ill stick with my yfz. its got a full bill ballance exhaust. its stupid loud and i can walk 5th sittin on the seat.. its plenty fast for me lol. but I got respect for the dirt bikes. i sure as hell cant ride one.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:03 PM   #30
DreDog is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
DreDog's Tacoma Gallery
2 stroke is in my near future. I hate my unreliable, poorly designed, old, never wanting to start 4 stroke
Old 12-07-2011, 05:04 PM   #31
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorseforever View Post
I'm 6' 250lbs and my friends 5+ year old KX85 has no trouble pulling me around, the suspension doesn't like it but the motor doesn't care.
I'm about the same build. Still I love my thumper even though I may sell it. I prefer newer stuff anyway.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:10 PM   #33
Petrol head

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreDog View Post
2 stroke is in my near future. I hate my unreliable, poorly designed, old, never wanting to start 4 stroke
Indeed. I rest my case.
http://vimeo.com/32887596
Old 12-07-2011, 05:12 PM   #34
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Yeah I'm sure nothing ever happens to 2 strokes.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:14 PM   #35
98_mud_bug

lol damn he blew that thing up, if its prior to the 04 model they didnt have a very good oiling system and that was a very common occurrance. and riding the rev limiter dont help.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:15 PM   #36
98_mud_bug

Quote:
not near as often as 4 strokes. i blew up my 400ex 3 times. first time bored it to a 426, then the second time i went all out and ended up with a 520 sometin after the bore and stroker crank. and it blew up too. now i drive a yamaha.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:19 PM   #37
Petrol head

Quote:
I cracked a piston skirt in my 250 in may, only thing that didnt need replacing was the transmission and cases. total cost to overhaul the entire engine was about 1300$, and that was a shop putting the bottom end together for me. I am willing to bet that NEW kawi cost at least 2000 for a rebuild
Old 12-07-2011, 05:22 PM   #38
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
I cracked a piston skirt in my 250 in may, only thing that didnt need replacing was the transmission and cases. total cost to overhaul the entire engine was about 1300$, and that was a shop putting the bottom end together for me. I am willing to bet that NEW kawi cost at least 2000 for a rebuild
2k if you do the work yourself.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:30 PM   #39
98_mud_bug

i almost went to a 2 stroke banshee that had been rebuilt after i blew up my 400, but for what i paid for the 07 yfz 450 i got. i couldnt pass it up.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:38 PM   #40
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98_Mud_bug View Post
not near as often as 4 strokes. i blew up my 400ex 3 times. first time bored it to a 426, then the second time i went all out and ended up with a 520 sometin after the bore and stroker crank. and it blew up too. now i drive a yamaha.
I have never had an issue with my 700. I change the oil and I change the plug. 3 years no issues.

Quote:
Ouch. Still though. I have never had an issue.